Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

I don't know how many turbonerds there are in this thread, but did anyone ever play Homeworld: Cataclysm? When you get the Siege Cannon up and running for the first time and take a shot at The Beast?

Buuuuuuuuuuurn.

It's so epic when you finally show up in the last level as the undisputed baddest ship in the universe.

too bad they lost the source code and had to leave it out of the Homeworld HD remaster lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
On a more humorous note

http://verysmartbrothas.com/the-national-park-service-guys-face-when-getting-that-bullshit-check-from-trump-is-the-blackest-thing/

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

P-Mack posted:

It's so epic when you finally show up in the last level as the undisputed baddest ship in the universe.

too bad they lost the source code and had to leave it out of the Homeworld HD remaster lol

Going from being just a simple mining kiith at the beginning to being the Kuun-Lan, 2nd to none fucker upper (save for the mothership of course) is awesome.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Godholio posted:

Jesus, he's bragging about the election and threatening this union audience.

He loves to say how Keystone XL has to use American steel now because of him. His administration exempted Keystone XL from the American steel requirement.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

We have Value added Tax in the UK and I love it, it's the BEST. It was brought in to pay for the Falklands war but it never went away and now it's 20%....if I didn't claim most of mine back thanks to clever accountancy.

Don't most states already have a sales tax?

Most states do indeed have sales tax already. The problem is that sales tax is regressive, meaning that the poorer your are, the higher percent of your income it takes up. VAT is regressive, too.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

ZombieApostate posted:

Most states do indeed have sales tax already. The problem is that sales tax is regressive, meaning that the poorer your are, the higher percent of your income it takes up. VAT is regressive, too.

Thats the point.

Its also why the tax reform is going to be a gutting or outright elimination of corporate taxes, and individual will be an inverse scale with elimination of deductions for income at and below the median.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Genocide Tendency posted:

Thats the point.

Its also why the tax reform is going to be a gutting or outright elimination of corporate taxes, and individual will be an inverse scale with elimination of deductions for income at and below the median.

Sounds lovely taxing the middle class until they're in poverty too

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Quick polling break.

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/849314312862748672

Before, Gallup had Donnie at his likely-floor of around 35%, now Quinnipiac shows the same.

Again, this likely does not matter and will not lead to anything. It's just a reminder that Donnie is basically despised at this point, so no, you are Not Crazy for realizing how awful he is and the majority of the country has realized it too.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

MA-Horus posted:

Going from being just a simple mining kiith at the beginning to being the Kuun-Lan, 2nd to none fucker upper (save for the mothership of course) is awesome.

Kiith Somtaaw are some plucky little fuckers

First one: Celebrate getting into space, they burn your planet. You cut a burning swath of destruction though their empire and colonize the ashes.

Such a good series.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

ZombieApostate posted:

And a fossil fuel (carbon) tax would be too!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
In case you didn't hear, the most recent gas attacks in Syria are Obamas fault.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

ded posted:

In case you didn't hear, the most recent gas attacks in Syria are Obamas fault.

and furthermore, how about that electoral college victory, so huge!

"April Current Events" keeps making me think of April O'Neil. I would've posted a picture, but googling that led right to a bunch of results I didn't ask for.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Man, wonder when that Riechstag fire is gonna happen.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

joat mon posted:

The carbon tax at least is a good idea though in terms of shaping incentives, especially if it's offset by other progressive taxes. But yeah, that's not how a Trump administration and Republican Congress are going to implement it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/cnbc/status/849315635075141633

SAD :laugh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

They're not wrong.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Wakko posted:

I didn't make this, but somebody here clearly did.

Needs a mushroom cloud on the back

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

joat mon posted:

Apparently if you pay the tax collected back as a lump sum per person, it stops being regressive, but lol if anyone thinks Donne dumbfuck will do that. Give... money... back?!

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

mlmp08 posted:

and furthermore, how about that electoral college victory, so huge!

"April Current Events" keeps making me think of April O'Neil. I would've posted a picture, but googling that led right to a bunch of results I didn't ask for.

I had to google this because I didn't understand what the problem with some character from the Ninja Turtles cartoon was.

And here we always said no common ground could be established between ISIS and the majority of the US.

Edit:

Kids learning about chemistry.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 4, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Laranzu posted:

Kiith Somtaaw are some plucky little fuckers

First one: Celebrate getting into space, they burn your planet. You cut a burning swath of destruction though their empire and colonize the ashes.

Such a good series.

My favorite Homeworld story is that I started it for the first time about three years ago, pre-gearbox. I read the whole manual, start to finish, which had a ton of in-depth information about all the kiiths, past history, planet populations, etc.

I was never spoiled about what happened to Kharak.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hey look, two insufferable twats rolled into one.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/849297950392164355

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Don't stop almost there

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/849336060551278592

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Life comes at you fast

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

"The US overthrows and installs puppets all the time, they should just accept their Manchurian candidates quietly just like Korea, Vietnam, and South America did." :smuggo:

edit: there needs to be a version of :smug: + :downs:

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 4, 2017

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

"Trump's better than every other president because he's actively working to reduce the power of the US, but he can't compare to this amazing leader named Pol Pot..."
:goonsay:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

M_Gargantua posted:

Life comes at you fast

So does bill o'Reilly apparently

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

KildarX posted:

edit: there needs to be a version of :smug: + :downs:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/849336567663558659

say that to my face fucker, not online and see what happens

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

devmd01 posted:

So does bill o'Reilly apparently

:master:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Office Pig posted:

The gently caress is with his voice?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Office Pig posted:

Summary please, I'm at work.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Alex claims that he doesn't swear, then goes on a 30 second tirade of about 75% bad words.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Casimir Radon posted:

Alex Jones likes gay people, but thinks Congressman Schiff is a fairy and a cocksucker. Also, calling him a Russian agent to his face will result in getting your rear end kicked. Excuse me.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

"Listen you goddamn fucker, you son of a bitch, fuckhead, gangrape motherfucker"

In other words: Infowars has been assisting Russian bots, Schiff brings this to light, and Alex Jones is in full blown panic mode.

Two Finger posted:

The gently caress is with his voice?

The blubber is finally taking over.

ded redd fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 4, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Casimir Radon posted:

Alex Jones posted:

I have nothing against gay people. Ok, I love them, they're great folks. But Schiff looks looks like the art... type..a.. archetypal cocksucker; with those little dear in a headlight eyes and all his stuff; and there's something about this fairy hopping around, bossing around trying to intimidate people like me and you. I wanna tell congressman Schiff and all the rest of um: 'Hey listen rear end in a top hat, quit saying Roger and I...'

and I nmnn nnmn nnn never used cussing in 22 years but the gloves are off.

LISTEN! you son of a bitch! What the gently caress's your problem!? You wanna sit here and say that I'm a goddamn loving Russian!? You get in my face with that I'll beat your goddamn rear end you son of a bitch! You piece of poo poo! You loving goddamn fucker! Listen Fuckhead! You have loving crossed the line! Get that through your goddamn head! Stop pushing your poo poo! You're the people who have hosed this country over... and gangraped the poo poo out of it and lost an election! So stop shooting your mouth off claiming I'm the enemy! You got that!? You goddamn son of a bitch! Fill your hand i'm goddamn done. You start calling me a foreign agent those are loving fighting words... excuse me.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Is that video possibly grounds for the Capitol Police to come snatch up Alex Jones for threatening an elected official? Goddamn that dude is off his rocker. I'm not sure who is crazier there, Jones or Roger stone. The fact that both of these loons are closely associated with Trump is even more. :wtc:

Stop this ride, I want off.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
A dead cat bounce is when a policy tanks hard, hits the ground, then takes a tiny bounce upward before hitting the ground permanently.

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/849347768892239872

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/849358098296909825

And all of this made Obamacare popular.

https://twitter.com/GallupNews/status/849338554899738627

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Hearing Trump, Spicer, etc. blame Obama for Assad continuing to use chemical weapons on civilians reminds me of this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5VENDHxDvg

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Handsome Ralph posted:

Hearing Trump, Spicer, etc. blame Obama for Assad continuing to use chemical weapons on civilians reminds me of this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5VENDHxDvg

Except Donnie threw away that second letter, so he just keeps referring to the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Casimir Radon posted:

Look fucker you god drat fucker you wanna say I'm a Russian?? if you say that to my face bitch I'll beat you're loving rear end you goddamn fucker. I got no problem with the gays but you look like a fairy cocksucker you god drat fucker.

• Locked thread