Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

"I won't ????? and you stay out of court" what was that line?
Also why did Mike take the gas cap out I thought he left it in because he didn't want Gus to know he's onto him?

"I won't fly jets, and you stay out of court" was the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I could see a scenario where Kim helps Jimmy do something of questionable legality, or hell maybe the Mesa Verde thing ties into somehow, and Chuck knowing about it but being ultimately hesitant to truly screw his brother well and good, "sends a message" by dropping Kim under the bus instead.

He'd throw Kim under the bus explicitly to hurt Jimmy. He's already done it once or twice, why not again? There's not much Chuck can do to Jimmy directly that he'd care about at this point, getting into law itself was just to try and be close to chuck and make him proud after all, it wasn't exactly his true life's calling originally. Hurting Kim IS how he screws Jimmy because he cares more about her and her career than his own.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

When he was putting his sights on them he was just using his scope to look at them, like a pair of binoculars, it wasn't a crazy hidden urge to go for a headshot

He had a pair of binoculars on him, and was using them to start with.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Even Mike though. I never really thought about how much of a nut he kind of is in BB but his entire driving force is doing the right thing, but he's so deep in this criminal underworld he doesn't seem to realize that everything is pretty much his own fault and he does nothing but dig himself deeper.

Even Mike is doing it for the sake of supporting family, though. Most of the money he was getting was being set aside to fund a good live for his granddaughter. Even when that gets lost, his main concern is immediately trying to build it back up. That and taking care of his employees.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Golli posted:

The members of the disciplinary board may be Chuck's buddies, but they are also lawyers, and would likely seize the opportunity to nudge a competitor from the marketplace "for his own good, of course."

The way Petty with a Prior talks about what Jimmy did implies that ol' Chuck may not be as popular as he thinks.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Uh. Chuck.

...Chuck you okay buddy?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Holy poo poo, he'd have saved face just admitting to his "issue".

But he's too proud to. He'd rather be seen as a gigantic rear end in a top hat than just admit it.

This does seem to confirm it absolutely started with Jimmy passing the bar and becoming a lawyer, though.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

This is already an amazing episode. And oh god I really hope it's Huell.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Hamlin having second thoughts. Probably in part because Chuck's going to gently caress the firm's reputation due to his crazy, single-minded fixation on punishing Jimmy for daring to ever become a lawyer in the first place.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

lotus circle posted:

Why do I feel like Rebecca is going to make a surprise appearance at the courtroom.

She's going to get him at the house and gently caress him up too much to testify.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

HUELL!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

maskenfreiheit posted:

Is it just me or did Huell look trimmer?

(And I'm guessing planted a cell phone or other evil electromagnetic emitter on him)

You don't get much of a look, but his face is definitely less fat.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Get ready everyone, it's time to gently caress Chuck!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh gently caress. Jimmy didn't even plan anything. He knew Chuck would gently caress it up himself.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Brightman posted:

As sweet as watching this build-up is I still don't see how it'll help Jimmy not get disbarred given how dismissive they've been about discussing Chuck's condition.

By letting Chuck blow up hugely in the middle of the hearing and put all his testimony and claimed motivations fall into question. It's one thing to speculatively pry at someone being mentally unfit, it's another for that person to prove it all on their own in a very public, very ugly way.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Yeah, he has a phone or something else planted on him. There's no doubt.

Holy poo poo that's like half the Huell he used to be.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Yessss.

MELT DOWN YOU FUCKER.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Aaaahahahaha.

loving knew it. Look at all those :catstare: faces.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

And that final shot. God drat.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Half an hour until Better gently caress Chuck 2: The Fuckening.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

God drat.

Poor Krazy 8.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Nacho is definitely having a bad day. Yeesh.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Chuck status: hosed.

And it sounds like he got a one year suspension?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Jimmy has tried to do what's right countless times.

Chuck hosed him so hard there's no "doing the right thing" left here.

Not to mention I can only imagine the legal clusterfuck of him showing up to Chuck's house right after the B&E and hearing and all.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Argus Zant posted:

no, he needs to keep his nose clean for a year as part of the legal agreement

otherwise, he goes to jail because he signed a written confession regarding the breaking & entering fiasco

I knew about the deferment, but then Kim asked about what he's going to do with his clients. I wasn't sure, but it sounded like it could have meant he got a suspension and I wasn't sure if I had missed something else that confirmed it.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

lol Kim signed on to this entire thing knowing that Jimmy actually did switch the numbers, she's with this man for the long haul.

Yeah, if anything Kim is pretty firmly on #TeamFuckChuck and from a legal standpoint can't imagine anything good happening with Jimmy coming near Chuck. Rebecca's pretty understandable from an emotional standpoint, but she also hasn't been privy to years of bullshit Jimmy's found out about and dealt with regarding Chuck. At best, Chuck and Jimmy are even now and Jimmy sure as hell doesn't owe him poo poo.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Chuck status: Still firmly hosed.

I do appreciate that it's like 11 at night and Hamlin is still in a full suit.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Confirmed 12 month suspension. Yay I'm not crazy.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

lotus circle posted:

And guess we have confirmation that Jimmy won't be allowed to practice for a year. I wonder if we'll get a timeskip after this season ends?

Maybe end the season on some montage of him passing the time, or start next season with it?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Better Montage Saul.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

And we've got another half hour to go.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh my god Jimmy.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Beginnings of the superlab?

Yep. It'll be real fun to see how this all starts.

Oh god are we going to end up getting more Gale?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

It does seem like it's a bit early to get started on the super lab considering that they were just finalizing the process in season 3 of BB which is a long time from now. But we'll see how it goes

Buy the property, run it legitimately, slowly construct and populate the lap in secret under, integrating its venting into that of the wash. Gus tends to be slow and methodical when he wants to do something, and it's not hard to figure he's wanted to be independent of the cartel for a long time. Tio's bullshit just sped up his time table if anything.

And oh hey Chuck is wandering around in his space blanket again.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

And Tio is about to stroke the gently caress out.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Jimmy what did you do.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Kim is stunned to silence. And that's how we end.

Aaahahaha.

Truly, the star wipes were too much for any mere mortal.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 16, 2017

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Having a rough idea of the time frame isn't bad. Obsessing over specific dates less so. IIRC BCS is roughly 5 years before the start of Breaking Bad, which played really loose with its specific dates and takes place over all of two years despite being 5 seasons long. So time is more of a polite suggestion than a hard thing from the get go, here.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

DarklyDreaming posted:

The kind of therapy he needs usually takes years to suss out, and I don't think Chuck has the patience or the emotional availability to work that long or that hard before he's right back to the space blanket

They already seem to be setting him up for failure through impatience, with a healthy dose of realizing that the whole thing was a lie and he destroyed his life for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

This has been amazing episode so far.

• Locked thread