Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah the early portal gun looked especially awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI posted:

What episode is that guy from?

Mortynight Run. He's in the Jerry day care.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Robot Hobo posted:

Morty being extraordinarily dumb is an idea that Rick perpetuates, but the show has never actually backed that up in any other way.

Beth and Jerry both allude to him being dumb as hell and that being a core character trait from before Rick in the pilot.

I think the writers decided to abandon that idea though. Morty's clearly not supposed to read as stupid any more.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think it was called New Coke

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Haha, two parts sweet and sour, one part bbq. Of course that's how McDonald's made it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

I'm pretty sure at least one of those spaceships was a gigantic dick-and-balls.

Oh yeah, you don't see the closest one in full all at once, but you can see the ... flared base in the first shot and the shaft in the second shot.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Piell posted:

On Monday, Spicer promised to hold a press conference every day this week. In the end, he held two press conferences, two off-camera gaggles, and skipped a day.

Edit: Woops

Spoiler tags, please

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

All I know is what I hear on Harmontown, so I'm sure I'm wrong. But Dan once said he's essentially like the head writer on the show (as opposed to a normal showrunner, I guess), and it definitely feels like they're his kinds of stories. I don't know much about Roiland, but I guess I had assumed he got the co-creator credit for the initial idea of "what if Doc Brown was a mean drunk, and Marty was his grandson". I think of him as voice talent, like Billy West on Futurama. (That is not intended as any kind of insult or put-down, just in case I gave that impression.)

There was an interview or a podcast or something where one of them said that the end of the Unity episode where Rick intends to kill himself wasn't what Harmon wanted, but he wasn't around or wasn't clear about it, and Roiland went with the ending he came up with. Roiland's got at least some amount of power over the production.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
There's a lovely knockoff of Roy, called Troy, that you can play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVpbDogn9Rc

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Jerry just got so popular that they had to write him out so he could get a spinoff.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I don't see how one could call the roombas with spinners boring. They either shred their opponents or rip themselves apart in the attempt.

Also, uh, wubba-lubba-dub-dub or something.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fellbat posted:

One man's rick is another man's morty, have a new preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZcoJ39s2X8

drat, that's some cool stuff.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Crew interviews about "The Rickshank Redemption"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RecdrgB-Odc

New non-canonical adventure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1WlOfBQeyw

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

counterfeitsaint posted:

But McD will have to go out and collect the different fresh, natural ingredients for this unique sauce.

It's not like all they have to do is program the automated sauce making factory to produce a batch that has 10% more HFCS, 5% more artificial flavoring #5, 50% less artificial flavoring #32, and add .2 grams of artificial coloring #11.

I saw some YouTube cooking show, and the guy had three recipes that he thought could be how McDonald's made it. The third one was 2 parts sweet & sour dipping sauce, 1 part barbecue dipping sauce. I have no doubt in my mind he's right.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

Binging with Babish!!!

Everyone should watch this and subscribe to this guy, he rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBhhlE92mIQ

Yeah that's it.

It looks exactly like the szechaun sauce too. Somebody should tell Roiland so he can end his 20-year quest.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:sigh:

Maybe Hulu will pick it up? They're both NBC Universal right?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think "Your wife sure had a lot of guy friends" is better than the bird-watching line they went with.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Also apparently Season 3 will be added (on a 1 week delay) to Netflix as the season progresses to its conclusion in October.

Oh that's awesome

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, that was downright genius

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

World Famous W posted:

Buckethead is a man who is insecure and only thrives in a lawless apocolyapse and goes back to being useless once society reemerges.

Buckethead is a Jerry.

Summer calls him out as a coward the second she meets him too.

"Am I just like the burnt dolls guy?" is a funny identity crisis for him to have. The wasteland turning into suburbia and the plight of Robomorty were also brilliant. Excellent episode.

quote:

Yeah, Rick and Morty never goes for an overlong joke.

Was it even that long? People complaining about a 30-second gag.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 31, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I loved how he kept wearing his old wardrobe through the transformations. He'd show up in way-too-tight shirts when he was fat, and then when he lost the weight, it was oversized Tommy Bahama shirts.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ein cooler Typ posted:

so I guess Summer is going to be included in all the adventures now for muh gender diversity

didn't they add a bunch of female writers for this season

You're just poorly speculating about the motivation for more Summer. She's a fan favorite.

It also plays further into a running theme of the show that Rick, or maybe the knowledge that Rick personifies that there's infinite dimensions and you don't matter, slowly turns people into pleasure-seeking narcissists.

He's fully hosed up Morty, as shown by Morty's speech in Rickshank Redemption where Morty says he's trying to protect Summer from Rick. Like Unity said, Rick assimilates people worse than Unity does, and he has already fully assimilated Morty, so that's not interesting anymore.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

Why is no one talking about how completely broken Beth is? She spent 3 weeks with her kids and Rick playing games they would never play with her and she felt like her life was perfect and then suddenly when they real people return and are no longer exactly what she wants she sort of sinks back into herself. Even Jerry as much of a loser as he is has an accepting of reality that Beth lacks and is taking life as it comes rather then chugging wine and hoping people stop hurting him.

It's pretty much her version of living in a simulation running at 5%.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Typical posted:

What up goons, I spent nearly a year waste deep in season 3 and then another 6 months waiting for animation to wrap up so I'm glad you all finally get to see it. I can now show you guys some behind the scenes stuff I've been really excited about.

I presume you all saw, Episode 2. Well here are some of the cars I worked on.

A Cadillac Eldorado. This one i got to design my self. and the two chicks on top are 2 of the girls at the office.

You guys did excellent work on this episode.

I know you mostly do object work, but I saw a behind-the-scenes thing about this episode that talked to the character artists, and they pointed out that every background person in this episode was unique. How do they manage to make so many characters that still look like Rick and Morty characters? Is there some in-house style book that lays out "This is the proportions we're using, and if you stick to them, everyone will look like they belong seamlessly"?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Instead of this, watch this behind-the-scenes sneak peek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQLvLdpbF-Y

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Light on the jokes, so not as good as the first two episodes of the season. Still good though.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

That "monologue" puts a decent point on where Rick's character development is. And considering he then apologizes to Beth in the car, I think he's probably going to develop a bit from here. But I dunno, I'm having fun and laughing and not trying to extremely over-analyze every bit of a cartoon show to sound edgy.

He talks her out of going back though. Harmon in one of the behind-the-scenes videos this week or last said it's always going to go both ways. You'll never get "development" for Rick, only hints that he's not completely nihilistic.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

empty whippet box posted:

I just called into the post-post-show with these loving weirdos on the adult swim stream and bitched about her for a minute

You the guy who just got hung up on?

I didn't even realize there was a post post show. This is like worse than a public access show.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I literally cannot understand someone finding last week's episode more enjoyable than this week's unless they are absolutely terrified/incapable of introspection.

More jokes last week. Better quality ones too.

This week was still good though.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

El Jeffe posted:

Yeah and Rob Schrab sees the same therapist, which for some reason I find hilarious.

Haha, that poor therapist.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Now I think that run-in with Mr Goldenfold was probably based on Dan and Rob at the therapist and also one of them eating poo poo.

Maybe both.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Rick was definitely just blowing smoke when he apologized to Beth.

It resembles an abusive relationship. He'll say what he needs to to keep her around.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I love Rick and Morty. I thought this weeks episode was amazing.

Why is this thread so terrible?

It's in TV IV

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Human Crouton posted:

I don't think that the show Rick & Morty or the character of Rick represents anything, and that sick people will assign whatever their current issue is towards whatever they wish and would have the same arguments toward toward Game of Thrones, That 70's Show, or Godzilla.

That 70's Show was the greatest argument for National Bolshevism ever written, and here's 10,000 words on why.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Where do y'all think this throughline of Rick ruining the kids' lives because he's completely unchecked without Jerry is going? Morty and Summer steal his portal gun to escape him? Maybe they demand to live with Jerry?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kazinsal posted:

I'm confused about the purpose of a poop-eating book in a therapist's office for people trying to stop eating poop. That seems like putting pictures of people laughing and smoking meth up on the walls of a rehab clinic.

Hey man, are you qualified to cure poo poo eating? Do you know what the treatment regimen is?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, the Vindicators don't know what Israel is.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Half a million ants and half collapsing star.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

maskenfreiheit posted:

wait so noob noob is a morty?

The bombs were a bluff. Anyone on the pedestal would have gone on the ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

Worst episode of the season imo, but not in the sense that it's bad. Just that it's the least good but was still very good.

Yeah, you got it. Still great, just not outstanding.