Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

This show creates more tension with a 24 hour copying store than The Walking Dead does with the zombie apocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

The DON'T note pretty much has to be Gus, then, yea?

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

So when did Chuck switch tape recorders? This show is so confusing.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Beardo the copy guy is a weak link in your chain of Jimmy getting off.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I once drove probably 6-10 km in a half ton with my wallet on the rear bumper. Parked, went into the store, realised I was missing it, walked out to look for it in the truck and picked it up off the bumper.

No coke, though, unfortunately.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

The shot of Jim and Kim absolutely has ominous weight to it. They are working together, happy and motivated. However, from our perspective we see that they are receding down a dark hall, get split in half from each other and turn left (into Jimmy) into sinister doings and criminality rather than right into Kim, morality, and goodness.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

The show is compelling because all the characters are so complicit in the events that are taking place. No one comes away clean. I understand why this thread is pro-Jimmy and I'm cheering for him myself. But regarding Jimmy taking care of Chuck, Jimmy had been enabling his mental illness for some time.

e. I mean, Chuck obviously loves being served. That scene with the whiskey was so spot on. He expects people to mince and cowtow.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Someone suggested in this thread a while back and the more I think about it the more I agree - I used to think Chuck and Jimmy were going down in flames together, but if Jimmy won the case but "lost" because of how it has compromised his personal relationships and morality, sending him further down the path of criminal lawyer while Chuck lost the case but finally seeks the help he needs and "wins" by overcoming his demons and regaining a semblance of normal life... really seems like there is potential for some powerful juxtaposition going on there.

Chuck isn't committed or dead, he is healthy. Jimmy becomes the one who is isolated and alienated even as his brother returns to normalcy.

Stickarts fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 22, 2017

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I like what others have said re: attempting to scrute the instrutable Mike and the empty suit.

I would hazard that there is a healthy dash of memento mori in there as well. Mike has forsaken his former life and career by killing two cops. Everything he had built his world on and around is a sham now, as empty/discarded/meaningless as a dead man's suit. He is adrift in much the same way Jimmy and Walt find/found themselves, at a crossroads looking for directions. Rather than going quietly into the night, so to speak, retiring and being buried in his old uniform, I feel as if Mike is increasingly finding the resolve to bury the old him and find a new identity. His uniform may be empty, but Mike isn't dead (yet). Rather than holding onto the past, Mike is engaging in the catharsis of renewal, just like the widowed woman he spoke with had by throwing out old clothes.

e. shedding skin

Stickarts fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 23, 2017

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

ALFbrot posted:

I don't know if he's going to poison him, so much as just replace the nitroglycerin with something useless. Without the nitro, Hector's heart problem will cause an ischemic stroke. You guys realize that the heart and brain are connected, right?

Your humors seem imbalanced.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Secret Agent X23 posted:

Geez. gently caress one pig, and all of a sudden you're a pig fucker.

David Cameron goon account spotted.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Last Chance posted:

Sure. pasties in a VIP room. In New Mexico. Yeah right.

This is all just a campaign to reveal what a disgusting slob I am.

It worked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Hamlin has that big "keep it to yourself because I DON'T CARE" freak-out on Kim, too. But yes, typically he keeps his emotions buttoned down pretty tight.

I also really liked that Jimmy turned down money from Kim out of pride, which leads him down a darker path. Echoes of Gretchen and Walt for sure.

• Locked thread