Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerox
May 20, 2001
I couldn't hear it real well when I watched last night, but what did Ernesto hear on the recorder? Was it just Jimmy and Chuck's conversation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

Can a gunsperg comment on whether a suppressor could be heard at the distance they were At

I can't remember the caliber of that gun from previous episodes, but it would still definitely be heard at that range assuming its .223 or .308.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Durzel posted:

Is that the boardroom where only Howard and Chuck were present? What grapevine is this you speak of?

Maybe I'm being a bit obtuse, but whilst Howard already had the cheque written out to Chuck I would've assumed the show would make something more of it if the arrangement was cemented in stone. Granted he did say that Chuck would get paid in installments, which infers formality, but at the same time it was made clear in that scene that he was doing this out of his own personal funds, bypassing the company completely.

I can't conceive of a way that Jimmy would a) find out about the arrangement, b) benefit from it bearing in mind the circumstances and c) mishandle it in such a spectacular and credible way as to end up where he ends up being in Breaking Bad. Saul Goodman taking street dealer money whilst sitting on multi-millions?

HHM is an LLP I think. There is a partnership agreement for an LLP. A partnership agreement is going to have a buyout clause in it for death or disability of a partner. (Which is what Howard was using to do the three installments).

Either way, the Executor is entitled to a copy of the partnership agreement. If HHM refuses to give the executor the partnership agreement, then the estate would seek an order from the court for HHM to produce it.

I don't however think Chuck wouldn't ever have put Jimmy as his executor. I wouldn't be surprised if Howard is the named executor in the will. Which could give Howard an interesting conflict of interest character arc on how he handles all this.

One thing Better Call Saul has been really good about is legal proceedings and Chuck's estate could give some good fodder for storylines. Maybe we can get an objection to the will from Jimmy and we can watch a montage of Jimmy doing legal research.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think if he had a will (and he probably did), that it will all go to the wife. We may get to see a Jimmy vs Hamlin showdown with Jimmy helping his ex-sister in law get everything owed from HHM.

I am not sure on New Mexico law, but under Georgia law, if someone leaves everything to their wife in their will and they subsequently get divorced, then the will treats the ex-wife as if she pre-deceased him. Since they had no children together, the statute that controls this says that whatever was left to the wife can't go to her heirs if the testator had no relation. Which would leave the only possible person to inherit as Jimmy.

Edit: I don't believe Jimmy is ever going to end up with a large chunk of money coming to him in the BCS timeline. He won't get part of Chuck's estate and I think Sandpiper is going to be going on throughout the BB timeline. We will hear about a resolution for the Sandpiper case in a black/white Gene Scene.

nerox fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 21, 2017

nerox
May 20, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

For gently caress's sake

Sorry New Mexico, had a brain fart while typing that :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

Peanut Butler posted:

that's not usually how suicide works

I don't think killing himself even occurred to Chuck until that scene

If only there were some sort of phone number or "hotline" as I like to call it for people feeling like killing themselves.... Of course, we would need some way to get that information out there.

• Locked thread