Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Help Im Alive posted:

Did the police know Saul was involved with Walt? Would he be a big enough deal for his picture be all over the news like 'hey this guy was that meth kingpin's lawyer/accomplice'

Man it's been too long since I saw BB, I've forgotten a ton of stuff

The Aryans had Jesse's taped confession, which likely detailed every illegal activity Saul was engaged in. The cops who found Walt's body would probably also find that tape when they went through the clubhouse. They also had Huell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It'd be neat if the feds found Gene/Saul out and word gets to HHM, and Howard and team end of being his defense.

I mean, I don't think they do criminal law, so that's extremely unlikely, but it'd be neat to see.

You mean HHW: Hamlin, Hamlin & Wexler :getin:

Venuz Patrol posted:

surprise bcs twist: the cinnabon scenes are after saul's escape but before walt's blaze of glory several months later

It's entirely possible. When Saul bugged out, it was more out of panic than necessity. He wasn't aware of Jesse's tape, just Walt's bullshit and Huell's disappearance.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

some guy on the bus posted:

The Cinnabon shop didn't look that rough.

No, but dealing directly with cops and giving law advice when you're on the lam for being Walter Escobar's lawyer is.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

drunken officeparty posted:

If they do any post or during BB stuff, I want them to explain more about Madrigal. There are literally a thousand questions and like 3 answers about what in tarnation is going on around that.

"Oh by the way Gus doesn't actually own Pollos it's this billion dollar german conglomerate and are also possibly the illuminati of meth and a guy kills himself now back to cancer dad"

They may have owned Pollos, but IIRC Madrigal functioned primarily as their methylamine supplier and their overseas distributor. It also wasn't the entire company, just that one german exec, Lydia, and her guys in Houston.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Raxivace posted:

They were mostly about creative differences. The biggest example to me is Mike's death scene. Cranston absolutely hated the line where Walt said he realized he could have just gotten the list of names from Lydia and thought he should have just looked at Mike with a horrified look or something. The guy who wrote and directed the episode was like "Uh no, say the line", and they spent their limited time to film that scene fighting about it to the point it started to piss off Jonathan Banks, whose final scene it was in the series. They eventually compromised on the delivery of the line that Cranston ultimately gives, but he still says that the line doesn't work as is and spends like a paragraph about how his wife didn't buy the line either.

Walt being horrified at killing Mike makes no sense. They were never close or even had a mural respect, and they'd just spent the last few episodes fighting over literally every decision in the business. At that point Walt was also well beyond remorse, so it makes total sense for him to immediately think of the business mistake first (not going to Lydia first) instead of the personal mistake (probably shouldn't have killed a man).

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

FlamingLiberal posted:

The way this is headed with Lydia appearing and Gus working on the laundry facility I'm sure by the end of the season Gale will appear

Maybe also that other guy (who's name I can't remember) who did jobs for Saul along with Huell?

Kuby

We may see Gale, but we won't see them setting up the superlab just yet. This episode established that we're still in 2001. Gale is still getting equipment ready when Walt first approaches Gus in ~2010. By 2001, Gale has already graduated from UNM under the scholarship Gus set up, so he's likely met him already.

Good to see Tyrus again (technically we saw him in the season premiere, in the background and out of focus when Gus met Mike), but there had to be a better way to hide that gut than a lovely Big & Tall henley.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Cojawfee posted:

What says this is in 2001? The breaking bad wiki says last season was 2002.

It could be, I'm just inferring 2001 since the whiskey was a '66 and Hamlin says it's 35 years old. Either way, well before BB or the superlab.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

It's a humane way to go.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
McKean is really outstanding on this show. His whole scene with the doctor really makes you forget all the terrible things Chuck has done. "If it's all in my head...then what have I done?" was heartbreaking. I'm honestly rooting for Chuck to make a comeback, even though I know it's probably not where the show is heading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Platystemon posted:

Jesse was the reason Walt moved to the dark side.

No, Walt's hubris was the reason. Jesse was the means, not the cause.

• Locked thread