Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Longbaugh01 posted:

Um. First off, it's an RF transmitter, not a GPS unit. Secondly, it seems to be a specialized unit and not something that would be sold retail which is why he needed the model/serial number. Thirdly, he needed the same exact model to find out how it and its tracking unit functioned and to fool whoever is tracking him. Fourth, you're probably just trolling and I fell for it, but it's ok because maybe someone reading this legitimately was wondering.

Good lord go outside for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

lotus circle posted:

He could have still shot at the shoe just as they drove by, which would still scatter some cocaine onto the truck.

Possible but if any wouldn't have been blown away in the wind it would probably end up on the top of the truck. The dog could probably still smell it but it would be hard to alert to its handler.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Zefiel posted:

This is what I had the most difficulty with. If the handler had been suspicious of the truck beforehand then yeah, you only needed 1mg to stick somewhere on the truck the dog could detect to give a signal, but the handlers had no reason to suspect this truck over others, so it was down entirely to the dog. I believe a sniper can nail a shoe sized target, I just find it hard to suspend disbelief that in the second the truck drove under the shoe enough drugs were spilled on it to remain the 20 kilometers to the border (thank you handy roadside sign!) without the wind from the speed blowing all the fine drug dust away. They did show it falling thickly on the metal grid/step of the truck, I guess if they hadn't specified how far away from the border this was situated I wouldn't be whining as much.

Did you think wind actually sanitizes a vehicle? As was pointed out the dog can detect even a minuscule amount of drugs.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Herv posted:

And then BB would be forever changed due to the time travel paradox.

Wow

No then their third, never mentioned brother, Saul shows up at the funeral for all of 5 minutes, then say "welp bye!"

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Griefor posted:

Just Jimmy & Kim with an EXIT sign above them. We know their relationship isn't going to last already but it still seems ominous.

They seem closer than ever, working together on a caper? Do you do this kind of stuff in your everyday life or just during tv watching time?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It's not a stretch to assume their relationship will strain and fall apart because of Jimmy's penchant for playing fast and loose with the law. They've already had arguments over it (see: squat cobbler). Kim may slip from time to time, but in past incidents she quickly realizes what they're doing is wrong. There's two ways to reach the inevitable end of this relationship; either Kim has a change of heart and leaves before it ruins her career, or she sticks by Jimmy and his slip-ups end up dragging her down anyway.

Well sure we know the relationship doesnt work, so everyone is just waiting to see where the break is. I was just saying it isnt now, especially since she has to know Jimmy broke the law to help her get the Mesa account and still appears to be on his side.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Secret Agent X23 posted:

...and and, I really hope they have a good story as to how Jimmy got those photos inside Chuck's house in some perfectly legit way, because if he breaks them out at the hearing (and I don't know why else he'd have had Mike take them), that question is going to come up.

That hearing episode (god I hope it's next week) will be the most amazing thing. If they try to make it all about how crazy chuck is the look on his face will be amazing. Michael McKean is crushing this.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

FuriousxGeorge posted:

They are this close right now personally and professionally because Kim is openly embracing the fallacy of sunk costs when she knows she should be walking away instead.

Sunk cost fallacy is a classic concept for scammers to exploit to take advantage of someone a second time. Slippin' Jimmy isn't doing this on purpose, like Chuck says he just can't help himself, but her association with him is going to cost her big time in the near future. Most likely it will cost her career in law at least.

She's maintaining a confidence in his ability to be an above board lawyer when she has seen plenty of evidence to the contrary. He isn't someone who bends the rules. He straight up breaks them. She should get the hell away from his criminality and psychodrama with his brother.

But she likes having Mesa Verde and a future for herself in her own practice and she likes Jimmy. This doesn't have a happy ending.

All that just to say what we knew before the start of season 1 episode 1?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Kuiperdolin posted:

That sounds very pro-crime. I don't want some dickhead rifling through my pockets regardless of if he takes or puts something and what.

What is the name of the crime of leaving things in someone else's pockets?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Albuquerque is actually surprisingly cool, due to the elevation. It's still hot compared to northern climes but it tends to top out around 90 or 95 in the summer, it's no Vegas.

It's still hot enough that it's weird how everyone in the BB universe is always wearing jackets.

Also it's a dry heat. I'd take a dry 100 over a muggy 85 any day.

People adapt to the temperature they live in. You see people from Minnesota wearing shorts and a tshirt when it's 50 out and Florida people would have their winter jackets out. I don't get a jacket in 95º either but I've never lived there.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Are people unaware that Michael McKean is an established actor with a long resume of great work?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

idgi

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

That's the Gene's shoebox of relics from his old life as Saul from the first episode. It's the same Band-Aid tin he was keeping the coins in that we saw in this episode.

Thank you!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Shbobdb posted:

That seems to be how you understand death.

I'm sorry man.

That poo poo isn't pretty. The mortician did a good job at my buddy's funeral but everybody could tell that something had happened. That's the only autopsy funeral I've been to and it was deeply weird. Mostly because of the whole situation. But the autopsy almost certainly added to it. I can't imagine how hosed up your life must be if you think that is a normal situation after someone dies.

I'm not sure what the gimmick is here. I just know it's stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Karmine posted:

I'm not entirely certain what is happening in this thread

TBeats doesn't know how synonyms work and immediately posts about it every time the p-word is mentioned. I think he has an alert set up.

Just follow the classic tviv rule of don't check the thread on off-days.

• Locked thread