Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ive been reading the reddit subreddit called collapse. There they talk about how our civilization is unsustainable and consumes too many resources and destroys the environment. It's only a matter of time before something gives and our civilization collapses, unable to support itself. Solar energy wont save us, recycling wont save us, fanciful sci-fi technology wont save us, we are doomed. Is this true? we are definitely running out of rare earth metals, oil, coal, other fossil fuels, and fresh water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
From the sarcastic comments I take it that you all feel the topic of discussion is beenath you. Is it because its not true? I;m acvtuallly being serious right now. Are we running out of resources? Are there no ways we can become more sustainable?

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Willie Tomg posted:

D&D's primary problem is roundly recognized to be unfunny cliques lashing out from and retreating into the comfort of their mod-pet megathreads making the forum painful to read unless you really like cliques of vaguely-center-left dweebs, and it gets really obvious when people attempt to post topics more granular than "middle east war thread" or "eastern europe thread" or "climate change thread"

Incidentally, because of the areas of expertise involved, the climate change thread is probably the best venue for this. Which is dumb, because resource scarcity in an economic model entirely loving predicated upon the mathematical constant of infinite growth is a different problem from anthropogenic climate change and you have no reasonable way of knowing that. But that is, generally, where you'll get the best responses to your questions/concerns.

I'll let you return to getting tepidly "owned" (leased?) because you admitted to reading reddit like a normal person and not one of the cool and admirable folks who post in chat threads and their reregs.

Okay, now correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're saying--and I don't want to jump the gun here or put words in your mouth--, but it sounds like you're saying that D&D posters are...dumb? Am I reading you right?

• Locked thread