Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Tree Dude posted:

Every episode of the Insider Pod ending with Kelley Dixon egging whatever guest they have on to say "Better call saul!" as Saul would say it is always very cringey and annoying. Especially when everyone cheers afterward. It would be slightly less bad if they had them do it as their own characters.

It's nowhere near as bad as her saying "let's break bad!" at the end of every Breaking Bad Insider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I've been slowly going through Breaking Bad again as background noise while working and also listening to the Insider podcasts for the first time. Kelly Dixon has taught me that even if you're as deeply involved with the making of a show as she is as an editor, you can still misunderstand or miss an obvious point in a scene as badly as shmucks on the internet.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I hate the loving word "protagonist". it's like everyone learned what it meant because of the Hunger Games reviewsand now people won't stop using it whenever it is slightly usable.

Just want to quote this again

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
So Walt Jnr was the protagonist of that scene?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Gus was absolutely the worst part of this season beyond his comeback/reveal scene. Mike was fun up until he caught up with Gus and I'm glad they kept the former to just about one scene per episode and phased the latter out almost entirely.

You may as well just have Mike tapping his foot, waiting for a sociopath chemistry teacher if he appears in season 4.

Beyond Jimmy, the original characters with little to no direct connection to Breaking Bad are the best thing about this show. It's a shame to see Chuck go and I'm worried that they'll double down on Gus now that they've lost their old antagonist.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Are standard viewing figures that accurate of a meter here? The show's going out internationally in many places on the same day as the domestic market. I'm assuming AMC get their fair share from Netflix or whoever handles places outside of the UK.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

I'd say that clip is backing up their point. It's a "why not?"

Saul is operating at different stakes to Jimmy and within the context of dealing with drug dealers it makes sense for him to suggest that. It's not like he's going to be the one to actually carry it out. Not that that makes it ok.

Edit: also Jessie and Walt are probably showing a confusing level of empathy towards their underlings potentially talking to the DEA to what he's used to.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jun 25, 2017

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

It does make more sense for Jimmy too since he literally takes on a persona for the camera and for his clients. Walt just coined the name and persona to convince himself that he was more badass than he really was.

What annoys me more is when people talk about Walt/Heisenberg like a Jekyll and Hyde thing. "Oh when he said this he was Walt, but later when he said this he was Heisenberg."

While I agree that he was using it as a mask for his own comfort, when Heisenberg was first used was when Tuco asked him his name. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have used my real name either.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Alan_Shore posted:

Every time Mike is on screen I'm loving it. I was enthralled watching him take a car apart. I feel sorry for people who don't enjoy Mike.

I don't think anyone is complaining about Mike's first half of the season. His story completely drops off around the midpoint though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

InfiniteZero posted:

The Emmy Nomination committee gave him merely a two word review: it just said "poo poo sandwich".

That's just nit-picking.

• Locked thread