Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Kim is everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

timp posted:

noice

I haven't rewatched BB since it ended and I honestly can't remember how I felt at the time. Obviously Walt is poo poo and I loved to hate him, but I'm pretty sure I was usually wondering "how's he going to get himself out of this one?" and maybe even sort of pulling for him a little...
Walt is human garbage but even in 5a when he's at his worst what kind of monster doesn't cheer when he makes a watch laser?

Also what exactly was that hearing and remorse statement for, exactly? I get that Jimmy pleading not guilty to the B&E charges was because he wanted to get it down to a misdemeanor, but I thought the "Make an apology and no crime for a year" deal was dependent on Jimmy confessing to a felony. I am dumb and must have misheard a line.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

hailthefish posted:

He confessed to the felony, they're going to fight Chuck in the disciplinary hearing before the Bar Association instead of trying to fight the felony. Presumably by going all Reversal of Fortune and demonstrating that Chuck tried to set Jimmy up and is also a crazy rear end in a top hat.
So there's gonna be a disciplinary hearing, not a trial? Explain this to me as if I was a child.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Argus Zant posted:

speaking as someone with zero first-hand experience in legal matters, here goes

1) Jimmy has agreed to sign a form that says "I totally did the thing I'm accused of, but I'm very sorry about it"

2) In exchange for signing the form, Jimmy will not have to go through a trial in a court of law, and will not have to go to jail

3) However, Jimmy now needs to straighten up and fly right in the eyes of the law, or else he'll be tossed in jail as though he was found guilty of those crimes by a jury

4) Because Jimmy has now confessed to committing a crime, he faces potential disbarment pending a hearing before the New Mexico Bar Association

5) Kim & Jimmy's strategy for the hearing likely revolves around painting Chuck as a petty, mentally unstable gently caress who set out to ruin Jimmy's life for personal reasons, and who therefore should not be taken seriously

Ah, okay. Hell yeah, gimme next week already. I wanna see the Disciplinary Hearing of the Century.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Slippin' Jimmy is gonna pull the old switcheroo so when Chuck plays the tape at the hearing it's the tape with the American Bandstand theme song
"Ohhhh yeahhhh...THAT'S THE WAY!"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Oh also lol at me and everyone else who thought Chuck would just give up on having the document tampering being entered into a court of law.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

I remember when the Breaking Bad thread would literally try to call out and shame people for liking a TV show character.:lol:

People who like Todd should be shunned.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Karmine posted:

Ozymandias is better than Crawl Space.
Yes, also Fifty One is better than Ozymandias.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"Nailed" is the best episode of Better Call Saul so far, but I have a good feeling that tonight will top it.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Steve2911 posted:

Wait, what was the secret behind BCS season 2's titles?
The first letter of each one was an anagram for "EDIT gently caress BEATEN"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The lantern will not set anything on fire, but simply be the sole source of light in an important scene.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ein cooler Typ posted:

a lantern will cause a plane crash
A lantern falls on a laser pointer that blinds a pilot.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Wow.

loving wow.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ein cooler Typ posted:

It's pretty lucky that the power company shut off Chuck's power the same day he started getting electricity sensitivity
...you're a dull boy, typ.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This scumsucking motherfucker is going down tonight.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

please be Huell.

oh my loving god there's no way it isn't.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
OH MY GODDDDDDD

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Brightman posted:

As sweet as watching this build-up is I still don't see how it'll help Jimmy not get disbarred given how dismissive they've been about discussing Chuck's condition.

"My "medical condition" is actually a mental illness and I'm incapable of accepting that and my brother is retroactively shown to have been willing to go to absurd lengths to make me feel like I'm in full control of my faculties which almost definitely includes a supposed confession" is what we call "not good."

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I can't get over him putting the battery in the phone to prove that it was charged. We were all dumb idiots who thought this show would just have a phone be in Chuck's pocket.
It's so loving good.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It's insane, this guy's chicaint.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Stato-Masochist posted:

It's interesting that, in order to show Chuck's mentally unstable, Jimmy also demonstrates that he's totally capable of the Mesa Verde 'chicanery' with that battery scheme.
I think you'll find that that was no mere chicanery, but rather theater. :smug:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

drunken officeparty posted:

They should have played next weeks right after or something because right now it feels like I've been jerked off without a finish
Man I don't know what more of a moneyshot you could want then Chuck ranting and raving about childhood grievances and poo poo nobody knows about with no context as the camera frames him like General Ripper before we get reaction shots from literally everyone he cares about and then a slow zoom out making him look like the world's tiniest man, powerless before an exit sign.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ak Gara posted:

Here's a tip, if you're ever trying to prove you're not crazy, try to not shout out "I'M NOT CRAZY!". It might sound backwards I know but trust me it never helps.

*taking notes voice* Shout... I am... crazy. Got it.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I wonder if he'll try to capitalise on this next week, the mother of all breakdowns to get Jimmy where he wants him.
He already did that, that's how he made the tape.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

LOL if you don't trust Gilligan to figure out how a character can sink deeeeeeper.

Nah I'm saying that Chuck can't do anything to make his brother concerned for him anymore. The familial bond is destroyed.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

vermin posted:

A lot happened even though arguably there was only one location (flashback doesn't count). What should've been a bottle episode ended up feeling like it was non-stop stuff happening.

Even though it didn't really help them in the end, Kim shooting down the nepotism claim was my favorite part of the episode. Hamlin just wants to go home and sleep it off.

He'll have to tell Chuck they're done professionally and Chuck will end up inside a mental institution from which Jimmy can't rescue him.
"Bottle episode" refers to an episode shot with as few non-regular actors and new sets as possible. Considering the "bottle" of this episode was a new set, I'm not sure it qualifies. This was definitely the most singularly focused episode of Better Call Saul yet, though.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Kuiperdolin posted:

Lol Chuck got Queeged.

But how is Huell not in trouble? "Uh yeah I pickpocketed someone but it was to prove a point." How is it supposed to fly?
It's not pickpocketing if you're putting something into someone's pocket.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Philip Rivers posted:

Jeez this last episode was good, just wow. The most incredible self own in recent television history.
"Killed them all of course."

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"We really blew our candle budget for the year." -Vince Gilligan

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

It was a good episode because we finally got a definite answer to the Chicago sunroof thing.

There was a whole monologue about it in the season 1 finale.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I can't believe they didn't call this episode "Thrilla in McGilla"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

maskenfreiheit posted:

did they ever even establish lydia is hetero?

on a recent binge i got a bit of a high strung lesbian vibe, and it would be hilarious if she was completely unobtainable to todd the entire time
I mean, she was, because she had loving standards.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Ah yes the dead-eyed neo-nazi with the social development of a middle schooler is absolutely someone I would have sex with if only I were not a lesbian.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I hope the next episode starts with us seeing Jimmy's reaction to Chuck's rant, because I really, really want to know what his face looked like when Chuck accused him of stealing their parents blind. I've always imagined that Jimmy did not take even half of that $14,000, and that Jimmy knew something about their dad and money that Chuck didn't, beyond that their dad was an easy mark.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The only other spinoff I wanna see is a half-hour comedy with Lawson and the twerp who sold vests to the Cousins being housemates.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I miss how last season's podcasts they'd have Bob Odenkirk or Rhea Seehorn on.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"Yeah...

no"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Herv posted:

he just lost kim

lol Kim signed on to this entire thing knowing that Jimmy actually did switch the numbers, she's with this man for the long haul.

Seriously I read Kim's look more as "drat Jimmy, ice cold. I mean, you're doing the smart thing here, but still, like one minute ago we were about to gently caress right here."

• Locked thread