Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Im bored and I miss football. Im going to watch a game after I finish my meal prep. What were the most entertaining games apart from watching the Falcons collapse in the super bowl on rewind forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Waroduce posted:

Im bored and I miss football. Im going to watch a game after I finish my meal prep. What were the most entertaining games apart from watching the Falcons collapse in the super bowl on rewind forever.

A classic, Landry v Walsh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcflzu8bKc0

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

fast cars loose anus posted:

The Colts signed Ken Griffey Jr's son and boy do I feel old today

My wife used to coach cheerleading for teenage girls and whoops two of them just graduated from college this weekend. :corsair:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Texas USC Rose Bowl was a great game start to finish. If you like college ball, pick out a few legendary college players, look up some of their best games and watch those. Sure, they were laughing stocks in the NFL, but drat it was fun watching Young, Tebow, and such tear up a college game.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm going to be very happy if Ballard can steal Dobbs from Seattle to run the scouting.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I played against the Pouncey twins in the Florida 5A State Championship so I feel old and unaccomplished. Also, Ahmad Black and Chris Rainey were on that team, while we had Leonard Hankerson and a bunch of O-Line prospects make it to the league.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Waroduce posted:

I played against the Pouncey twins in the Florida 5A State Championship so I feel old and unaccomplished. Also, Ahmad Black and Chris Rainey were on that team, while we had Leonard Hankerson and a bunch of O-Line prospects make it to the league.

How are you still alive? Half that team went on to play for the Tebow Gators and the other half went to Div 1 elsewhere.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

If i remember correctly the problem wasn't where he was drafted, everyone knew the guy was talented. The Bills just gave up a lot of picks to move up to get him which made fans upset.

They gave up their first round pick for the following year! But what made it worse was it was known beforehand it was a great receiver class. And even if they thought Watkins, Evans and OBJ might all be gone before they picked at 9, it's not like they didn't have other needs. Barr, Donald, hell Cooks was the fourth receiver picked.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

swickles posted:

How are you still alive? Half that team went on to play for the Tebow Gators and the other half went to Div 1 elsewhere.

Saint Thomas sent something like 24 kids Division I that year. Idk im not bothering to count the names.

http://www.aquinasfootball.com/college-raiders.html

some people say '12 was better idk in my opinion '7 was

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/858729344331653120

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh word

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Needs a fedora

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
good

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sounds about right, yeah.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Eh, if Trubisky turns into a franchise QB then nobody will care about the trade, and if he doesn't then Pace would probably end up canned anyway.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Giving Mike loving Glennon 15M/yr should've been enough to have him deported.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Eh, if Trubisky turns into a franchise QB

lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

Eh, if Trubisky turns into a franchise QB

this guy

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

57% completion percentage, 22TD and 13 int.Starting QB in a mythical playoff game.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Eltoasto posted:

Eh, if Trubisky turns into a franchise QB then nobody will care about the trade, and if he doesn't then Pace would probably end up canned anyway.

He has almost no chance to do this even in a positive environment

He's going into an environment where the coach is mad because the GM drafted Trubisky without his approval

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

FizFashizzle posted:

Benjamin for Watkins straight up

who says no

Maybe throw in a 6th to sweeten the deal.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

waah posted:

Maybe throw in a 6th to even up the weight exchanged

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Ehud posted:

He has almost no chance to do this even in a positive environment

He's going into an environment where the coach is mad because the GM drafted Trubisky without his approval

Wow, helluva story. Might even be true!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Wow, helluva story. Might even be true!

Ok pretend the second paragraph isn't there

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
The bears are loving stupid and every embarrassing thing reported about that moronic franchise is true hth

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

nerve posted:

The bears are loving stupid and every embarrassing thing reported about that moronic franchise is true hth

:yeah:

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
the only bad thing about whaley getting fired is that it didn't happen years ago

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the mccaskeys had to have given pace a green light to go ultra aggressive this draft, it's completely against the century old franchise mindset of all conservative all the time

so sure if trubs sucks pace is done but that's in 3+ years. the small school reaches aren't even going to be remembered

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

the mccaskeys had to have given pace a green light to go ultra aggressive this draft, it's completely against the century old franchise mindset of all conservative all the time

so sure if trubs sucks pace is done but that's in 3+ years. the small school reaches aren't even going to be remembered
I don't think he can have a Goff like showing and Pace keeps his job.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Is Goff salvageable?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

guys it is may now

namaste

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Is Goff salvageable?

It'd be unprecedented with how bad he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
In actually good NFL news, falcons new Takk McKinley isn't getting fined for his grandma rant

• Locked thread