Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rexides posted:

In some way it's a shame that this is a prequel, because first season Jimmy is a genuinely good person, but everything he does is viewed through the lens we remember him in Breaking Bad (and the flashbacks to his past don't help). Even though he suspects that his brother's disease was fake, he goes to great lengths to help him, he worked hard to get his degree and pass the bar exam so he could have a honest life, entered the non-prestigious field of writing wills, and fought a company that was taking advantage of old people. But if you see him as "Saul", it's easy to reinterpret those things in a different light: He was trying to make his rich brother depend on him for everything, he got a sham degree just so he could jump on the McGill brand, he became the used car salesman equivalent of elder law, and the only reason he pursued the Sandpiper case was to further his career.

it's pretty obvious that jimmy did care about his brother and did that poo poo because he loved him and that he did care about the old folks he did elder law for (if he was always "saul" he wouldn't return money to a woman who couldn't afford his will service right then). he targets shitheads in his actual scams with marco et al.

it's good it's a prequel because there's this constant sense of dread where you go how did this person become saul.

DrunkPanda posted:

It sucks, because we know that he "wins" in the end

how do you figure?

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

every good show makes you like awful people at least sometimes. oz is a revolving door of the worst of the worst but there are points you feel bad for most if not all of them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Steve2911 posted:

CineD routinely defends Man of Steel.

it's definitely cd.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RedSpider posted:

I also reiterate the need for BCS to be 13 episodes a season instead of 10. These episodes are only 40 minutes long, unlike HBO, Showtime, etc where they roughly an hour.

FFS Nacho didn't even show up in S3 until the 6th loving episode.

also all episodes should be released at once.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i wish that tequila was real.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the slow pace is fine it's just dumb it's only 10 episodes. need more mike.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BiggerBoat posted:

I know you're exaggerating but BB had plenty of slow burns and gradually developed story lines. Sure, the pace overall was faster, but I'm not sure that's why BB was "better". I didn't find BCS all that slow actually but I'm engaged by good writing, compelling characters and exceptional acting and I don't think it ever faltered in that regard so I was never bored.

everyone i talk to is turned off by the first season of bcs cuz it's so slow. i've been trying to get work friends to get back on - the only reason i got hooked on the show was i could watch season 2 all in one go i had the same issues with pacing.

it's why every show now should just dump the whole season at once. each episode seems way too short now.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'll never forgive him for changing kylo's scar location (it's not even close).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Colonel Whitey posted:

Why does this matter

it looks very dumb and is very obvious. even more so in the future when people watch em all back to back. needs to be a cool scar!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

man it sucks having to wait for another season. tv sucks.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nothing matters. it still looks stupid.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cnut the Great posted:

I actually enjoyed Seasons 1 and 2 slightly more than 3.

you're mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cimber posted:

What do people think Chuck's mental illness was? I asked my wife, who has a masters in psycology and she said he likely had schizophrenia.

electromagnetic hypersensitivity is a "real" disorder. when i say "real" i mean like morgellons.

• Locked thread