Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

My guess is that Rick is going to decide that Beth without Jerry is too annoying and needy to deal with; so he's going to get them back together not because he cares about his daughters emotional well being, but rather because it's more convenient for him when she has a husband around to distract her.

Or maybe Jerry and Beth will just stay broken up, that works too.

There is another way things can go...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

1. Fantastic as always. :thumbsup:

2. Did you also design the five dead flies? I thought that was great.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

It'd be a Hell of a brick joke if this guy (who's name I can't remember) actually does end up being a recurring character as Morty's step-dad because Beth remarries.

Paul Fleishman (spelling uncertain).

Typical posted:

Thanks, I did not design the flies though, that was done before i came on to this season by Justin Noel. http://imjustinoel.tumblr.com/

I swear, the stuff you artistic people do, it seems like alien sorcery to me. I'm more on Jerry's level.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PostNouveau posted:

Mortynight Run. He's in the Jerry day care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIrLNcIa37o

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Phylodox posted:

gently caress Szechuan sauce, I just want McDonald's to bring back honey mustard. Why'd they even get rid of it in the first place?

Why do/did they have one size for barbecue/honey mustard/sweet and sour, but just a tiny little container for honey? :mad:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bust Rodd posted:

It's 100% this. Rick drunkenly rambling at Morty in the garage is funny unless you've been 'Morty' then it's just sad.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -M. Brooks

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Baronjutter posted:

Seems like he'd have to break out the time travel stuff for that. Maybe that was his first project, time travel to get the sauce. That didn't work and everything else has been a spin off.

He does have that box labeled "time travel stuff" on his shelf. It's the one with a tentacle-eyeball thing sticking out of it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Megaspel posted:

Dan's never talked about his parents besides how he has a strained relationship, but this makes me wonder if Rick may have been somewhat inspired by them in a similar style.

He's talked about them a bit. They did some corporal punishment, which he had a huge chip on his shoulder about. His mom would see something on TV, like Roots, and then have a special conversation with Dan where she explained what racism was and why it was bad. Same thing for Holocaust denial. (That's why he wanted to create TV -- his mom listened to what was on the TV.) He kinda idolized his dad, and when his dad complimented him for creating Channel 101 and employing a bunch of people, he cried a whole bunch. (Or maybe he just cried when he was talking about it later.)

Also, he called his mom a "oval office" during a game of Catchphrase one time when he and Erin were visiting. (It had gotten very competitive.)

parallelodad posted:

Why do I see a lot of people say Morty is dumb or specifically retarded? He seems to be completely average and just not very good at school, but relatively street smart. People talk about him like he's Fry from Futurama.

He's very much like Fry. Remember how the genius waves from Rick's brain are cancelled out by the Morty waves, allowing him to be invisible to tracking devices? It's like how Fry's lack of the delta brainwave lets him get into the Infosphere, past the brains.

prefect fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 3, 2017

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Megaspel posted:

Ah yeah, now I remember. I sorta remember him not liking his parents that much, or otherwise putting across that vibe? I don't know if I should've brought it up really, it's a bit rude to talk about someone's parents and make assumptions I think.

He's been very angry at his parents about some things (the corporal punishment/"my parents hit me" thing), but it's also pretty clear he loves them, too. I think Britta's parents were based on Dan's like that -- he's mad about some things, they acknowledge they made some mistakes, but they're nice people and everybody can get along now that they're all older.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I'm not trying to sound insulting or :smug: at all but I'm under the impression that for a lot of R&M fans, this is the first time they've watched a show that is deeper and with stronger characters than, say, Futurama or *insert typical adult animated show here*

This could be interpreted as poo poo-talking Futurama, and I can't imagine anybody would be that silly and wrong. You might want to reword it. :D

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

little munchkin posted:

also shut up about mcdonalds

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bull3964 posted:

It would be really interesting to see Beth's reaction to the fact that not only is her real father dead, this iteration of Rick bailed on (presumably) his Beth and left her to a world of monsters.

I think the realization of that could drive her back to Jerry.

It's a shame that Cronenberg Rick and Cronenberg Morty couldn't hook up with the rest of the family.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

From what I'very hear it's actually just plum sauce, which I've also never had but is a lot easier to get.

Everyone who wants to try this sauce go get some plum sauce and let me know what it's like.

I've read that the special flavor in Dr Pepper is plum. You could boil some of that down to make it thicker, and dip nuggets in that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Skippy McPants posted:

Anyone notice the Harmon's new end screen? Cause wow... brutal.

Still out of date, since Fiv the cat is now dead. :(

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Say Nothing posted:

Galactic economy collapses... steal pants.

http://i.imgur.com/FB2DXgp.mp4

I'm pretty sure at least one of those spaceships was a gigantic dick-and-balls.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

QwertySanchez posted:

I guess whatever it was isn't gonna happen now there's no auction, but I had an idea about what the other things that may or may not happen would be..

Basically looking at the way the show is with meta humor and stuff I thought that maybe McDonalds would bring back the sauce, but not as an endorsement of the new mulan movie or whatever, but as an endorsement of who ever won the auction, as though they had a movie or a popular show or whatever. There'd be commercials, happy meal toys of this poor confused rear end hole. the works. Get the Chuck Spencer meal! at participating restaurants, with the chuck spencer sauce and spencer mcnuggets! With Rick and Morty commenting over the top of the commercials like they were from a dimensional cable episode..sure there'd be a little rick and morty logo on everything somewhere but they would make it look so much like it was for Spencing it out! in cinema's this fall!

What if Richard Spencer won the auction?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TFRazorsaw posted:

The alien agent said the thing in the garage happened somewhere between 9/11 and Rick's favorite sports blooper.

So the fake memory was set even LATER than 1998, and thus even more impossible.

He just said it was between those two things in Rick's brain. I don't think chronological order was necessarily implied. :spergin:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

parallelodad posted:

I lean more towards he doesn't want anyone to believe he cares about them, and he doesn't want to believe he cares about anyone either because he sees it as a weakness. But he does. Bird person knows this.

I'm on board with this interpretation.

Poor Birdperson. :(

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TFRazorsaw posted:

Well I know that. I'm just saying that the implied implausible time scale of it supposedly happening after 9/11 when Beth is clearly at least in her 40's was even more hinting that the memory is impossibly bogus. The fact that shot never happens at all is even more of an indicator.

Of course, I'm seeing a lot of people who WANT Rick's clichely tragic backstory to be real.

I don't think Beth can be in her 40s, because she had Summer at the end of high school, so she'd be less than 20. And Summer's still in high school, so another under-20.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Covok posted:

Oh that's even better. I knew I heard "take away our freedom", but it's perfect for Rick to skip right over "thousands died" to "how does this effect me?"

It's not like he was wrong. :shrug:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Maybe they said both things, possibly at the same exact time. :tinfoil:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It doesn't contradict itself, but Archer has dropped more plot threads then I've had hot dinners, and has retooled itself four times over.

I don't think "continuity" means "everything that gets mentioned is dwelled on for at least a whole episode".

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

underage at the vape shop posted:

Holy poo poo who cares

The goofballs who post in here, I guess? :shrug:

:D

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh boy here I go, shitposting again!

K-Michael's voice was so open and honest and cheerful. Wish he hadn't gotten killed. :(

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
"It's not like he's dying; he's getting married."

:smith:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Neutrinos are practically nothing; how much damage could a neutrino bomb do, anyway?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
:siren:

Continuity detected: Blenflarks (the currency Rick devalues) are mentioned in the pilot episode, by Dan Harmon Himself.

:siren:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

WampaLord posted:

There can't be infinite Ricks.

In the episode where they Cronenburg up the whole world and escape to the dimension where they just died, Rick says that there's only like 3 or 4 of these "freebies" left. If there were infinite Ricks, there would be infinite dimensions for "freebies."

He's not saying that there are a finite number of Ricks; he's saying that the audience for the show will only go along with this kind of swerve a few more times.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
"And why don't we just burn Galileo at the stake for saying that the Sun is round?"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ikanreed posted:

Most timelines have a Rick and most ricks have a Morty.

How does that not mean infinite ricks in infinite universes?

You can have one infinity that's smaller than another infinity. Math people understand this. (I am not a math person.)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I don't care for the Tiny Rick storyline, but I do like his guitar playing. (Also, the Beth-and-Jerry stuff is fantastic.)

Yay, Oscar-winner Jim Rash! :woop:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"Actually, l-l-let me grab my white board. This has been a long time coming, anyway."

I love that scene so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ik8vNGV64Q

:allears:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sassassin posted:

I found the deaths of the many Mortys upsetting and I hope all remaining Ricks (apart from "poo poo-eating" Rick) die horrible, painful deaths.

There may be more Mortys in existence than there are Ricks -- think about how many got killed.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fancy Hat! posted:

I don't totally trust Harmon not to go back to his own well.

He's already had Rick say "duh-doy", which Britta said in Community. It's all been done before.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

parallelodad posted:

I kinda thought the show was 60/40 Roiland's.

All I know is what I hear on Harmontown, so I'm sure I'm wrong. But Dan once said he's essentially like the head writer on the show (as opposed to a normal showrunner, I guess), and it definitely feels like they're his kinds of stories. I don't know much about Roiland, but I guess I had assumed he got the co-creator credit for the initial idea of "what if Doc Brown was a mean drunk, and Marty was his grandson". I think of him as voice talent, like Billy West on Futurama. (That is not intended as any kind of insult or put-down, just in case I gave that impression.)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I only just realised Jerry's favourite movie is Midnight Run, the buddy-movie, and not Midnight Express, the Turkish-prison movie.

It worries me, because I remember loving Midnight Run, and having something in common with Jerry can't possibly be a good thing. :ohdear:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gridlocked posted:

Would the Jerry Jamboree even exist post-citadel destruction?

It wasn't in the citadel. Heck, we don't even know if the Rick who created it was part of the Council. (Do all Ricks at the Citadel count as some sort of council members?)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Rick seemed to act and talk like he was unique but the council referred to him as An Unlawful Rick so I would guess Unlawful Rickery might have been a consistent problem for the council.

Rick definitely wasn't hostile towards all other Ricks. When he found out Jerry was friends with Doofus Rick, he said he had like ten other Ricks to call to share the funny news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rexides posted:

However, Rick is not the kind of guy who would let a little inter-dimensional animosity get in the way of a good laugh at the expense of Jerry and Doofus Rick.

Yeah, now that I think about it, wasn't the head of the Council at his house party?

Edit: