Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CapnAndy posted:

Excuse me, Mr. Coloring Book Author, but I really need to ask you what ought to be a pretty easy question: Have you ever, in fact, seen a Ghostbusters movie? Either of them?

Pretty sure that's Tony Stark, Steve Rogers and Peter Parker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Planetary/Batman: Night on Earth is very weird, but it's definitely one of my favorite Batman stories.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

redbackground posted:

Congrats! How long do you think it will take to convince her to dress up as Guy Gardner on your wedding night?

No, man, she dresses as Ice.

Congrats, Rhyno!

Endless Mike posted:

Green Jelly is definitely not butt rock.

I don't know. Their "Three Little Pigs" video started with close-ups of butts.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I've talked a bunch here and there about Chikara the indie wrestling promotion. They like to do lots of comic-related stuff like making their DVD covers into comic cover homages, their Royal Rumble is called the Infinite Gauntlet, they had a guy with a frog Thor gimmick, last year's big story involved a psychic in a wheelchair with a team of wrestlers called the HeXed Men and so on. They even just did a 52/One Year Later thing where they skipped ahead a year in continuity and gradually released shows from a secret season on their streaming site.

Anyway, the last show ended with an unstoppable heel named Merlok beating the hell out of a tag team's manager/mascot Jawsolyn (a woman in an adorable hammerhead shark Halloween costume). After he slammed her into the wall and threw her through a table, the show ended with the woman being tossed into a refrigerator and Merlok slamming the door shut. They did literal fridging in a wrestling show. I shouldn't be laughing, but I am.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

KaosMachina posted:

I would sing its praises to the high heavens, but I'll instead try and pull back a bit and just say that yes, it's good- but part of that is due to innate comparison to the not nearly so good story of the game itself, the length of its story and pacing of its storytelling, and having a lot of excellent character moments and dealing with how the DC Universe could have gotten to the point it's gotten to from a familiar setting.

It's not always great- there's a rough patch when the writers change- but even after that, it's not bad, I'd say. Just not AS good.

Also, Ground Zero is a huge improvement on the game's storyline by essentially rewriting it into Incorruptible Starring Harley Quinn.

I still say that the scene in Year Two where she tells Black Canary about her hidden daughter is the best Harley Quinn comic book moment ever written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah that sounds made up.

d00gZ isn't the lying type.

• Locked thread