Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Escobarbarian posted:

How long are these tapes that the main dude can't just listen to them all in one night or over a weekend and has to go around asking everyone about them when they're even constantly telling him to just listen and shut the gently caress up

He does in the book. I think it's overall a stronger concept that way, and like 90% of the present day bullshit they add doesn't really enhance the narrative that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Despera posted:

Hey I'm not the one defending a show for young adults that makes suicide an acceptable way to get back at people they don't like.

Any teen that sees the suicide in this show and thinks "Yeah, that's what I'm going to do" was already checked out. It's slow and painful and very, very bloody and there are like a million easier ways to get the job done.

e: And also nobody gets any comeuppance for how they treated her, not really.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 1, 2017

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

It doesn't seem like it, because it's wrong about key plot points.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Despera posted:

10 more hours of hana blaming everyone for her death.

She literally says that other people are responsible for her death. They aren't. You weren't forced to kill yourself.

Hooray for "raising awareness" and "starting a discussion" when this show is going to get kids killed.

And if you watched the story, at what point did you think the narrative was supporting her view, rather than showing her as a sick, sad girl that didn't get the help she needed?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

hatelull posted:

Are you saying you would have liked a "victory lap" epilogue, where we see how the fallout from the deposition (I think it was a deposition right?) in the last episode effects everyone?

No, it's a counter to the claims that it glamorized suicide. Not only is it a fairly horrific way she kills herself, but ultimately nobody really learns anything from it. So, you know, fairly pointless as a means of revenge. And the idea of a second season basically shits on the entire concept and really makes it a terrible adaptation. Book, short and sweet, kid listens to the effectively very long suicide note of a person he knew and comes to the conclusion that he should listen and help someone out if he thinks they are in trouble and not put it off. The end. Series is fairly long and meandering because it stretches it out and adds a lot of present day poo poo, and now you want a season 2?

• Locked thread