Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Probably done with this show. Slow, boring, stilted emotional plays. See ya Saul, it was a good ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm both an idiot and a trash person and people did not understand the tracker thing for multiple pages? Wow.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

Just the fact that so many people didn't understand it literally proves that something about it was unclear

Actually it proves goons are notoriously inattentive to what they are watching/doing.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It's me, I'm the bad guy. I was watching the episode while drinking heavily and using my phone and occasionally going outside for cigarettes and I had no clue what was going on with Mike. This is my confession.

I have my own issues in life but I can't loving wrap my head around the fact that you care enough about the show to post on the Internet about it yet like a goddamn bonobo monkey you can't sit down for the loving hour and three minutes it takes to watch this live or the loving 43 minutes it takes to watch this recorded stolen pirated or on demand thanks to iTunes. You couldn't sit you're dumb rear end down long enough to watch this loving show this piece of art? You had to have your loving cigarette so loving badly 1 to 3? I don't know how many cigarettes you needed in an hour but you had to have a few and just had to drink so heavily that it was impossible for you to follow what amounts to a young adult soap opera? Heaven loving help us if you were in charge of the nuclear football because we would all be dead.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I mean, from a literal path of plot point A to plot point B there's plenty of believable paths they could take.

But from a character development standpoint they're almost painting themselves into a corner where the barrier to transform Jimmy into Saul is becoming insurmountable. Like, watch this scene from his first episode in Breaking Bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTfyuKy5G0c

Remember at the end of season 1, when Jimmy says to Mike that he knows what was keeping him from taking the Kettleman's money and running, and he wasn't going to let it stop him anymore? That was a point where it felt natural and believable that Jimmy could make the leap into what we see here. With what we've seen of how invested Jimmy is in his relationships with Kim and Chuck, and how much he's about to lose, it's much harder to see him being happy as Saul. We know he is, and I don't doubt the writers' abilities to get us there, but drat, it's starting to shape up to be a herculean effort.

Nah it'll be fine

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Sinteres posted:

The premiere had lower ratings than any episode from a previous season, and the most recent episode had only 76% the ratings of any episode before the premiere.

Good, let's finish this season, Gilligan will get a half forth season to wrap up and we're done. Do it Leftovers style. Perfection.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

I love this show and the acting is superb. I can see how they would have the present day Cinnabon plot lead to a chance encounter. What happened with Walter White at the end of BB? He got on a bus or something?

Yes he got on a bus

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

Ernesto looks like the biggest nerd ever and his car gives me embarassment

Welcome to every nerd who is into cars.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

If you think skylar was a bitch you just might be

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I'm fine with them aging, this is a fictional story played by actors who age and I accept that.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

chuck is literally the worst person alive.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Ein cooler Typ posted:

It's pretty lucky that the power company shut off Chuck's power the same day he started getting electricity sensitivity

pause

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

how the gently caress is tv so good

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

What's the name of the official poderino cast?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Quote this and I'll become your legally binding lawyer.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

baw posted:

Cool from now on you must defend all my posts

how do I defend someone... who I know to be guilty!!!!!!!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

I've been waiting to see Dr. Tim Whatley go down for months now.

*cops open the door to Dr Tim's basement as they finish sweeping the house for evidence. They turn on the lights, as the walls are illuminated a rookie cop wretches and pukes. Against the back wall are four Billy bookcases piled high with counterfeit amiibo*

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

gently caress chuck, absolute piece of poo poo rear end hole, hope he rots in hell

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If I eat a free sample at Costco and like it, should I buy a 30-pack of the product? If I take a free week of spotify premium should I agree to pay for a year of it?

In Costco's case, yes

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

there was about a 10th of a second where howard looked like he was gonna cry when they were standing face to face, it was amazingly well done

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

FuhrerHat posted:

I'm still really taken out of the writing by Gus' stupid little speech to his workers.
To reiterate: "Those bad guys were the Mexican Mafia!! But don't worry friends... I didn't pay them. We are all safe, here, in my lovely fast food restaurant."

Yawn. Nothing in the BCS universe makes sense.

???

that plays off his public persona perfectly

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

FuhrerHat posted:

Ya and if your boss told you the dudes keeping you hostage the past hour were just "Old mafia buddies he hasn't paid yet", how would you react?

It's about 99% unrealistic how that situation played out.

won't be trolled further but there are many issues at play that makes it perfectly reasonable.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Good show finale, but I don't really understand it completely. Jimmy didn't turn into Saul and instead he is a good guy now? Is this like a parallel universe thing, like in that show "Sliders"?

yes its certainly not a character study of a multifaceted man.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Rexides posted:

I don't think Jimmy publicly admitting to turning Irene's friend's against her is such a selfless act as people in this thread think it is. If he had already convinced her to take the settlement money it would have been a different thing, but the reason he did it was because it became obvious to him that his original plan didn't work and he was only making things worse by trying to talk them into making up. His career in elderly law was finished, true, but that whole probation thing was already putting it at great risk. And never was it even hinted that he is gonna lose his finder's fee when the case eventually settles. He will eventually get his money either way.

There was definitely a lot of conscience involved in the decision, but it was nowhere near taking a full step back from becoming Saul.

TVIV.txt

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Rexides posted:

I agree, he would have gone full Saul. I am just saying that he is still well on the way there, and his admission of his scheme does not somehow reset his Saul-O-Meter back to zero like some posters here claim.

No one claimed this, they claimed he was a human who did good and bad and sometimes triumphed and sometimes failed.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

SHOW THE BODY VINCE

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

what if chuck's spirit makes a nice teacher named walter white.... B R E A K B A D

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Chuck year xxxx-2003(Seemingly)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

do we know if chuck had a basement? he could have slipped down there.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

misdirection, classic vince

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Bobby Digital posted:

How did he tweet with Mike's voice

:D

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Kim is Skylar, mark my words

a huge raging/whiny bitch?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

you're a real winner

people actually think that though, which is scary

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

if you have a thought on a suicide number being posted around a show that shows suicide, like, any thought at all, your a loving psychopath and should not be allowed near other people.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

RedSpider posted:

Chuck was Skyler. He's right about Saul, just like Skyler was right about Walter, but that doesn't mean we can't hate them, especially given the context of the show.

If you hated Skylar your a loving lunatic who deserves to be locked away.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

He's not dead. That's the point

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

the one thing i don't get is that this thread thinks jimmy's gf is hot,

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Actually the show is doing exactly what it set out to do. Show a man, a full man, a beefy man, and all of his foibles.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Konstantin posted:

My guess is that in the next season Jimmy will propose to Kim, she will say no and break up with him, and that will drive him into being Saul Goodman. It's pretty clear that Kim sees it as a "friends with benefits" arrangement, while Jimmy is a lot more serious about the relationship.

goons.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Goons have literally no concept that 1 character can act in different ways depending on situation, mood and mental strength.

• Locked thread