Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

My personal hot take re: Miracle Man is that a significant chunk of the audience read the collections when they were released and had a fairly nonplussed reaction. Sort of a 'that's what people were making a big deal over' thing.

Just like showing people who like to watch movies without necessarily being 'film nerds' Citizen Kane or Alien or Jaws, the things that made those works so striking on release have largely been absorbed into the general language of the medium to the point where they don't seem as impactful today.

(That said, Jaws absolutely still holds up.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

They recommended Strong Female Protagonist and now the whole site is dead. A fitting reward for such creatures.

(Just kidding, I miss Comics Alliance already but seriously? Did they actually read the comic before writing that column?)

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Lightning Lord posted:

I enjoyed his insane episode guides to Power Rangers and X-Men the Animated Series and always thought it was great that he actually got paid for that poo poo. I hope he continues to do them pro bono.

And Ask Chris gave me something to point at for the inevitable person who treats "Why doesn't Batman just donate all his money to charity to stop crime?" as a megaburn instead of just a conversation starter, and I'll always be grateful for that.
I came to Comics Alliance following Chris Sims and I hope he finds a way to keep writing without going to Cracked or something terrible. I liked the site a lot originally but feel like it never really found a new direction or voice after Laura Hudson left.

• Locked thread