Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Chuck the duck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The showrunners do love their little nods.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah it was boring and overly confusing due to the complete lack of dialogue.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

fridge corn posted:

He was eating pistachios you moron. loving idiot.

:golfclap:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Chuck's plan is totally to get Jimmy to try to steal the tape, catch him in the act, and use that as proof that the tape isn't him humoring Chuck and is in fact genuine.

That's even less eligible than the tape itself.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I told my photographer friend to watch this. She texted almost immediately upon starting S1 that she was impressed at how the first Cinnabon scene was shot and she's still impressed at the camera work several episodes in.

This show is seriously the best cinematography on TV in god-knows-how-long, maybe ever. BB was good but BCS has obviously honed the craft further regardless of if you think the stories stack up.

You should force her to watch Preacher and The Patriot.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

We actually did a comedy watch of Braveheart a few months ago, it's basically The Patriot in plaid.

Haha oh sorry that's my bad, not Mel Gibs movie The Patriot. I'm was thinking of Patriot, the TV show that aired earlier this year.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

I dunno, I kind of agree that if you're watching something good then maybe you should not drink to the point where you can't follow it and also not go out to smoke during key moments. And also you should probably sort your life out.

Hearthstone and morning papers are my drug of choice.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Bates posted:

I'm more of a fish sticks and pancakes kinda guy.

And people say murder can never be justified.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

I think a "Listen bitch, I want the breakfast combo. I don't care it's after 10, I want the drat breakfast burritos" or something in the background would be a sufficient. So we could get a "OH poo poo IT'S JESSE!" moment but they don't have to try the deaging that didn't work for Jimmy.

Only if Will Arnett also gets to be in the scene.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

FogHelmut posted:

I am totally fine with never seeing Jesse Pinkman or Walter White in this series.

I think you're just a bigot against people with colours in their surname, you surname racist you.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

hiddenmovement posted:

I don't see why Gus being gay is a big deal. I'm much more interested in the kids he claims to have in bb.

That was a lie.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Secret Agent X23 posted:

"How much do I owe you for the pizza, Dad?"
"Oh, don't worry about it. It's on the house."

:lol:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

God Hole posted:

I know of a lawyer who was convicted of loving one of her clients in jail during a "consultation" and she's still practicing in my city.

No one deserves to live in the The Night Of universe.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

LeJackal posted:

Every minute that Gus is on screen is a shining diamond of brilliance that mortal eyes were not meant to see.

It's distracting from the main plot and we all know where it's going.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

LeJackal posted:

It is not the destination, but the journey.

I'd much rather see more of Saul's journey then Gus's.

R-Type posted:

She is just the absolute perfect typical democrat-affiliated and blatantly biased public prosecutor. They got that down to a loving T.

Prosecutor's are not supposed to be sympathetic to the offender, that's not their role within the system.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Banditoh posted:

What if jimmy still says he didn't actually change the numbers on the mesa verde paperwork, and that he simply got so upset after finding out he was recorded he rushed over and kicked the door in and was like, "the gently caress, bro?!" And destroys the tape...but he was just angry about his brother backstabbing him and he lost it, he still never actually changed the paperwork. He was just concerned for chuck and flipped poo poo when he found out.

I'm also curious about the blowback on chuck as he explains his side of it. Could he have done something worthy of disbarment in his silly record jimmy fiasco?

Enacting a conspiracy to get your brother to commit a crime is already pretty out there.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That's a timedoor to the world 2024.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Sulman posted:

I'm looking forward to the hot take on medium.com about why Breaking Bad and by extension Better Call Saul are problematic.

Walter White

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

What would Saul need to do for the thread to turn on him

Pay for someone to be shanked in jail. Luckily, JImmy would never stoop that low.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Jimmy is a monster. :stare:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

He literally just condemned a poor old woman to dying alone and hated for a quick payoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cage posted:

But wasn't it the guy from Mesa Verde that recommended Kim call the 2nd client?

It was. She tried to refuse but they pushed her into it.

• Locked thread