Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
By any chance are this season's podcasts any more succinct? What I'm asking is if they still do a 5-minute preamble on how great/talented/gracious/sweet each writer/director/grip is before finally talking about the scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

I think the killing Badger stuff is overblown. It's not like Saul was salivating at the idea, he was just used to working with cartel members and dealers who solve problems that way. It was more him asking "Why don't you do what you normally do?"

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

ALFbrot posted:

Mike goes to the support group, learns that her husband died mysteriously and she has carried that burden for nearly a decade of intense suffering.
Putting a human face to the pain renews and intensifies Mike's animus towards Hector for the murder of the good samaritan (and, to a lesser extent, the driver of the truck)
I interpreted the support group interaction as Mike not wanting to end up disappeared (Nacho's sloppy work causing Gus immediately suspect Mike), leaving Kaylee and her mom with the same unresolved grief the woman at the support group has. I do think the good samaritan aspect is valid too though, it's in Mike's character.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Wow, the guy who played the oil tycoon was Hank from the original run of Twin Peaks. Didn't even recognize him.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Cnut the Great posted:

I feel like that would be pretty cheap and lame, especially since it's such a common fan prediction. What are the odds she's ever going to run into one of those people again? And why would they ever want to admit to falling for a con designed for greedy idiots? There's a reason Ken didn't walk outside to confront them after finding out he'd been had, when he easily could have.
Plus what proof could they possibly have? "You look like someone that scammed me"?

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

I kinda wish they hadn't called the last episode "Lantern" since the fire was so easily telegraphed. But they did a good job of subverting that with the suicide angle - definitely didn't see it coming. I thought for sure that when Chuck was tearing his house apart, he'd hit a gas line, cause a leak, then go to light his lantern later, causing an explosion.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

The Ninth Layer posted:

Here's a debate. Did Jimmy kill Chuck simply by visiting him? Would Chuck have suffered his complete mental collapse if Jimmy had stayed resolved not to make amends?
I feel like it was the HHM stuff that put him over the edge. To me, Chuck has seemed at peace with his relationship with Jimmy for quite a while now, and there was really nothing new brought up in that last interaction. Not saying it didn't contribute to his stress and relapse later that night, but I'm guessing prior to Jimmy arriving, he was stewing in his house with the lights off, reeling from what happened with Howard, and only turned them back on when Jimmy came.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 20, 2017

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

I saw an interview with the writer of the finale, and even she was being coy with the "We don't know if Chuck's dead." stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

Random thoughts:

Chuck cashed the check I believe. I thought that was the whole point of showing off his house when Jimmy came to visit. like he'd bought a bunch of new stuff and remodeled. Or maybe it was just showing how much stuff was plugged in and how cleaned up it was? Jimmy seemed to look at everything like it was brand new though.
He had all that stuff when Howard came to visit too. He got everything hooked up when he started therapy, it wasn't just for appearances (although him using the handmixer when Howard comes back again is definitely playing it up a bit). Jimmy is just shocked at everything being hooked up, not that it's new or remodeled.

Even right before Chuck's final freakout, he has a working lamp next to his bed. He was legitimately trying to get better.

• Locked thread