Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I don't want his head on a stake or anything but I do know that when Chuck finally gets some sort of comeuppance it's going to be an extremely satisfying moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

nerox posted:

I couldn't hear it real well when I watched last night, but what did Ernesto hear on the recorder? Was it just Jimmy and Chuck's conversation?

It was just a clip from the conversation. I think it was at the part where Jimmy talks about switching the numbers.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

some guy on the bus posted:

Technically Kim figuring out where to put a semicolon is something happening I guess.

It's a creative way to showcase her meticulousness combined with her current stress.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I wanna know how they filmed the time lapse in the Cinnabon and I hope the answer is as simple as I think and it was just "Let's make Bob Odenkirk do a shift at a Cinnabon"

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Emotions were running high for Jimmy so I understand why he didn't consider it. But man if only he leveraged the legendary private eye he knows that he has a favor in the bank for to get that tape.

Speaking of which, has Mike slept in like, 3 days?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Hey, someone give me a refresher, it's been too long since S2.

Why does Mike hate and want to kill Hector again? That was put on the backburner because of the Gus stuff but I forget why he was in the desert with the rifle in the first place.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Last Chance posted:

The cousins threatened him and his granddaughter after Mike set up Tuco in order to get him sent to prison to protect his and Nacho's rear end IIRC

Riiiight. His daughter-in-law and granddaughter haven't shown up yet this season so I haven't quite remembered and pieced it all back together.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Instead of stuff like "okay when is he gonna change his name to Saul" I'm looking forward to smaller milestones like "when is he gonna get that awful inflatable statue of liberty"

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Kim gets sent to a nice farm where she can practice law as long as she wants.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
It just seems to me like a place like Albuquerque probably has 3 dozen really great and cheap local mexican/southern breakfast places for every one lovely chicken restaurant so Pollos must be really good.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Cojawfee posted:

Aaron Paul is way too old to show up. It would be like when that 40 year old teenager shows up in Fast 7.

Oh you mean the best part of that film

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
What if Jimmy goes to jail and meets Kuby and/or Huell

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Everybody's been saying ratings are "way down" but I haven't heard any numbers, or anything official? Where are people getting their doomsaying from.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Sinteres posted:

The premiere had fewer viewers than any episode from a previous season, and the most recent episode had only 76% the viewers of any episode before the premiere.

If I'm right in assuming the y-axis is millions of viewers then these numbers aren't too far off Breaking Bad's, explosive growth in season 5B aside. Even season 5A never cracked above 3 million, and in season 4 no episode aside from the premiere hit above 2 million.

Maybe times are different now and AMC is expecting bigger numbers (if anything, they should probably be expecting the internet to cut into their numbers a lot more) but this seems to be pretty par for the course except for The Zombie Show.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I don't think there's many predictions we can make about how long the show's gonna last when we're only getting a tiny taste of the stuff they're setting up for this season. I think by the end of this season we'll have a better idea about the larger direction of the show, especially since we're starting to see more and more familiar faces.

It might take 8 more episodes until Jimmy calls Francesca "sugar-tits" or it might be 2 more seasons.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I do like the story on the most recent podcast about how the editor took some liberties with Gus' reveal and Vince was initially frustrated but came around once he realized that the version he had in his head was actually worse.

I feel like most of the success of Vince's shows comes from just being a showrunner who's willing to listen to their crew, it's deceptive how simple it is. Didn't he want to kill Walt Jr. in season 1 before everyone talked him down from it?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
There was never a chick-fil-a near me growing up and I never saw commercials or anything so I said "chick fill uh" until I was like 20.

There are probably people who live in breaking bad's world that say "pollos" really wrong.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

MiddleOne posted:

That was a lie.

You can even see like, toys or small chairs or something around when Walt goes into Gus' house. The man knows how to cultivate an image.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Kim's been looking for a paralegal right? I hope Ernie's qualified enough.

Also, if that Mike scene all took place south of the border, how'd he get there with a gun and some drugs? Unless the clinic he visited was too, but then he already had the gun in his trunk.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
And it's not like there needs to be any visible residue left by the time they get to the border. Those dogs are a lot better than people are.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
It's probably been mentioned already but I do like how the episode starts with Chuck making up a lie about some bozos mixing up some address numbers.

e: Yep it was mentioned on the last page, oh well.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I'm not saying it can't be done and I'm also completely willing to suspend my disbelief that Huell is just really good at what he does. But I am curious about the mechanics of putting something in someone's breast pocket that quickly and smoothly without them noticing.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
It's like 5 minutes combined out of the podcast and it's actually really nice that the more public-facing creators take time out to highlight the work of people behind the scenes and I never understood why people are so bent out of shape about it every week.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Chuck gets mad when anyone likes Jimmy.

I want another episode to open with Chuck mad because Jimmy was liked by his own drat mother.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
The insider podcast is good but whenever Vince gets on a soapbox about "instant gratification nowadays" I wanna sock him in the gut.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I'm gonna need a gif or clip or something of the scramble of the film kids trying to all get in the car.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
https://gfycat.com/InferiorSpryIndigowingedparrot

Don't worry I took care of it.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Everyone's favorite snarky cameraman was in the new Twin Peaks.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I don't know what'll happen in the finale but I hope Bob Odenkirk is in it.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I don't want Kim to die because that's less episodes for Rhea Seehorn to win an award for.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Negrostrike posted:

Jimmy's gonna die.

Nah. Not a lot of people know that the character "Jimmy McGill" is actually the character Saul Goodman, from Breaking Bad! Vince really loves putting those little easter eggs in for the fans!

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Hi I'm here to say that Dave Porter fuckin owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I won't say I'm very knowledgeable in how much money a big firm makes but it caught me off guard that one of the biggest firms in the state with as many employees as it does has less than 9 mil in the bank. I mean, that's a lot of money but I assumed giant law firms were always rolling in it.

Not like it matters much anyway, but y'know.

• Locked thread