Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
I guess Mike lucked out that they took the transmitter away instead of just swapping in a fresh battery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

Uh... they're not, really? We have an established post-Breaking Bad element sticking into this show. This show which probably shouldn't retread everything that happened in Breaking Bad. But we still need an explanation as to how Saul became Gene, on this show, meant to stand on its own. We can't just "yadda yadda now he's managing a Cinnebon." We need an explanation that bridges us to the black-and-white future of some kind.

If/when they need to get into it, I don't know that they'd need to do much more than "Oh no, my criminal activities have caught up with me and I need to get away and start a new life. Fortunately, I know a guy."

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Secret Agent X23 posted:

So, any chance Hamlin would put some pressure on Chuck to drop the charges?

Even if he did, I don't think Chuck would listen. This sure seems to be him thinking he's finally found a way to put Jimmy in his place help his brother.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

I don't think there's any deep meaning behind it, but it was interesting the contrast between Gus's precision about things and Chuck's. Gus makes sure the money is packed and wrapped just right and Eladio likes it.

Chuck is precise about the cost of the tape down to the penny, and does it just to be as big a jerk as he can to Jimmy.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I can't check myself, but didn't he say 1416? Guess it really doesn't matter either way though.

No, he said 1216.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

I would like to see a flashback at some point from before he got sick showing Chuck as a brilliant lawyer. They don't really NEED to do something like that to establish him, we already know he's well-respected, but it would be kind of neat to see him at his best for the contrast with his breakdown on the stand.

(I think there was one where he walked in and told Jimmy he was going to help get him out of prison, but I don't remember us seeing him actually arguing in court. I could have forgotten it, though)

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

maskenfreiheit posted:

Actually, not needing to go to court is a sign of a good lawyer... have a little chit-chat with Petty-And-A-Prior, and the first and last time you interact with a judge is mutually agreeing to a plea. (Or never making it to the judge because you convince the prosecutor not to charge at all)

Trials are expensive - a good lawyer generally shouldn't be constantly arguing in court, because most of their cases shouldn't make it that far.

I'd be OK with something like that too. I just think it would be neat to get a flashback of Chuck in action at the top of his game.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Karmine posted:

I believe this but I also don't.

It makes more sense once you know she stopped aging when they bottled her.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

Can someone explain to me what Mike's plan was for Nacho? He wants him to switch the pills and then...switch them back?

Nacho isn't just going to put one bad pill in the bottle, he's swapping the bottle of real pills for fake ones. Mike knows that once something bad happens to Hector, people are likely to check the pills to make sure they were good. So once he takes a bad pill, Nacho needs to swap the good ones back in or else people will know that someone swapped the pills.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

I am weirdly happy for Chuck managing to go grocery shopping by himself.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

[quote="“Rageaholic Monkey”" post="“473081688”"]
Why are you happy for Chuck managing to do anything
[/quote]

I don’t know! I enjoy hating him as much as everybody else but for some reason I liked that bit.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

What would Saul need to do for the thread to turn on him

Probably if he did something to intentionally hurt Kim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

I don't really get why that's supposed to be funny. Is it because famous comedians are acting weird in it?

I think it's one of those running gag things, in another few hours somebody else will post it.

• Locked thread