Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Think I'm gonna make a chuck roast for dinner tonight to celebrate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I won't say I'm very knowledgeable in how much money a big firm makes but it caught me off guard that one of the biggest firms in the state with as many employees as it does has less than 9 mil in the bank. I mean, that's a lot of money but I assumed giant law firms were always rolling in it.

Not like it matters much anyway, but y'know.

A lot of companies operate on razor thin savings. Rule of thumb is they should have 12-18 months worth of expenses in a liquid account to cover unexpected events, but when you're paying for insurance/salaries/taxes/rent/etc you make take in a ton, but nearly all of it funnels right back out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Did Howard say '... and one more thing' before his scene with Chuck ended? What was that? The group waiting for Chuck in the main entrance? I missed what happened right after he said that, or maybe I missed something in the conversation.

He said he hated Spinal Tap.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TheDon01 posted:

Did anyone get a look at what prescriptions Chuck was taking when he wrote in his dream journal? Don't a lot of anti-psychotics and depression drugs have an increased chance of suicical thoughts and actions?

That seems like a pretty big side effect. I always wondered how those managed to make it past the FDA.

"It will help you get better!....but let us know if you feel like killing yourself though."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't think we're ever gonna see him truly lose his humanity. Maybe Saul was all......an act. And everynight he went back home to Kim and they discussed the crazy weirdness Walt was getting into. And she's the day manager at Cinnabon.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chuck also took his doctor's advice and didn't try to kick the lantern off the table all at once. Slow and steady progression until he was cured.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If it helps I'm sure they did it as a means to avoid getting sued and not because they actually are worried people are going to kill themselves. If they were worried about that they wouldn't have filmed it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'd imagine Chuck's estate would go to his ex-wife.

Maybe if it's willed to her but ex-wife is a big qualifier there.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not having a will would be the first way.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

I give Chuck a bit more credit than "forgot to make a will."

My mom isn't planning on dying for the next 40 years or so and she has a will. I have a feeling super-lawyer Chuck has one too.

You're probably right. It doesn't look like Saul has $8mil in BB and that would take a level of stupidity to lose that much in 5 years that we haven't seen from him yet.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

SHOW THE BODY VINCE

Told you I was gonna celebrate!

edit:
Holy poo poo, my phone take gigantic pictures.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Nah no way Chuck left his money to Jimmy. Probably gave it to some legal charity.

Also the settlement fell through, so Jimmy is not a millionaire +

Settlement is still going through. In fact Jimmy is going to get more money because the old ladies are gonna go back to Erin and tell her to keep trying to get more.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

Old folks home can afford 10+ million cash settlement, big law firm can't find 3 million

If it's structured as an LLP they'll typically pay out huge portions (if not all) of their profits to the general partners as bonuses. It's also a TV show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

It's the charity for rear end in a top hat lawyers who treat their friends and family like poo poo.

Amway has a charity division?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

The tweet Michael McKean sent out after the show indicates that he is done with the series, so I really doubt it. Plus Chuck's arc is done.

Well done.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think if he had a will (and he probably did), that it will all go to the wife. We may get to see a Jimmy vs Hamlin showdown with Jimmy helping his ex-sister in law get everything owed from HHM.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-w1GeH8KPU&t=20s

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Spellman posted:

Apparently it cost them $4.99 to secure the rights to use Blockbuster for this scene.

Yeah, but if they don't rewind it when they give it back it's gonna be another $3.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I would just like to point out that those space blankets are used by firefighters to survive forest fires:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/01/firefighters-emergency-tents-arizona-survival/2479619/

Chuck Lives!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sinteres posted:

The second season and first part of this season were pretty slow, and while the middle and end of this season were excellent, I can see why some people might have checked out before then. The show still has a bit of an identity crisis and a bit of a Daenerys problem in the way that there are still two different worlds that only very rarely converge through Mike too, and the more pre-Breaking Bad elements they add to Mike's part of the plot, the less this show makes sense to people who haven't watched that show. This show can be a bit unrelentingly grim at times too, and while Breaking Bad worked on fixing that by adding Bob Odenkirk as a comic relief character, this show ended up being far less comedic than the original pitch, or even than the first season was. Everyone involved thought we'd be watching a show about Saul Goodman by now, which would be a show in which he worked directly with Mike on criminal matters far more frequently, but the soft reset between the first and second seasons changed that plan a lot. I think there were benefits to slowing things down, but I think there were also clearly costs too, and they probably overdid it a bit.

This is kinda where I'm at. The first season was fun, second season felt like they lied to me at the end of the first but was still enjoyable, and now this season Jimmy is still a long way away from becoming the character I thought I was going to be watching. I just don't find Jimmy interesting, and while the show is good it's everything that isn't Jimmy that keeps me watching it. All my friends have jumped ship on it so besides here there's no one I talk to about it. Think I'm gonna just hop off and binge what ever seasons come next as they're released on Netflix. Now that the most interesting character on the show is dead I don't feel like I'm gonna be missing out on much.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chuck was the most interesting character and I find Jimmy boring. I've stopped caring about what made him Saul, so what's the point of keeping up with it? And according to the ratings I'm not alone. It's a good show, I've just lost interest in it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well remember Gene passed out so there's a good chance he'll be arrested if they can't find him for medical insurance and start digging into who he is. He was already scared of touching an emergency door, a hospital trying to identify him could be what lands him in court again.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think a criminal of the week type show would have been better. At least then I'd get to see a lawyer be a lawyer. The opening trial and the Chuck trial were my favorite parts of the show so far.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Blazing Ownager posted:

What makes this perfect: Scion TV contacted the makers of the show about a sponsorship, and dropped a huge list of demands that they had to meet to qualify. They met every single one, technically, while the Scion people didn't realize what they'd gotten into until it was too late:

https://youtu.be/4k8kD4lNoUY?t=5m55s (It really starts up at about 7:30)

Nothing short of masterclass sponsor trolling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1HXXcVFySM&t=18s

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

His arc this season was boring. Maybe if they had shot some of that it wouldn't have been.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Vegetable posted:

Michael McKean got snubbed big time from the Emmys. No nomination for him. Instead Jonathan Banks get a nod in Supporting Actor.

It takes a lot of acting chops to make a literal cement drying scene entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I hope Aziz Ansari wins a "Best Actor" emmy for Master of None. It'll totally prove the whole "surround yourself with worse to look better" idea.

• Locked thread