Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

That just makes me realize how much better Black Widow's costume would be if her little wrist things were huge Monev the Gale style gauntlets

wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I think if you compare dc (minus vertigo) to marvel, they don't have all that many more classic trades. It's really Vertigo and their approach to storytelling that made the difference. As others have said, Marvel had never had a Vertigo-esque line that strayed any real distance from superhero

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Was epic anything other than Bendis? I can't even remember the books they put out.

Endless Mike posted:

Man, I keep mistaking Epic for Icon.

So did i

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 10, 2017

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

He's an accquired taste and works really high level, but you've basically got to at least try Morrison's run. Read Batman and Son, The Black Glove, and Batman R.I.P. and if it hasn't grabbed you by then, walk away with a clean conscience, but if you're digging it, there's a lot more.

I really dislike Morrison, but his Batman is some of the best Batman I have read. At least until nu52 fucks everything up.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Timeless Appeal posted:

So my students are writing short plays. They can basically write anything they want; the content doesn't matter. They're just learning how to write scripts for a bigger project we're doing in a couple of weeks. Anyway, I'm getting pretty some nerdy poo poo like Japan ceasing all exporting of anime which leads to a war between the US and Japan.

But the best so far is Suicide Dogs: A story in which the members of the Suicide Squad are captured and their dogs must save them. The dogs are named Harley Quinn Dog, Deadshot Dog, and Captain Boomberang Dog.

Still less nerdy than the play about Sonic trapped on Cybertron.

The war was to make sure all anime stays in Japan , right?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Barry Convex posted:

This is fantastic and pretty much everyone should read it.

I'm not reading 30K words by someone with a furry avatar. What are the highlights?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I would be so down with keeping monthlies to digital only and moving to trades for physical releases.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I got engaged today!

Congrats, dude!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I bought all of those Image titles.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

I read the first volume of Snotgirl, and really liked it. It's kinda like that manga No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!, in that the main character is genuinely kind of a lovely person and a gently caress up, and most of her problems are of her own creation, but you still end up rooting for her at least a little. And the mystery is really interesting too.

I was pretty meh on Scott Pilgrim, so I'm surprised at how much I like Snotgirl

I didn't get passed the second issue because of all the things you said :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Don't know about kindle, but I use the Perfect Viewer app on my android tablet

• Locked thread