Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Star posted:

Ive been reading the reddit subreddit called collapse. There they talk about how our civilization is unsustainable and consumes too many resources and destroys the environment. It's only a matter of time before something gives and our civilization collapses, unable to support itself. Solar energy wont save us, recycling wont save us, fanciful sci-fi technology wont save us, we are doomed. Is this true? we are definitely running out of rare earth metals, oil, coal, other fossil fuels, and fresh water.

All true. Best to preach this truth on your nearest busy street corner.

I recommend a couple stacked milk crates and a megaphone to really get your message out. Wear a placard too, it helps.

If you're a dude then grow out a large beard so people know you have the authority of a prophet. If you're a lady then grow your hair really long and let it get wild and tangled like the wise women of old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Star posted:

From the sarcastic comments I take it that you all feel the topic of discussion is beenath you. Is it because its not true? I;m acvtuallly being serious right now. Are we running out of resources? Are there no ways we can become more sustainable?

The quality of your monocle is not up to our usual standards.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
When the collapse comes just know where you keep your katana, your leather jacket and your cool '80s mirror sunglasses.

• Locked thread