Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

Period or semicolon. The ultimate struggle

Or option three, the em-dash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Regy Rusty posted:

While true, my old job was using XP as recently as 2015

It will never die
Yeah I wanna say some of the computers at my last office job were still running XP at the beginning of 2016 :psyduck:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Ernie is going to get hosed for lying and saying he called Jimmy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Oh, fuckin' Chris Hardwick. I thought they were going to reair it immediately and took a shower about 10 minutes in. :fuckoff:

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Data Graham posted:

She settled on a semicolon followed by a capital :wtc:

The thing following the semicolon was a proper noun; in this case, Mesa Verde, the primary subject of the... thingy she was writing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I hope he murders Ernesto.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I bet Ernesto has no idea what he heard and now Chuck is going insane.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wow, Chuck's gently caress-up and he's going to guilt Ernie into confidentiality.

All while Ernie didn't think anything of Chuck using an electronic device.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Goddammit Chuck. Don't gently caress with Ernesto.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lotus circle posted:

I bet Ernesto has no idea what he heard and now Chuck is going insane.
now?

Chuck's been insane since the show started

Malachy
Dec 20, 2013
man if ernesto actually knows anything he know chuck is full of poo poo there

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I assume he wanted Ernesto to hear that?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh god I had completely forgotten what ancient GPS UI used to look like until just now

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lmao this is loving genius

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I love how they always manage to put cameras deep inside objects on this show

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Troy Queef posted:

I too have agonized about punctuation.

Well back in 2002 that could get you banned.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I love how they always manage to put cameras deep inside objects on this show

You can put cameras deep inside anything now including sex toys.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think in Mike's position I probably could've thought of most of this scheme...

But I'd never have come up with the idea of draining the battery while still giving out a signal so that it doesn't abruptly end and give it away.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Next week we get introduced to Gus :stare:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

well if it isn't our favorite fast food manager

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
I guess Mike lucked out that they took the transmitter away instead of just swapping in a fresh battery.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

CaptainCaveman posted:

I guess Mike lucked out that they took the transmitter away instead of just swapping in a fresh battery.

It makes more sense to have an entire cap ready so the switch is done quickly and you don't draw attention to yourself.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
This drat show lol. So little plot advancement happens in each episode yet I'm tense as gently caress and hooked the entire time.

Regy Rusty posted:

I think in Mike's position I probably could've thought of most of this scheme...

But I'd never have come up with the idea of draining the battery while still giving out a signal so that it doesn't abruptly end and give it away.
Ah, so that's what he was doing!

CaptainCaveman posted:

If they saw the battery suddenly drain quickly, they might have assumed the unit itself was defective.

SweetMercifulCrap! fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 11, 2017

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

CaptainCaveman posted:

alot fast to just swap them out with that said I am so glad this show is back

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

jonathan banks looks as excited as anyone would be five feet from chris hardwick

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Assuming we're still getting an Insider Podcast tomorrow for this episode, that'll provide 1,000% more behind-the-scenes info than Talking Saul ever would.

e: Wait, he literally has a show called Talking With Chris Hardwick now? Ahahahahaha, were the Nerdist podcast and all these aftershows not enough?!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

R. Guyovich posted:

jonathan banks looks as excited as anyone would be five feet from chris hardwick
He's right next to Rhea Seahorn though.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I love Chuck's little fistpump move after he cons Ernie because it shows he really is just as guilty of everything he hates about his brother.

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost
Could anyone make out what was said on the tape? All I heard was "Twelve sixteen" and something else? I'm not putting together the context at the moment, any help is mucho appreciated.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Mike buying a gps for $1000+ in the middle of the night at an abandoned rail station like he's buying the loving iranian nuclear codes dude just go to bestbuy

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

MarksMan posted:

Could anyone make out what was said on the tape? All I heard was "Twelve sixteen" and something else? I'm not putting together the context at the moment, any help is mucho appreciated.

It's the tape from the end of last season -- Jimmy confessing to deliberately changing the addresses in the Mesa Verde documents to gently caress up Chuck.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
This whole hunting thing between Mike and the Cartel is some wonderful Looney Tunes love letter of Gilligan's I wager. It's perfect and is everything I wanted from a show centered around The Adventures of Mike Ehrmantraut.

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

It's the tape from the end of last season -- Jimmy confessing to deliberately changing the addresses in the Mesa Verde documents to gently caress up Chuck.

Ah, ok I see; I thought that is what is most likely would be, but just wasn't sure. Thanks

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Philadelphia? Go Eagles.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

This was incredibly underwhelming for a season premiere.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

TOOT BOOT posted:

This was incredibly underwhelming for a season premiere.

slow burn

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Loved it, the parallel Jimmy and Mike stuff is so different and yet both always manage to up the tension in such different ways.

I'm so glad this show is back :)

Raxivace posted:

I have a prediction about tonight's episode- it will be both cool and good.

How did you know!?! :aaa:

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I love Chuck's little fistpump move after he cons Ernie because it shows he really is just as guilty of everything he hates about his brother.

Yeah that's the best, he's pulling all the same little bullshit moves/fenagling people/conning them to get his way even though he knows it's outside the law. The one thing he could always dangle over Jimmy's head was his unassailable integrity and he's losing that now.

I also was kinda hoping that Howard would say (or at least think),"Jesus Chuck it sounds like your brother is humoring you to prevent you wrecking your life."

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

lotus circle posted:

A lot of Breaking Bad was like that too.

The few times there wasn't much happening in Breaking Bad were like the small gaps between the excitement to give the audience a chance to breathe. Like Fly being between Hank's shootout with the twins and the crazy roller coaster that was to come in the final episodes of Season 3. It was almost always the case that when you were watching an episode and you were starting to get the feeling that things were slowing down, something explosive would happen. Everything was going well for Walt and Jesse in Season 2, then Skinny Pete would get robbed, leading immediately to Walt giving Jesse a gun to get the money back. Badger gets caught, immediately leading to Saul. Combo gets shot, immediately leading to Jesse being on heroin, in the same episode where Gus is introduced. There was always something.

Better Call Saul is always so uneventful. I was hoping it would be different this year. Still hoping. I mean things have to happen at some point.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
So, so much has happened on this show. It's just that it's mostly character work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
So glad I decided to catch up on this and that it's back. Mike is scary loving patient and cunning. I didn't even fully realize what he was doing until he pulled out the tracker at the end, and slowly wearing out the battery instead of just yanking it was genius.

I honestly didn't realize the level of Chuck-hate until I read this thread since I only just recently binged the show, and while I totally understand, holy gently caress does Michael McKean act the poo poo out of it. I've never seen him in anything as serious as this and he is great.

Alan Sepinwall posted an entertaining interview with Rhea Seehorn who plays Kim: http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/better-call-saul-rhea-seehorn-kim-wexler-interview/

drunken officeparty posted:

Mike buying a gps for $1000+ in the middle of the night at an abandoned rail station like he's buying the loving iranian nuclear codes dude just go to bestbuy

Um. First off, it's an RF transmitter, not a GPS unit. Secondly, it seems to be a specialized unit and not something that would be sold retail which is why he needed the model/serial number. Thirdly, he needed the same exact model to find out how it and its tracking unit functioned and to fool whoever is tracking him. Fourth, you're probably just trolling and I fell for it, but it's ok because maybe someone reading this legitimately was wondering.

• Locked thread