Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The part that Ernesto hears is Jimmy saying "I switched 1261 with 1216" or whatever. If Ernesto is in the loop on anything at HHM, he might have heard that they lost the Mesa Verde case. He might also have heard they lost it because of a typo, and maybe even because it was Chuck's fault. He's going to at least know something is up when he hears Jimmy saying "I switched the numbers" and then Chuck freaks out and says it has to be a secret. I'm thinking Chuck is saying it has to be a secret to keep Ernesto from bringing it up to Jimmy.

I didn't think the tracker thing was that confusing. Mike notices there was a generic gas cap in his wagon, after seeing one in the wrecking yard's store. Checks the cap from the wagon and sees the tracker. He checks is own car and sees another tracker. He finds out exactly what it is to know how it works and gets that guy to get him another one. He swaps out the cartel one for the one he bought and runs down the battery of the cartel tracker. They notice the battery is low on theirs so they run over to swap out the gas caps. They will have another cap set up with a third tracker for ease of swapping. They drive off thinking they have their own tracker, but it's actually Mike's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah, it did seem suspect that it was set to exactly that moment where Jimmy confesses. It could be that Chuck wants Ernesto to bring it up to someone.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

In my headcanon Gene's last name is Parmesan.

I thought he was that guy!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe you guys should actually pay attention and turn off your phones so you can figure out what Mike is doing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Platystemon posted:

It might be kind of suspicious that the tracker moves inside Mike’s house while he works on it, but generic GPS receivers weren’t as accurate in 2002, and they’d have to be paying pretty close attention to notice anyway, so eh.

It's not GPS, it's a radio transmitter. All the receiver knows is the vector and the distance. If they were far enough away, him moving the transmitter into the house wouldn't be super obvious.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Oh there was two trackers, I was wondering why he took the other tracker gas top and put it in his own car. Like some kinda of crazy person.

Why would they need to track both cars if they already knew what his real car was?

They aren't trying to figure out which car is his, they are trying to figure out where he's going. They put one in his real car to find out where he goes normally. They put one in that burner car to see where he goes on his secret missions. They want to know where he's going.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Saul never dealt with Gus.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Kim actually runs a Saul Goodman franchise in Santa Fe.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The last episode of BCS is Gene's wife Jean (Kim) coming home from work. Vacuum guy wasn't very creative.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It has to be something that ruin's Kim's life or for some reason has her leave Jimmy forever. Having her be gone but still exist is much worse for him than her being dead.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

Why was Kim under the gascap though? I guess I'm just too stupid to understand.

Because Jimmy had an appointment with the cartel to track Mike but he was dealing with Chuck, so Kim did it. Please watch the show.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
At some point Jimmy dies tragically. Chuck decides that he must become Jimmy to protect all of Jimmy's clients. He affects what he assumes to be Jimmy's personality, and becomes Saul Goodman.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
She knew what Jimmy did with the 1216/1261 thing, so she was making sure she had everything perfect to not screw it up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think Jimmy could still play this as a "I said those things so you wouldn't go off the deep end and I wouldn't have to put you in a home" and then him being upset that it was recorded to use against him. He could get in trouble for the breaking an entering, but that could be excused that Jimmy was concerned about Chuck's well being. That is believable as Chuck just recently turned his house into a weather balloon. Breaking into the desk and destroying the tape, I don't know.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

bbf2 posted:

Is the receptionist lady they hire the same person that is Saul's receptionist in Breaking Bad?

Yes.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Francesca

Edit: I wonder how far this show will go. With Gus and Francesca showing up, we are that much closer to Breaking Bad. I'm guessing maybe just one or two more seasons.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 18, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

What the gently caress man have you never had chicken and waffles? God tier breakfast food.

My mom randomly brings up that she doesn't understand chicken and waffles. I don't know why, no one ever talks about it. But several times over the past few months she just says she doesn't understand chicken and waffles.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
People who know nothing about the Civil War know it was about slavery.
People who know a little about the Civil War know it was about states' rights.
People who know a lot about the Civil War know it was about Chicken and Waffles.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Sinteres posted:

The way all the promos have been pushing Gus so hard totally sapped all the suspense from it too. There wasn't any question what the sign would be, so treating it like a big reveal was kind of weird. Mike takes up way too much time in this show in general, and giving him plodding scenes to tell us what we already know makes it worse.

This always happens. The people making the show or movie work hard to make a cool reveal. Then the PR campaign ruins it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Aaron Paul is way too old to show up. It would be like when that 40 year old teenager shows up in Fast 7.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Listening to the podcast, I was reminded of the scene of that bridge or whatever with the runoffs under it. It looked like a miniature. Pretty cool.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think a "Listen bitch, I want the breakfast combo. I don't care it's after 10, I want the drat breakfast burritos" or something in the background would be a sufficient. So we could get a "OH poo poo IT'S JESSE!" moment but they don't have to try the deaging that didn't work for Jimmy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The last scene of the last episode of this show should be a disheveled Jesse showing up at the cinabon. Fade to Black.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Better Fuel Huell

Project HUELL: Humongous Unequaled Ernesto Living Large

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 21, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

My other great disappointment is Saul very clearly did not know Badger in his first appearance, preventing Badger & Pete from showing up until we time jump into the future. And I mean that, Badger & Pete were always one of the most entertaining duos of Breaking Bad, to the very last episode.

ED: I will always get a kick out of them trolling Star Trek fans by purposely getting one detail about the origin of drat berries wrong. :bravo:

There wasn't any trolling, it was to Star trek nerds talking to each other.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

This is very common manager behavior at Chick-fil-A. They will insist on refilling your drink and throwing out your trash for you to the point of harassment. Just so goddamned friendly and helpful.

They are so nice that I can easily look past Dan Cathy's hatred of gay people.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

That scene where he's driving at night must be the scene they were talking about in the podcast. The parts shot from inside the car are Jonathan banks actually driving and they kept telling him to drive faster because the rain didn't match up with the shot from outside when the car was being towed. He didn't have his glasses and couldn't see.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
He was out fishing but Hurricane Skyler killed him.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Chick Fil A is bad because their breading is thick and soggy. If you want decent fast food chicken that doesn't help fund fanatical bigots, go to Raising Cane's.

If you live in College Station/Bryan, go to Lane's. It's the exact same poo poo for half the price.

Go to Raising Cane's where their breading is even more soggy?

I think the person most likely to see Gene is Kim. She sometimes has a Kansas City Royals shirt on, so she's from the midwest. I don't know if she's said exactly where she's from, the breaking bad wiki doesn't say anything about that. It's possible she's from somewhere in Nebraska near Missouri or anywhere northwest of Kansas City and she ends up going to Omaha for some reason. Then she stops by a mall to get a cinnabon.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Edit: From Quora: In the 408 episode of the Breaking Bad podcast, the show's creator Vince Gilligan was asked whether Max was Gus's lover. He said that "It's open to interpretation. It's whatever the audience wants it to be."" So there you go, he's both gay and not at the same time.

It's the Heisengay Uncertainty Principle.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If Chuck hemorrhages all their money, he might have to be cut off.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the only way Chuck can get Jimmy is if he can get Kim to admit it was fraud.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess it's time to explain the Mike scene for all the people who don't pay attention to the show.

The shoes at the beginning of the episode are the same shoes Mike threw up there. It shows a Los Pollos Hermanos truck, most likely signifying that in the future, Gus' trucks are the ones smuggling meth in. Mike isn't trying to assassinate the two men from Hector's truck. He is firing into the air for them to freak out about at first, but then get used to as the shots continue. They assume the shooting is from a hunter, and eventually, the gun shots don't even phase them. Then as they drive off, they drive under the shoes (they weren't parked under the shoes). When they pass under, Mike shoots the shoe so drugs will pour out and land on the truck. His earlier gunshots made it so the two guys aren't suspicious of that gunshot as they drive off. The drugs sprinkle down onto the truck and this gets them caught at the border.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What would killing them accomplish? The whole point was to get them caught at the border. Killing the drivers just means Hector has to get new drivers. Getting them caught at the border puts those two guys in prison as well as forcing Hector to find a new business to use for smuggling drugs across the border.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah, the stops signs are in Spanish. I guess a bigger question is how did Mike get a hunting rifle and cocaine into Mexico, both of which were just sitting there in an otherwise empty suitcase?

Did you miss the part where Mike went to that doctor to get the drugs?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

I didn't assume he was IN Mexico then, he could've easily been just across the border on the US side.

Everything being in Spanish didn't tip you off?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Venuz Patrol posted:

the ole' coke shoes on the telephone wire is a classic back in corrupt cop school

It's an old PI trick.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I fully expect the court room to be ridden of any electronic devices to cater to Chuck's illness. Then when Chuck is on the stand and Jimmy is questioning him, and asks him if he feels well since all the electronics were removed. Chuck will say that he is fine. Then Jimmy will reveal that there is a radio, a watch, and a cell phone sitting under Chuck's chair, so how could he possibly feel fine?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
She says in the episode that because Jimmy is a lawyer, she doesn't want to go easy on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

TBeats posted:

I think she was just using that as a sticking point to a judge, not because she actually believes it.

"As officers of the court, I feel we should be held to a higher standard. I don't intend to take it easy on your brother just because he's a lawyer."

• Locked thread