Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
*Ahem* We already have a thread about this show and the only character that matters.

I'm finishing up an S2 rewatch. It is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Watching Chuck's paranoia grow in "real time" during a binge watch vs week-to-week was insane.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

notthegoatseguy posted:

I kind of wonder if Chuck is actually going to be ultimately successful in destroying Jimmy's career, or if it'll be someone else. I know that really we don't see much of Saul's private life in Breaking Bad, but I think it'd be hard to reconcile Saul Goodman, Criminal Lawyer with the people that surround Jimmy.

His career is going gangbusters and will continue to be awesome. Chuck's tape is going to get laughed out of court.

However, it will torpedo his relationship with Kim. Jimmy going from a colorful lawyer to a criminal lawyer will bring him huge amounts of success. It will also bring Kim a lot of success, but Kim will ultimately reject it since she wants to succeed on her own terms. Jimmy succeeding and Kim failing will end their relationship.

Kim will ask to never be associated with him, so the "McGill -- Wexler" will get canned and since he's successful with increasing recognition in the criminal underground so he'll just own the "Saul Goodman". Possibly also relating to some level of reconciliation with his brother.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Ballz posted:

Sorry you put all that effort into such a forgettable thread.

Finding pictures of Jessie Ennis is many things but a waste of time isn't one of them.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Why did Mike speak in Chuck's voice when he asked about the gas cap?

Shbobdb fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 14, 2017

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I hate Kim. She stole Jimmy's clients and is just generally a road block to Jimmy being Jimmy. Kim is a . . .

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Spellman posted:

Fly is good, but the show would suck if every episode was like that

What if the eighth episode was like that? Would it suck then?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Caros posted:

Not especially, to be honest.

In a theoretical trial, Chuck's mental illness is going to come up and it is so blatantly psychosomatic (and could be proven as such by experts) that Jimmy will be able to make a very, very convincing case that he made the whole thing up in an attempt to unfuck a mentally disturbed individual. Sadly most people hear 'mental illness' and think full blown lunatic so Chuck's credibility is out the window. While Jimmy could be in trouble for B&E, lets be honest. He is a white lawyer, the victim was his estranged family. He'd see a suspended sentence with community service if Chuck is lucky.

Frankly his behavior actually helps him in some ways. If he'd snuck in to steal it, he'd be hosed. But this was a man pissed off that his brother conned him, and used an electrical device in the process. People would be more sympathetic to Jimmy than to chuck.

Petty with a prior.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Javid posted:

Not a lawyer, just spitballing:

"Destruction of Evidence" is only a crime if something is actually Evidence, ie there's a legal proceeding in progress that it's relevant to. Without a suit or charges filed, he may have destroyed evidence but he didn't Destroy Evidence.

Strictly speaking, in the course of that scene, he could be guilty of breaking & entering, menacing, destruction of property, etc.. But with the small amounts of value involved and it being product of a family feud instigated by a person with serious documented mental issues, it's not likely to get any traction, especially if he were to offer to pay for repairs to the door and desk plus some amount. Chuck could sue civilly for the damage, with the same results.

If that was the actual tape and he successfully destroyed it (which he didn't on screen, but maybe ~tv rules~ mean broken tape = unrecoverable) who's heard it who can testify to what it contained? At that point it's the word of a mentally unstable guy, a business partner who said unstable guy has enormous leverage over (both of whom profit significantly based on the tape being what they say it is), and a random PI they're paying, vs. the crazy guy's brother who cared for him for 18 months until a recent falling-out based on said mentally ill brother actively loving him out of a legitimate career.

If the real tape is safe elsewhere, it can be attacked and excluded for the reasons discussed on the show, and the same results follow.

All Jimmy has to do is call Hamlin up as a witness and get Chuck's scheming on record - Hamlin doesn't seem like the kind of dude who's going to straight up lie under oath. No matter how justified Chuck tries to make it, he blocked his own brother from a job at his own firm, and forced his business partner to take the heat instead of him.

He can also call up the doctor at the hospital and get "EMF sensitivity doesn't exist and is a mental condition" in front of the jury, along with the temporary custody order they got, and any credibility Chuck has goes *frrrrrrt*

End result: No legal consequences against Jimmy or Kim. I doubt they can fire Ernesto for doing what they actively manipulated him into doing, either.

BUT

that shitshow of a trial is a ton of negative publicity for both of them. Mesa Verde might drop Kim over it if it's made public but HHM isn't getting them back. They're gonna get the gently caress away from the drama if anything. We already know Chuck is totally okay with hurting Jimmy by hurting Kim, so that's still a win. And maybe it's what pushes him to start practicing under another name.

However, the first five minutes of the next episode might blow all that out the window, and that's not a bad thing!

Petty with a prior.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Cojawfee posted:

My mom randomly brings up that she doesn't understand chicken and waffles. I don't know why, no one ever talks about it. But several times over the past few months she just says she doesn't understand chicken and waffles.

Whenever you hang out with your mom make sure there is some jazz playing in the background. Tell your mother you don't want to be a hazzan like your father.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
The "secret menu item" is Christmas except it's not a secret at all. But it makes the locals feel special.

Edit: also, there is a Pablo Escobar quote on the underside of the small soda.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pretty sure it's "Franch" dipping sauce.

It's a beloved regional chain that started in Irvine Albuquerque.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I hope they test the waters of what is acceptable and give us a "European late night" scene featuring Bob and Tina. For those that care, we know it is "canonical" because of BB.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
One of the many reasons I am sad Trump won is that the "Better cuck Chuck" plot line had to be dropped. :blobfish:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Leaving Gene's life grey and empty would be bold and awesome.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Big Mean Jerk posted:

My head-canon is that Los Pollos Hermanos is basically Pollo Campero. Spicy fried chicken with a bunch of region-specific authentic dishes.

I figured it was "what if in-and-out was a vaguely Hispanic fried chicken place"

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Why would Saul tell any of his clients he had a woman he loved?

His clients keep catching him banging sugartits and prostitutes. While that doesn't entirely rule Kim out of his BB life it strongly suggests she isn't in the picture.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

drunken officeparty posted:

They sit in the front of a publicly open resteraunt. What if someone or a cop or something comes in for a burrito.

"Don't mind me and my big ol bag of money"

Cops are cowards. It's not like they are going to pick a fight with someone they know can fight back as opposed to random PoCs on the street or (when they are feeling particularly virtuous) low level drug dealers.

Why would they pick a fight with someone who can actually fight back? If they wanted to do something like that, they wouldn't be cops.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Cnut the Great posted:

Dude it's not like I disagree with the political point you're making about police abuses in this country but no, it's actually not really plausible that the cops wouldn't bust some dudes doing obvious drug deals out in the open in the front of a restaurant. The reason it's done this way in the show is because it makes for a better setpiece and you're supposed to suspend your disbelief.

Javid said what I was going to.

When I was a kid we all knew where the shops in the game were. I find it somewhere between hard to impossible to believe that cops wouldn't know where they are either.

Cops are cowards and aren't going to gently caress up poo poo like that when they can just kill some black kid on the street. Kids don't shoot back.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Kuiperdolin posted:

Mike's a coward and he was a cop so...

This is true. Mike's son's story puts a whole new spin on the old saying, "The only good cop is a dead cop." Instead of cops simply being unable to be good (and thus, only good when they are dead) normal cops actively kill the one good cop they encounter.

It's got a great magical realism to it.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I still think that if Walt kept his head down after the box cutter, not put Hank back on the trail, and kept Jesse loyal to him by not being a horrible rear end in a top hat, he would have been fine.

Gus wanted Walt dead. As soon as Gale could make his supermeth, Walt was going to die. He's way too much of a loose cannon for Gus's operation.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Jesse can be controlled though. He's got issues with substance use but he was cleaning himself up on that front. Low initiative and loyal is a great combo for a low level person in pretty much any operation, legal or illegal. Walt's hubris, on the other hand, was going to make working with him impossible at some point, probably sooner rather than later. Walt is dangerous whereas Jesse just isn't.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Aliquid posted:

The lack of nitrates would certainly tip them off, especially if he goes to a cartel-affiliated doctor and they test the leftover pills. Hector will probably know something is wrong when the pills don't take immediate effect.

I forgot that Tuco's still in prison, does that mean Nacho is the only one in daily contact with Hector?

Person with a heart problem dying of a heart problem doesn't really move the needle.

What's suspenseful is that we know he survives.

Your nitrates not working is going to move the needle.

You don't need fancy tests for that.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Aliquid posted:

I have medicine, I die, medicine is in my posession, medicine is not in my system

That assumes an autopsy. Life isn't CSI. When dude with a heart problem dies because of a heart problem, you don't need to do a medical screen. You know what happens.

I'm sorry everyone you've ever known who has died has required a full clinical autopsy to determine the cause of death. You must have led a very tragic life. Most people's lives don't work that way.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Aliquid posted:

The hell

That seems to be how you understand death.

I'm sorry man.

That poo poo isn't pretty. The mortician did a good job at my buddy's funeral but everybody could tell that something had happened. That's the only autopsy funeral I've been to and it was deeply weird. Mostly because of the whole situation. But the autopsy almost certainly added to it. I can't imagine how hosed up your life must be if you think that is a normal situation after someone dies.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Aliquid posted:

The hell

Presumably that is where your dearly departed and where you are going if everyone you know keeps needing a full medical autopsy. Good god!

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
And the seamless way Vince & co followed me through the drive through was marvelous.

I was sure they were using a crane, but the "maximum height" sign was passed without a transition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Dude with a known heart issue and a history of heart attacks has a heart attack. Better call CSI. We need to get to the bottom of this.

• Locked thread