Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I'm Jerry Smith, and I love sucking big, sweaty beeped and licking disgusting furry testicle sacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I don't care how badass a Jerry becomes, there's no way he is taking down any Rick (including doofus Rick)

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Also if they are anything like any other version of Rick and Morty, the answer is that they are probably off adventuring and not just chilling around the house

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

it's been cancelled for 10 years. it's not coming back!

Rita Repulsa with a Rick and Morty season 3 poster photoshopped over her face:

"After ten thousand years I'm free!"

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The Rickshank Rickdemtiorick

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Meme Emulator posted:

I hated that joke because Rick and Morty is generally very fast paced and snappy, but Jerry just stood there like a moron explaining the joke to us for a long time. See also: When buckethead took his bucket off.

I wasnt a big fan of the episode in general and this is why, I think this is also the reason why someone said "Why did this feel like a family guy episode" earlier in the thread

I liked the episode but yeah the Buckethead joke was 100% Family Guy once it went past a certain point (i.e. the first 5 secons). I don't even think that's bad necessarily but the comparison is spot on.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I even said it wasn't bad, but that it was the same type of humor FG uses. Which is fine since it's once in one episode over the course of the entire series, it's just an observation. Jesus, chill.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Ein cooler Typ posted:

so I guess Summer is going to be included in all the adventures now for muh gender diversity

didn't they add a bunch of female writers for this season

source them quotes

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Last Chance posted:

I dunno I feel like people should continue groaning about SA-homegrown Rick And Morty pregnancy fan fiction in this thread

Yeah there's a gulf between "Rick and Morty take dumb plots and make them good" and "..therefor Rick and Morty are definitely going to use this dumb potential plot despite no evidence"

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm not really saying the latter, i'm just reacting to the outright hostility to the idea

they might do it, they might not, but if they do it'll probably be good because this is a good show

I'll agree with that for sure, I guess we will find out Sunday if they decided to do that gag as the B story to Pickle Rick

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The therapist casually tearing down Rick and then ending the session because time was up and asking for poo poo-eater referrals was the best part of the episode. Even if you didn't like the other parts without PR, that is still a weird and dumb thing to cut.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

What if I just wanna watch pickle Rick gently caress up Some rats?

That's fine too, I watched the rough cut of that probably a dozen times before the episode.

It's just weird to leave in PR in the therapist office but (badly) cut out most of the dialogue. The action parts are at least still entertaining out of context, watching one side of a conversation is dumb, it's not like there's even a ton of quotable stuff there.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

oh word, then I missed the joke my bad, I only skipped around

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

Agreed but I just wanted to talk about sandwiches :downs:

This is admittedly the best use of the alignment chart format ever, so I am glad that alignment exists just for this reason

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

What I liked especially about the therapist scene was how casual she was about it. People were saying she understood Rick without ever having met him and I don't entirely agree, I think a lot of her answer was a (really well thought out) stock response to someone saying "I don't need therapy because I'm smart/successful and you have an office in a strip mall" with a little bit of what she learned about him over the previous hour peppered in. Then when she was done and the hour was up she offered to continue the following week and asked for a referral for any poop eaters they might know and peaced out.

She also never rose to either Rick or Beth's bait and the only time she wasn't totally calm was when she was explaining to Morty that "we don't judge" when he discovered the poop eating book.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Arist posted:

Nah, if what she's saying isn't actually incisive it removes all the consequences of his ignoring the opportunity to better himself.

Oh, not saying it wasn't incisive. Just that the whole point of the speech is "therapy is about basic maintenance and it's boring and hard work", and I am sure she has had to give some form of that speech before. I don't think it was unique to Rick, though the "it's not an adventure that you can screw up so bad you die" was.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MariusLecter posted:

This gonna be the one with Christian Slater right?

I'm pretty sure that's the next one with the faux Guardians of the Galaxy. The vacation episode has been advertised as episode 6.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

I dunno, I saw the premiere at a bar, and it aired (or streamed) at 930. Not 12am.

Or maybe it streams earlier than it airs on TV.

Sounds like you're west coast? It's airing normally in central at least (11:30 est/10:30 cst). I'd say it was getting preempted for something but that's usually network tv.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I didn't like this speech when it aired because it felt a little too "Justin Roiland hijacking the character to rant about his own pet peeves" but given the events of the last 10 months leading up to this past weekend I think it's even more hilariously naive. "The public giving a poo poo about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction" indeed.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

/who the gently caress is noob noob

goddrat

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I mean maybe this is just me but I feel like the only people who really have any right/prerogative to discuss this are trans posters? Which I have a queasy feeling is not the case.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Ein cooler Typ posted:

do you also think only black people have the right to talk about racial issues?

just because I'm cis doesn't mean I can't care about injustice against trans people

lol well like another poster said, based on your rap sheet it sounds an awful lot like you - specifically - should not be discussing these issues

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Hey CP did you ever figure out the weird scheduling issues in your area? Was that a one off or is Colorado trying to kill Rick and Morty's ratings?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Hahaha holy poo poo I just noticed that the "Ants in My Eyes Johnson" commercial is on at the end

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I love Morty throwing his hands up and screaming in existential terror when Rick confesses he was not in control of the situation

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MariusLecter posted:

Think people might be confusing this with the LOST writers throwing a hissy fit that everyone and their mother guessed 'oh they're in purgatory'' and completely changing up what they were doing. For the worst lmao

I mean, the totally weird thing is - from an allegorical standpoint - it totally still was purgatory anyway. It's their weird place between life and death where these troubled people went to atone for their sins. You don't need to literally have Jesus or whoever show up and say "woooooh you guys were in purgatory all alllooonnngg" for it to be functionally the same thing.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

You're either 100% with the world view of your chosen side or you are THE ENEMY. That is the way it works now.

Except that means in today's climate the more extreme elements will make EVERRYYYYYYTHIINNNNNNNNNNNG "transphobic." Not sure if you've bothered looking around at all the bullshit lately but literally no matter what you do, the alt-left will call you alt-right or the alt-right will call you alt-left, and they will come in droves. Terms like "micro aggression" laughed around here are TAKEN SERIOUSLY by a lot of real world idiots, in particular in college.

It sucks but people have gotten too sensitive about every single issue, on every single side and act like the motherfucking world is going to explode if they hear something they don't like.

ED: Also perfect avatar with "TRIGGERED" for this post.

HMMMMMM mayhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

That used to be kind of a bullshit thing to say, but honestly things have gone to such ludicrous extremes lately, it's not really untrue anymore. To be honest the fringe left seems to have adapted the tactics of the fringe right just with different ideals. I hate censorship and I hate people who prefer twitter/blog lynch mobs over dialogue and frankly it's why nobody talks to the "other side" anymore.

It's getting way, way too faction-ish and if you can't see that happening I don't know what to tell you.

ED: I really do mean both sides. We've reached peak extremist insanity from all philosophies.

Actually, no. One side has pushed things to such an extreme that they've literally caused Nazism to resurface in a public and widespread way. The people lashing out violently against this are maybe short sighted but they're not "just as bad" .

counterfeitsaint posted:

gently caress off.

Thinking that everything must be one extreme or the other, otherwise it's just a dumb south park meme is the most retarded, self limiting opinion you could possibly have.

lol yes this is the exact thing I was preaching and you aren't just functionally illiterate

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Hey I'm gonna talk about Rick and Morty Jerry instead!

this is actually the first one of these I've watched and it rules

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm sorry, did I not spend enough time pondering the hidden layers of meaning in your flippant eight word meme reference?

You could have at least held off on the logical leap that "both sides aren't just as bad" means I am a fan of extremism on either side lol

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MariusLecter posted:

Ball Fondlers. :c00l:

I could go for some Ball Fondlers...

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

JT Jag posted:

Yeah. There was a teeny little bit of conscience left in him.

It was his love for Jessica, the scene before established that when he made his sale.

Also was that the lady who told Glenn he couldn't eat poo poo in the restaurant?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

Oh jeeze, thanks I skipped the very last bit.

^ True

You mean you didn't listen to the suck on my folds song all the way through?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Eiba posted:

Detox Rick is at best polite. He apologizes for putting his family in danger, as if he had committed some sort of social faux pas, and then is entirely neutral about the idea of doing anything further to stop his alternate self from destroying the world (and incidentally his family). He considers the fate of the world to be an "irrational attachment" too.

I was going to make the same point. Detoxed Rick seems to say the right things in a calm and polite way but that doesn't mean he actually cares about things.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Mulva posted:

Hey, it's cool, if you couldn't defend someone whose greatest day was busting inside a real doll you probably wouldn't be able to look yourself in the mirror every morning, I totally understand.

lol you're so excited you can finally dunk on someone and it's a fictional character specifically designed to be the world's biggest loser

Congrats

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

This is already pretty excellent

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah this is brilliant, i love this

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

TenCentFang posted:

The factory stuff was boring and superfluous, but the rest was decent enough. Not really any laugh out loud moments, though.

I laughed a lot although it was all at self referential stuff. Like the multiple "ah jeez" impressions and cop Morty's sarcasm when the store owner tells them the suspects had on yellow shirts

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

“I’m sure people will say, ‘Oh, you’re trying to profit off their work,’” Brown says. “But to be honest with you, in some ways the profit is not what’s important to us.”

Lol oh well that's reassuring, as long as there's some ways it's not about you profiting off other people's work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Like I'm sure it is both. I'm sure they're dedicated fans and hey, they do theme bars so why not do a theme bar of a thing they like? As long as they have to be making money to pay the rent, why not involve something you're a fan of?

A bunch of the poo poo they say in it is either naive or else they assume the fanbase is equally naive enough to buy it. Like the whole "so much for freedom of speech" thing or the laughable "we were totally going to donate to charity just to keep this going for the fans and our poor employees, scouts honor" statement. Either way, I don't think this is a good strategy for them if they want to get other brands to cooperate.