Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

A new thread?

I don't get it, we pretty much nailed it the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

he really got nailed by those shots

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Someone made a giant Butter Passing Robot for a robot fighting league and it was surprisingly effective! Sike, no it wasn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifA1191UVOg

I loving hate the guy who first came up with "roomba with a spinny thing on top", that poo poo should be banned at any robot fighting event worth its salt

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

They were married five years, if that ends with a surprise pregnancy it would be stupid AH (as heck).

3 weeks.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lovely wizard quit huffing pottery enamel and/or your own farts

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

We Know Catheters posted:

The only people that put chili on noodles are in Ohio and that state doesn't matter.

chili should never contain cinnamon :argh:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

WampaLord posted:

Hey, wow, a goon who can watch TV correctly!

no no no, that won't do at all, let's spend a couple dozen pages arguing about misinterpretations

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

vermin posted:

Cosmic apotheosis has been my favorite part so far

the whole sequence made me think of The Jaunt

"Longer than you think, Rick! Longer than you think!"

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Phylodox posted:

I felt like the joke was Jerry getting weirdly defensive about something completely normal and everyone capitalizing on that to make him uncomfortable.

ding ding ding

will not stop the woke outrage, however.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

maybe I just don't get it but I'm genuinely bummed out that Morty did not get to keep being Healthy Morty, he seemed genuinely far better adapted to normal life :smith:

e: removed an unnecessary bit of lovely ableism

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Hemingway To Go! posted:

He also kind of had the best life Jerry could get, that's pretty funny. Doesn't give either of those characters a place they can go but still funny.

oh god

Healthy Morty was hungry.... for apples

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

He doesn't deserve too. He's a bad person.

that's just about everyone in Rick and Morty.

Except Mr. Goldenfold

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

The newscaster Ricks who kept getting more hosed up needed one more to be a great gag.

I don't know, the dismissive "that loving guy" exchange was just enough for me, I feel rick 716-D would have just been overkill

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Yeah it's not that he isn't being lovely, it's that it's showing the way he's being lovely isn't specifically sexist since a woman's using a him the same way. And in real life trying to make your ex jealous isn't limited to one gender either.

dear God this thread somehow finds a way to pick the worst possible aspects of every episode to dissect :cripes:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Drink-Mix Man posted:

If someone needs an editorial to explain to them at length that Rick is actually an antihero I don't know what to tell them.

Rick is not an antihero

Rick is the villain

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

prefect posted:

Ridley is not just a writer; he's just below the Harmon-Roiland tier, a teensy bit. (I agree that it's probably tongue-in-cheek.)

no he's actually telling them to get their poo poo together, get it all together and put it in a back pack, all their poo poo, so it's together.

And if they gotta take it some where, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the poo poo store and sell it, or put it in the poo poo museum. He does not care what they do, they just gotta get it together.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Phenotype posted:

I hope they do a Pickle Rick 2 and it's just a full episode of the cool fight scenes and none of that lame family drama stuff I usually skip through. All the stuff about feelings is so not the point of Rick.

:ironicat:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

bonus!!!!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

...what? if anything it was a callback to Doc and Mharti

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

which alien was voiced by Ricky Gervais? was it the initial intern, or the telepad operator? both?

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 18, 2019

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Come home to the unique flavor of shattering the grand illusion

Come home to Funko Rick

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

This episode felt like a constant "two kids constantly trying to one-up each other", culminating with Rick and the robot yelling back and forth for hours.

It was less "bad" and more "mediocre" to me, but mediocre stings more when it's only five episodes this season.

good point, I think this would have been fine as episode 3 of 10 or whatever.

but 3 of 5?

oof

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm not sure what you think you're doing here, but nobody wanted Elon Musk to be on the show in the first place,

the showrunners clearly wanted him to

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Are you suggesting Harmon is incapable of resisting his urge to eventually sabotage himself in every aspect of his life? :thunk:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I feel the real punchline was after all the pointless and tedious twists and flashbacks that devolved into a childish one-upmanship game the very beginning was an actual twist that changes everything for the most ridiculous reason.

that mr poopybutthole can apparently drink a beer 2/3 his size?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

Considering the stinger for this episode outright invokes "a storm is coming", I get the feeling that the finale is going to be either Morty finally making a stand for himself against Rick (at the worst possible time, of course), or one of the loose ends from earlier seasons (Evil Morty or Tammy and Phoenixperson, just off the top of my head).

why not both

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

100 years

rick and morty dot com

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it's good they did that, because neonazis will certainly listen to reason

...wait

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

huh

the 2nd half of that episode was almost 100% roiland

guaranteed

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I liked Snitler, Snabraham Lincoln and the Snerminator

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

boo_radley posted:

No love for Snarah Connor?

oh poo poo I missed that? there were so many sight gags, I regret not recording the episode to rewatch it

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

snake jazz is totally my jam now too

ssss tss tss tsssssssss tss tss tssssss...

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gently caress how is a throwaway joke character so good and wholesome and perfect in every way

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

l admit to not having every single one of the last few hundred posts, did we talk about Rick straight up almost not belching at all this season?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Whoa they just announced the release date

in the dream I just had

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gently caress I want to buy one now

must consume

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Mohawk Potato posted:

Ok i must of missed it what was it?

"nobody's buying anything because of this loving virus"

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

soupcan58 posted:

:aaaaa:

Holy poo poo, that episode was amazing! If I'm remembering right, did we just see every single thing that was in the ads for the premiere? Because I think that's the case, so we have no idea what the rest of the season's gonna be like. That's honestly exciting.

it was roughly half of the preview. We're missing the face-huggers and gundam suits (probably the same episode)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

What was the word they kept bleeping when talking about muscles (bleep)cutters?

wasn't it "cum gutters"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

well, to be fair, you had to have a very high IQ to understand that episode