Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

drat it

I went back and forth over "hero" a few times but eventually decided it was more important to get my post shat out so I could go get dinner than to toss my chips onto the word with potentially more glibness and endure questions and mockery

:doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Naw man it was Plinkett donchaknow

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean there aren't many one-hour chunks of TV that I'd put above Episode 1 of BB.

And nothing that follows from it shows any sign of the story flagging. It starts in a cloud of dust and just keeps sprinting.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This whole thing just gets so messy when you're talking about a show whose whole purpose and design is to play around with the concepts of anti-hero and anti-villain and multiple POV characters and so on.

How about "the guy you root for"? Is there no unambiguous term for that?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jesus, what must it have taken to recreate that Blockbuster set

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

lotus circle posted:

Yeah seriously is he going to just give up on life and die?

He sure looks like it in that last shot in bed :gonk:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So uh

Did Jimmy plant something in the electrical meter to deliberately drive Chuck insane?

Is that how he responded to Chuck's final barb, and what underlies his fall even as we see him "doing the right thing" elsewhere?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I can't tell if you're serious or if you're trolling. I'm just going to go and say it; no. Very much no. I know Vince and Peter enjoy their misdirection, but something would have had to have been shown beforehand, or after, "Lily of the Valley" style.

And let's not forget the more important part, which is none of that would make one bit of sense if you're actually following the story whatsoever.

Are you watching this show?

I have dumb ideas about shows right when I wake up, it's a thing with me I guess :shrug:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The lack of fallout in terms of Kim's clients really surprised me, actually. I was sure losing the oil guy would end up being a huge deal, but turns out he ain't even mad. Sending her steaks and all, and meeting can be rescheduled, and Kim can pass him off to another lawyer, no problem. Really faked out there.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FreeKillB posted:

I heard 'no te mueros' (aka Don't die), but the word after was unclear to me. Cabrón is plausible.

I heard "caballero".

He's being very respectful of an honorable rival.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He unplugged his phone tho

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Well, two things:

"Monty Python" was a serviceable shorthand for The Holy Grail for casuals throughout my high school and college experience

And the practice of :regd08:'ing Python through overquoting and ceaseless references is something that predates the internet

Which I agree is a shame, blame me if you like; I do

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nude posted:

I too am to blame, along with my friends no regrets :v:.

Surely society is to blame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Always nice to see Bob Odenkirk and David Cross show up together in all-but-uncredited bit roles in movies like Cable Guy

• Locked thread