Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Just watched the Citadel episode.

Why does a city where half the population are supergeniuses have any manual labor at all? That poo poo should be 200% automated by now. Or at least, have the Mortys do the menial jobs. Seems like a glaring plot hole to have Ricks working jobs where they would go insane from boredom within five minutes, and they've supposedly been working there for years.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Sep 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

ikanreed posted:

Because capitalism degrades what makes individuals special into commodities.

Rick doesn't care if it's a sentient robot or another Rick who passes butter as long as it gets passed.

Sure, that explains why Ricks would put other Ricks in menial jobs, but any Rick forced to do such work would just grab some wires and metal and in 10 minutes he'd automated his whole job and shown the finger to his boss.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Don’t look up where real meatballs come from then

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

The_Doctor posted:

Rick said it was sentient cake.

I think Rick said the show had sentient cakes, but we never got to see if that one was a cake or not

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I liked this one. Plenty of quality gags, pretty light plot, but w/e.

I even appreciated that they made the obvious Pokemon joke that Pokemon battling is basically cock fighting yet more hosed up because you can just throw the POOOOOOPE out there and nobody cares!

Pope would fit right in with the later generations of Pokemon anyway

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
I know it's dumb in a "that would remove half of the conflict of the episode and would be boring" way, but Rick should have used some of the unlimited energy siphoned to have the device hover 10 miles in the air with a force field made of, let me remind you, unlimited energy, to protect it, instead of trying to negotiate with the vikings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

MJeff posted:

I really liked how Rick didn't take Morty's picture with the camera, he took a picture out of his wallet and pinned it up. Just the extra little bit of thought to say that Rick keeps a picture of Morty with him at all times. I really appreciate small touches like that.

sorry to ruin the moment but he's just carrying Morty's picture to do "have you seen this guy anywhere" on the hundreds of adventures where they've become separate from each other