Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

alf_pogs posted:

he's looking pretty good for an 82 year old. he's just one of those faces that makes me happy when he shows up in stuff

i'm sad i never randomly became a billionaire because i have always promised myself that if i did, the main thing i would spend my money on would be hiring christopher lloyd to dress up as doc brown and just run around in a single scene in the background of every single historical period piece movie and to have enough gently caress-you money that the directors would have to go along with it.

real rich people are boring as poo poo because they don't want to make doc brown where's waldo a reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

if only there existed some way to make a post on the internet in a way that indicated you were not sincerely engaging with the subject matter

youd think internet people would have organically come up with a way to do that

they post a lot

what if you've done this for so long that you've just organically become the simpsons kid who doesn't even know if he's being sarcastic anymore

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

yeah but when do we find out the rival quarterbacks are related, before or after they fuckin

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

To teach all these nerds that stories are sports simply punt their fuckin' books through the giant fork thing at the end of the touchdown turf.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

he's just a real piece of poo poo

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

I still need to watch their show. I saw the first episode a few weeks ago and didn't get the warm-fuzzy from the extended run time. Felt like Bee & Puppycat all over again.

I felt the same at first but once you get into the rhythm of the longer format I honestly think it’s an incredible continuation / expansion of the shorts. Like Smiling Friends I found myself rewatching it very quickly. Only downside is the songs are not as immediately catchy but there are still some bangers.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpTBQEOb09Y

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

Yeah, taking a joke past its end point so far that it becomes funny again is a perfectly fine joke, but it's a bit overdone right now.

Which means they’re about to become REALLY funny.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That slur is appropriate when you're using it on someone passing you on the right in the parking lane, especially during rush hour traffic where their lovely driving combined with people slowing to not have a crash is large part of the reason why traffic is so slow to begin with.

I'm not going to apologize for any words I use on those people. They should not be allowed to drive and are a menace to everyone around them.

Sir, this a Morty’s.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

paul dini is just basic-bitch horny, girls holdin hands, girls in fishnets, best things ever vanilla-rear end horny, he's fine

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

ashpanash posted:

I can see Rick and Morty turning into a Community season 6, but I'd be surprised if it dropped to a season 4.

Paget Brewster as Morty and Keith David as Rick.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

He doesn’t have it anymore, hiring new VAs cost Harmon a leg

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I think they were making a joke about the time Rick turned himself into a pickle, which looks like a leg

IT COSTS A HARMON A LEG, CORAL

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I thought the predator thing was funny with the gag about the PI but much less funny when he actually showed up at the end. Episode was thoroughly okay, but not much better than that!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Well yeah the entire show is based around the star of Horsin’ Around to begin with

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Man I laughed harder at this episode than I have at the rest of the season so far

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, I actually kinda liked Disenchantment more than the overall sentiment for it and even I tapered off in the middle of a season I don't remember and never picked it back up.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

you all laughed in discomfort because of deep accusations and allegories around ethics and consumption

i laughed because man spagehtt

we are not the same

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I never really care about the lore/plot/whatthefuckever episodes in R&M in the abstract -- like, I've never been chomping at the bit thinking WHAT'S EVIL MORTY UP TO?? when so much of the show is at its best when its just doing its week to week shenanigans -- but they're really good at hitting them out of the park when they do happen. This one really fuckin' hit it out of the park.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

It was an okay episode but big webcomic 3 to 5 years in vibes

how's sluggy freelance doing these days anyway

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

goddamnit this season is like banger after banger. the randy newman-rear end pixar music over the churro montage.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

The kuato stuff was way more successful than the predator stuff from the season opener imo. But I'm a sucker for kuatos. Never forget you, Tiny Attorney.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

the thing about dorky sci-fi show writers who love puns is that they're really goddamn good at them

i mean Dread Nought was an A+ goddamn name for a big evil zero

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Also yeah, this was probably in the bottom rung of episodes for this season for me, but still in the "goddamn I enjoyed that" register. I don't want to be a broken record but this season has just been hitting for me over and over again; I feel Mr. Poopybutthole and the Unity episode were setting me up for a middling obligation-watch but every episode since those has had me hootin' and hollerin'.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Well I mean obviously this episode revolved around the T plot.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

i can't believe they made a show with 69 episodes of filler to date

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I genuinely never even notice or remember there are new voice actors until one of you fuckers say something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Hell I'd make a person into spaghetti right now.