Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Shhh they're not ready to let go of the pearls yet.

If they even ever will be.

Sometimes it's just easier to go off of tenth-hand information, you know?

What was the cat actually called?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

This is an excellent example of what I was implying.

My only point here is that original sources, or as near as you can get, are always better than cherry-picked and arranged without original context.

Who knows how far Lovecraft could have moved towards the light given more time? He was obviously mentally ill.

Are all mentally ill people racists who should be judged on that basis? What was his cat called?

Strawman fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 18, 2023

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Bright Bart posted:

It's pretty weird but not at all unexpected that it's easier for Rick to create beings that retain enough of their humanoid physiology and psychology to both still turn into spaghetti upon suicide and kill themselves while at the same time being different enough to not have their suffering be abominable to the other humanoids they're derived from, rather than make something equally delicious.

Also, is it every explained just how Rick came upon the knowledge that this is particularly tasty pasta? I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and say his super brain did the quick math on the chemistry involved. The alternative is sheer curiosity forced him to try it or it was just more convenient than going back to the car for a protein bar.

He could have just found the universe where they made really good spaghetti :thejoke: