Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Guys...I'm really down about the way this all happened. These emotions may be premature but I'm really considering moving the Cowboys down a notch and finding a new #1 team to root for. Any suggestions?

Off the bat my runner-ups are: Broncos, Chiefs, Eagles, Panthers, Seahawks, Steelers, and Texans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

John Brown posted:

Romo vs Warner is a close call. Warner had much better teams throughout his career including Orlando Pace, Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Fitz, and that nasty Cardinals D. I think I'd give the nod to Romo although Kurt is a much cooler story.

Warner had higher highs, but I think you've kind of got to penalize him a bit for his mid-career swoon that cost him his job in St. Louis.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm so excited for Texans fans to literally shake with rage as Colin Kaepernick leads them to the playoffs.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

John Brown posted:

Guys...I'm really down about the way this all happened. These emotions may be premature but I'm really considering moving the Cowboys down a notch and finding a new #1 team to root for. Any suggestions?

Off the bat my runner-ups are: Broncos, Chiefs, Eagles, Panthers, Seahawks, Steelers, and Texans.

As an Eagles fan, don't become an Eagles fan unless you're a masochist or have lost the ability to feel feelings.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

WHOOPS posted:

I don't think it changes he cap hit at all - either way, any cash paid to Romo that hasn't yet been accounted for in the salary cap (e.g., prorated signing bonus) accelerates to this year.

The bigger difference would be for Romo himself, who could sign with any team should he unretire. If not released, Dallas would still own his rights.

It changes the cap hit in that they'll designate him a June 1 cut, spreading his hit over this year and next. This will then lead to idiots saying that they 'should have taken the hit all at once and gotten it over with,' because they don't know/remember that unused cap carries over.

e: Also, Romo was a great guy and part of it was that he was more than willing to say things like this, that drive idiot fans into a frothing rage:

quote:

Back in 2008, Romo lost a Week 17 game to Eagles that knocked the Cowboys out of the playoffs. Afterward, he told the press, “If this is the worst thing that will ever happen to me, then I’ve lived a pretty good life.”

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 4, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spoeank posted:

I'm so excited for Texans fans to literally shake with rage as Colin Kaepernick leads them to the playoffs.

We all know what's going to happen:

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/fan-hypocrisy/

(Though there definitely will be some glorious initial takes)

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
How many picks would the Texans give for Tom Brady, given that they are basically the Patriots retirement home.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Thaddius the Large posted:

Is it just me, or are there a lot more meltdowns this offseason? Gotta keep up your shitposting to stay in peak midseason form.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I think it's actually a byproduct of other things happening around here but actually the important thing is to continuously post like a blind homer to keep your city strong. It's the only thing the nazi pats poster thinks correctly about.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sean McDermott is plastering Bills facilities with slogans that say “We just need some time, really!” and “We're a top 12ish team if things break the right way.”

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/849282456318603265

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I hope the Bills go 1-15

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Next the Bills will hire Sam Hienke as GM and tank the next three years in a row

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Eli Wiggum posted:

I hope the Bills go 1-15

Not sure I could subject myself to staring at Sam Darnold's weird rear end face unless he ended up being a top 5 QB.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/sbjsbd/status/849275666851876864

tony romo confirmed as greatest cowboys qb ever. thank you tony

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Seriously that is doing all of America and especially AFC fans a huge solid. Now we just gotta find someone to replace Nantz

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

illcendiary posted:

Seriously that is doing all of America and especially AFC fans a huge solid. Now we just gotta find someone to replace Nantz

Imagine Philip Rivers calling games

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Promote Ian Eagle.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Countdown to another analyst making a botched field goal hold joke and Tony stone death glare...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Imagine Philip Rivers calling games

Oh god his face is going to haunt me for the rest of my life isn't it?

fsif posted:

Promote Ian Eagle.

Is Kevin Harlan CBS or Fox? Promote him in either case.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

As good as I think Philip would be calling games, he's absolutely going to be a high school football coach when he retires

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bolo forever, seventeen

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I feel like I read some variation of this headline every offseason.

https://twitter.com/PP_Rich_Hill/status/849326192633270272

(Well, that or "Steelers cut Blount after substance abuse violation".)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I want to see Jay Cutler call a game with lovely QBs. "This guy sucks, can't even throw 20 loving yards. "

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/849338238175150080

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
There seem to be a lot more of these trades for a player a team apparently just doesn't care much about for a few spots in the draft order this year. Am I imagining that?

I guess a lot means 2, but I don't remember these things happening at all before.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It happened last year with Alonso and Maxwell, but bravo on using that TFF meme in a funny way :golfclap:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

With the draft pick value chart, that puts Jernigan's value as a late 3rd/early 4th.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Can ravens fans tell me if he'll ever play a snap? Stats say he's worth 5 sacks a year which honestly seems decent?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Patriots seem to do them fairly often.

Last year they traded a 4th for Martellus Bennett + a 6th.

In 2014 they traded a 5th for Jonathan Casillas + a 6th and a 6th for Akeem Ayers + a 7th

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Is Kevin Harlan CBS or Fox? Promote him in either case.

CBS

I don't think there's room for him to move up

Oh and CBS has the Cowboys' Thanksgiving game this year

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

With the draft pick value chart, that puts Jernigan's value as a late 3rd/early 4th.

So basically the comp pick he would've fetched next year for the 2019 draft.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

The Patriots seem to do them fairly often.

Last year they traded a 4th for Martellus Bennett + a 6th.

In 2014 they traded a 5th for Jonathan Casillas + a 6th and a 6th for Akeem Ayers + a 7th

A+, would trade again.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

So basically the comp pick he would've fetched next year for the 2019 draft.

Yup. That's a terrible trade for Baltimore.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Diqnol posted:

Can ravens fans tell me if he'll ever play a snap? Stats say he's worth 5 sacks a year which honestly seems decent?

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/849345291258146816

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I can't get over how dumb it is to trade away a legit shot as the best defensive line in football to turn a late 3rd round pick into a mid 3rd round pick. Yeah, Jernigan was going to play elsewhere next year but that still gives you a full season of a good player's best play during his contract year. It would be the most Ravens thing in the world for the FO to spend our 1st round pick on a DT now ignoring 5 other positions of desperate need.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

We wouldn't be able to afford to re-sign him next year after giving 8 billion dollars to Brandon Williams. ^ yeah that

We'll see how it goes, the Ravens have been coasting on "one of the best front offices in the league" for a few years now.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I can't get over how dumb it is to trade away a legit shot as the best defensive line in football to turn a late 3rd round pick into a mid 3rd round pick. Yeah, Jernigan was going to play elsewhere next year but that still gives you a full season of a good player's best play during his contract year. It would be the most Ravens thing in the world for the FO to spend our 1st round pick on a DT now ignoring 5 other positions of desperate need.

Silver lining?

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/849348445940875270

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Is there something special about 78?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lol it's pretty clearly exactly a 78 player deep draft. 79 to the end is a waste.

(It's like when someone says something is top 7... It means they're #7. It probably just means their last top 100 pick is 78 and it sounds better than top 100)

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Albert Breer is one of the bigger dumbasses in sports media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Spoeank posted:

(It's like when someone says something is top 7... It means they're #7. It probably just means their last top 100 pick is 78 and it sounds better than top 100)

It's this. The Ravens natural 3rd round pick is #78.

It'd probably be easier to just say "4 picks in the first 3 rounds" but whatever.

• Locked thread