Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Gobbeldygook posted:

I've been rewatching R&M with someone and season 5 is so much loving worse than I remembered.

Nah it's all right. I just about died laughing at Mr Nimbus, although I imagine people's mileage varies wildly on that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

SpeakSlow posted:

You think The Wall is supposed to be funny?

Those are people.

The Wall is the only reason I watch the show now, and it's purely for the crazy soap-opera drama

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage posted:

That was mostly a reference to her being in handcuffs in the poster. Logical explanation for it I'm sure...

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Shitenshi posted:

I liked it, but there was something missing. This ain't a Roiland apologia post or whatever, the writers have said he contributed gently caress all to the actual story whenever he was around, but I was just expecting more. It felt too by the numbers, almost like an AI made it or they were checking off ideas to throw in.

No, you're right, and "Roiland apologia" doesn't have anything to do with it. Even if Roiland had had zero input on the writing side, the show lost the voices of its two main characters, the ones whose names are in the show title. That's absolutely a huge blow to any show. If Roiland had been hit by a bus then everyone would have been wringing their hands over how R&M would move forward; it doesn't magically become not-a-big-deal because he was pushed out for alleged shitheelery instead.

I was fine with Rick's voice, although I was missing that deranged edge that Roiland brought to it (then again, Rick's been much less of a lunatic lately compared to the early seasons). Morty to me sounded WAY off but he only had like two lines so I'm hedging my bets

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

Morty and Summer had an indirect incest baby

he has a name you know

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Phenotype posted:

Uh, he's pretty dumb, man, even compared to the average person.

Hungry for Apples?

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
saw the episode title, was like "that post-credits gag from a decade ago? that's an episode now? gently caress that," watched the first couple minutes to confirm that was what it was, and ended up watching the whole thing and having a pretty good time

the end, no moral

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Although a few of Lovecraft's early stories lean on indescribable horrors (eg "The Unnamable"), by the time he kicked off his run of absolute bangers in the mid-20s he'd dropped that angle pretty much entirely, don't let it put you off :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Enjoyed that one, it was the first episode in quite a while that felt like the show at its peak (around seasons 2 and 3 imo). I think that's mostly because those episodes were taking well-worn genre ideas (hive minds, mini-universes, fake memories, etc) and going nuts with them, and "the hole/cave/room with your Greatest Fear" is just such an idea. Not sure how many of them are left, honestly