Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Data Graham posted:

Chuck's gonna die before this is all over.
I would think so.

I really hope they have good plans for a payoff with the post-BB Cinnabon stuff. Like have Kim find him there or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Ballz posted:

Sorry you put all that effort into such a forgettable thread.

Can't be all that much effort if he confused bagpipes for an accordion and couldn't be bothered to consistently spell "Hamlin" correctly.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Ballz posted:

Sorry you put all that effort into such a forgettable thread.

Finding pictures of Jessie Ennis is many things but a waste of time isn't one of them.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if this is the season where Jimmy and Chuck trash the gently caress out of that house in a bare-knuckled brawl.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Data Graham posted:

Chuck's gonna die before this is all over.

I have a completely different theory: When Jimmy finally returns to fight the Heisenberg charges in the present time, Chuck will be his "final boss": The guy prosecuting him.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would think so.

I really hope they have good plans for a payoff with the post-BB Cinnabon stuff. Like have Kim find him there or something.

I hope so too. Kim does say she's from a tiny town near the Kansas/Nebraska border, and Jimmy is working in that same general area...

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I only watched the first two seasons of Breaking Bad but I really dig this show, also gently caress chuck

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Walt is going to have a cameo this season, right? Didn't Bryan Cranston visit the BCS crew during filming?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Last I heard they had said that yes, he did visit the cast and no, he won't have a cameo.

Anything is possible though.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
My girlfriend just asked me last night when this show was coming back and lo and behold!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I have a prediction about tonight's episode- it will be both cool and good.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I wonder how many cgi shiners Mike will have this season.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Alienwarehouse posted:

Walt is going to have a cameo this season, right? Didn't Bryan Cranston visit the BCS crew during filming?

Last week, amc ran a "best of gus" block of breaking bad episodes that I watched. They showed a bit of Cranston on set and him talking about the show, but had giant flashing graphics saying he was not going to be in this season of Saul.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Vermain posted:

I imagine it's going to end much as Breaking Bad did: with Slippin' Jimmy admitting that he does what he does because he's good at it. He was a man born to hustle, and when all legitimate avenues get shut in his face, either due to his own incompetence or the mistrust others have in him, he'll naturally end up gravitating towards the one remaining area (criminal lawyering) where he can spin his talents into success.
I think the difference is that Walt was kind of always a shithead, but entering the criminal world only amplified the many negative qualities that were already there.

BCS really plays up the idea that Jimmy, despite his scamming or whatever, has positive traits that someone like Walt never had. I think its still possible for "Gene" to somehow find some kind of redemption.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Just set an alarm for five minutes before showtime tonight, I'm so drat excited. For anyone curious though AV Club has an advance review of the premiere without any major spoilers.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm ready to poo poo on every episode and talk about how the earlier seasons were better in true TVIV tradition.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What time is it on? 10 eastern?

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Everyone pick a side - "Gus ruined the show" on the left side of the thread, "Gus makes the show" side on the right. I'm #TeamRuined

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

What time is it on? 10 eastern?

Yes, 10 PM eastern, although it looks like they're doing a marathon of season 2 in the interim today.

I hope Team #ChuckDidNothingWrong makes a comeback, it's a little too boring when everyone's cheering for Team #FuckChuck.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

RJWaters2 posted:

Everyone pick a side - "Gus ruined the show" on the left side of the thread, "Gus makes the show" side on the right. I'm #TeamRuined

I would normally be wary of a show bringing back a "fan favorite" character like this but they've done such a great job deftly navigating potential pitfalls so far that I really trust the people making this show. I think it will be good in spite of Gus.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I have no ability to offer ideas on what they should or should not do, to be honest. When I first heard the idea of Better Call Saul I thought it'd be cute-but-forgettable, instead it's fantastic. When they introduced Tuco back I was like "ehhh, this seems kinda lame" but then they made his character a lot more interesting. So... gently caress it! Bring in Gus! Bring in Walter! These people seem to know what they're doing.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Can't wait. The one character in BB I really want to make an appearance in BCS is Danny, owner of the lazer base.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I hope Robert Forster's character shows up at some point down the line.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I'd like the carwash guy to be in BCS.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Raxivace posted:

I think the difference is that Walt was kind of always a shithead, but entering the criminal world only amplified the many negative qualities that were already there.

BCS really plays up the idea that Jimmy, despite his scamming or whatever, has positive traits that someone like Walt never had. I think its still possible for "Gene" to somehow find some kind of redemption.

Eh, rewatching season 2 last week I felt a lot less sympathy for Jimmy. It wasn't exactly intentional that he torched Kim's career, but he sure did pour gasoline everywhere he could.

We also know that Jimmy gets to be exactly who he wants for 5 or so years after this show ends, while presumably the lives of Chuck, Kim, and Howard are in shambles. Gene seems more like repayment for the borrowed time he lived on as Saul, idk how I would feel about redemption after that.

UZR IS BULLSHIT fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 10, 2017

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I hope for the junkyard guy to come back.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

RJWaters2 posted:

I mean I wouldn't want to see Walter or Jesse on the show, but BB stated that Gus and Mike have been working for a long time together. It makes reasonable sense to include Gus as a part of Mike's storyline. I don't want him to dominate the show, but I trust the showmakers not to do so. They spent two years teasing his inclusion, I don't think they're going to rush it.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Some overlap is fine but I hope they keep it in check. I really don't want to see cameos by every BB character or have them all be in some way connected to Saul.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

The DON'T note pretty much has to be Gus, then, yea?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Pre-meth Spooge and his lady with their adorable toddler. :3:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I was happy to see Krazy 8 last season. That was cool

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I'm wondering if we're going to see Salamanca have his stroke, and if it's Mike that gives it to him.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Anyone know if Hulu is going to stream day after?

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Stickarts posted:

This show creates more tension with a 24 hour copying store than The Walking Dead does with the zombie apocalypse.

My vote for thread title.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Stickarts posted:

The DON'T note pretty much has to be Gus, then, yea?
Either him or an associate who he got to stalk Mike out to the location. Gus called dibs on killing the cartel members years ago ok, Mike can't just steal his glory.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Did you guys notice the tequila bottle is the same one they used in Breaking Bad?

Just getting that out there now. I'm sure it will come up later.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Will Howard Hamlin finally have enough with the feud of the brothers and cut Chuck out of his partnership with the law firm? Then after this Jimmy will be away and with no one from the law firm helping Chuck he will finally be sent to the crazy house. I'm hoping it happens this season.

I dont mind Gus because the show is almost "Better Call Mike", and I am ok with that.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 11, 2017

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Did you guys notice the tequila bottle is the same one they used in Breaking Bad?

Just getting that out there now. I'm sure it will come up later.

Also did you notice that the actor that plays Jimmy also plays Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad? I wonder if there is some kind of connection.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Also did you notice that the actor that plays Jimmy also plays Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad? I wonder if there is some kind of connection.
Maybe Saul is like his cousin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Rewatched the first season and watched the 2nd season for the first time over the past 3 days. Ready for this poo poo.

• Locked thread