Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

Does the Hole guy remind anyone else of Rod Serling?

I mean, yeah? I assume they were making a deliberate reference there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Caught up on the second half; thought ti was solid all the way through other than the second half of the Observer episode (first half was hilarious to me, the second one dragged too much) and the first half of the Kuato episode. I liked the Water-T episode a lot more than I expected to, too. I love over the top commitment to stupid puns and three-sus christ had me pause the episode. (And "he's killing everyone! And every two, and every three-)

I also didn't expect R&M to have such a heartwarming ending, the ending of the Hole episode were a great payoff on Rick's development with how he treated Morty's reactions to the Hole and then the last couple seconds that capped it off. So happy this show got renewed after S6 and that it's not worse without Roiland at all. Could use a couple more B-plots though, I think Observers/Kuato suffered hard for that.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

FireWorksWell posted:

Could use a couple more B-plots though, I think Observers/Kuato suffered hard for that.

Yeah, there was a lot less involvement of the family as a result. Aside from the one Summer episode it was a very Rick and Morty focused season which I guess is fine but it seems like a change from previous seasons. I think Mr. Goldenfold probably had more lines in one episode than Jerry and Beth had all season.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

FireWorksWell posted:

Caught up on the second half; thought ti was solid all the way through other than the second half of the Observer episode (first half was hilarious to me, the second one dragged too much) and the first half of the Kuato episode. I liked the Water-T episode a lot more than I expected to, too. I love over the top commitment to stupid puns and three-sus christ had me pause the episode. (And "he's killing everyone! And every two, and every three-)

I also didn't expect R&M to have such a heartwarming ending, the ending of the Hole episode were a great payoff on Rick's development with how he treated Morty's reactions to the Hole and then the last couple seconds that capped it off. So happy this show got renewed after S6 and that it's not worse without Roiland at all. Could use a couple more B-plots though, I think Observers/Kuato suffered hard for that.

I think The Hole might be one of my top 5 episodes at this point, that was so loving touching and just capped the season off perfect.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRdAmIoWt6o

One thing I never picked up on was the guy Amber divorces is one of the first folks we see do a suicide to become spaghetti. :stare:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Today I learned a podcaster I like wrote both the spaghetti episode and the fear hole episode. Always fun when my parasocial friends succeed.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

PostNouveau posted:

Today I learned a podcaster I like wrote both the spaghetti episode and the fear hole episode. Always fun when my parasocial friends succeed.

The architect of maybe the greatest podcast episode of all time: the one where they invite a native guy to talk about Custer's Revenge at Thanksgiving and spend the back two thirds awkwardly apologizing.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I wonder how long ago the Hole episode was written.

If it was before the new voice actors, then Morty's getting over the fear of being replaced was pretty prescient.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 24, 2023

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

The architect of maybe the greatest podcast episode of all time: the one where they invite a native guy to talk about Custer's Revenge at Thanksgiving and spend the back two thirds awkwardly apologizing.

Oh man, that one legendary. One of the worst ideas ever and the guy just calmly demolishes them for like an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
I don't know if it ranks up there with Starbucks asking inviting people to discuss race issues with its staff during the working day. And with said staff either being mostly white or POC who didn't sign up for this and certainly don't get paid enough to go through with it. Without any real training taking place.

I'm somewhat surprised R & M didn't make fun of this but then it kind of makes fun of itself by being so ill conceived.