Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Ep 3 down and I feel like at least the main tragic thing is ultra predictable she's gonna get raped. almost definitely by that Bryce dude. What I don't know is why Clay is on the list, which is probably the biggest mystery for me.

At the same place as you, and largely thinking the same thing.

Also, Alex is super gay right? Is that even meant to be ambiguous?

My god the peer pressure stuff was being layered on with a trowel. (In Episode Three specifically, I mean.) Television really, really needs to dump that cliche where the teacher explains the theme of the episode as part of a lesson, only for the rest of the episode to demonstrate it. Just because Mean Girls did it well (EVERYONE SHOULD TOTALLY STAB CAESAR!!!) doesn't mean it was ever a particularly good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Nope! His sexuality is never explicitly stated (thank god for some restraint) but he definitely is straight/bi)

Oh, woah. I've completely been misreading his scenes up until now. (Still episode three)

I assumed his bizarre, halting relationship with Jessica was out of a need to pass as straight rather than typical teenage neurosis. And his whole "want to hang out with the cool guys" was more of a sex / need to be straight thing rather than just wanting to be part of the cool crowd -- he has that line about really wanting to be around Justin in Episode Three. That and the hair, the clothes (which is totally profiling, natch) and that bit where Jess seems to suggest that he might be into bad boys during one of their first scenes. I guess she was talking exclusively about herself, though.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Monaghan posted:

Just finished the show yesterday. Show was okay. I'm still baffled as to Why the other kids who were just sorta mean to Hannah were so worried about it "ruining their lives." Like being a little aggressive with a girl and touching her leg during a date, stealing some notes from a bag and sorta being a dick and not hanging out with a girl anymore, aren't going to affect your scholarships or have you arrested or some poo poo. Yet for some reason the kids are willing to go to insane lengths to try and cover it up. The show also seriously dragged with Clay not just finishing the loving tapes and having him yell "tell me" to tony for the 12th time got old.

They're all either rapists, perpetrators of sexual assault, guilty of manslaughter (arguable), or accomplices after the fact. They're all hosed.

• Locked thread