Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Pretty fun combination of reversal of power dynamics and hi-concept sci-fi rigamarol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Just pure nonsense which was exactly perfect just started with nonsense leaned into the nonsense and then embraced the nonsense I had fun

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I hear he controls the police!

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Kaedric posted:

Something I thought was funny: they dared risk a large chunk of their audience by twice so far throwing in a joke about how half of america is now fascist. Bit of a different feel from previous seasons

Rick constantly waking up in a new clone body in a new fascist dimension was pretty clear

This episode just hit really wrong and I don’t quite get the appeal. It’s just a super simple “capitalism exploits suffering and we ignore it” but taken to an edgy and gross-out extreme that doesn’t add anything new to the concept. It just made me uncomfortable but not in a fun way more in a time to turn off the show way. Hell we’ve already seen it with the Pluto episode and simple rick and other things in the show itself.

The premise was just unpleasant to begin with and then “exploring” it just became a chore. The safety nets are now pasta strainers now…

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

It’s pretty nuts that I don’t notice the voice actors at all. I imagine if I listened to them back to back I might notice a difference but there’s nothing that pulls me out of it they sound exactly like they did before to me.

The universe outside the curve was pretty funny but I wonder about why everyone was portaling to the same place. Surely with infinite portal users comes infinite space for them to all portal to? I imagine maybe it’s some portal nexus location or maybe everyone invents portal travel and tries going to universe 1234567890 first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Son of a bitch Mr. Poopy Butthole straight up Fringe'd himself