Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Sherman is the lady, as Russ is the dweeby PR robot husband

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Chilichimp posted:

I'm glad he turned into a shell of himself when he stopped taking roids.

He was still one of the best corners in football, even while playing injured.

Still, I'd take a good trade for him.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Man, I forgot how off the rails that movie went.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Man, I forgot how off the rails that movie went.

Ridiculous last minute rewrites to include a lot of ham fisted IRAQ BUSH BAD 2008 rhetoric and imagery.

I mean it was never going to be good, but then they tried to make a light hearted super hero comedy movie have meaning, then they changed the ending, and then things kept getting worse.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Watching You Don't Know Bo again and I just noticed that Marcus Allen, one of the best short yardage runners in history, was Bo's fullback when he ran over Bosworth.

I know that happened a bunch with those Raiders teams but I never noticed him on replays of that play for some reason until now.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

FizFashizzle posted:

Ridiculous last minute rewrites to include a lot of ham fisted IRAQ BUSH BAD 2008 rhetoric and imagery.

I mean it was never going to be good, but then they tried to make a light hearted super hero comedy movie have meaning, then they changed the ending, and then things kept getting worse.

The first thing that should have been a red flag that Hancock was going to be bad was that Peter Berg was directing it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/JasonWitten/status/850770770250870784

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Android Apocalypse posted:

The first thing that should have been a red flag that Hancock was going to be bad was that Peter Berg was directing it.

If he remade Hancock in 2017 it would feature Mark Walberg and be based on a true story.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Also Will Smith

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

yeah most actors who achieve the financial success and notoriety of will smith at least try to pretend to make halfway decent films every now and again

hey will, wanna do something with some artistic merit?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah most actors who achieve the financial success and notoriety of will smith at least try to pretend to make halfway decent films every now and again

The pursuit of happiness owned.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

um, have you forgotten about the venerable classics Seven Pounds and Collateral Beauty?????

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

yeah it's cool will smith is drat near 50 and martin Lawrence is barely alive but we got two more Bad Boys movies coming out

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
RIP Will Smith

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Will Smith is still a great actor, I feel like he is just trying to to challenge himself at this point. He probably read the Suicide Squad script and was like "challenge accepted".

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Will Smith is still a great actor, I feel like he is just trying to to challenge himself at this point. He probably read the Suicide Squad script and was like "challenge accepted".

I honestly can't think of a single redeeming aspect of that film. I guess I thought Jared Leto's Joker was interesting?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Witten Owns.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Chichevache posted:

I honestly can't think of a single redeeming aspect of that film. I guess I thought Jared Leto's Joker was interesting?

The two Batman scenes

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Other than that forced terrible line from the writers, I thought he was the only good thing about Suicide Squad. Many people argue that it's the only character type he can play, but always overlook the fact that he's excellent at it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Chichevache posted:

Except Leto's joker was a bit of a mess. He couldn't seem to nail down which famous joker he was trying to copy and got a bit weird...like not "oh cool split personality" weird...just, this felt like poor directing weird.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The bad boys movies are really good

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Hell yeah

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Will Smith owns and I'm sorry about your terminal dumbbrain if you disagree

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

John Brown posted:

Other than that forced terrible line from the writers, I thought he was the only good thing about Suicide Squad. Many people argue that it's the only character type he can play, but always overlook the fact that he's excellent at it.

Yeah, I'd agree.

CyberPingu posted:

Except Leto's joker was a bit of a mess. He couldn't seem to nail down which famous joker he was trying to copy and got a bit weird...like not "oh cool split personality" weird...just, this felt like poor directing weird.

I think a lot of that was, as Brown said, a problem with the writing, and of course the poo poo direction.

One other thing was that no matter how good a job Leto did he's getting compared to Ledger's Joker. I don't know that anyone could have done a performance that wouldn't be eclipsed by the Dark Knight in the minds of most people. Taking that role was pretty much guaranteed to result in negative criticism just because of the legend that preceded him. I respect that guts Leto has.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Hmmmmmm this isn't the chat thread is it?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hancock's transition was pretty jarring.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Hell yeah

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Bad Boys was over 20 years ago you old nerds.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

http://i.imgur.com/Idbx7oz.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/r17cP9c.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/heYj62r.gifv

http://imgur.com/a/NeDDf

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jay Cutler got some kind of megamind thing going on.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tom Brady is an ugly fart

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

:manning:

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I have no idea why I thought it would be an OK idea to see Collateral Beauty

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

click the link.

phillip rivers doesnt change

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

A tale of stylists and receding hairlines.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:lol: at Cutler

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Yeah, but what about his rear end.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm the oddly shifting tip of Ben Roethlisberger's nose

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Spoeank posted:

I'm the oddly shifting tip of Ben Roethlisberger's nose

Ben's nose has been broken at least 3x that I know of. 1) No helmet-to-car windshield motorcycle crash 2) Punched in face by Richard Seymour after escaping a sack, 3) Haloti Ngata sack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

click the link.

phillip rivers doesnt change

Eli doesn't either.

• Locked thread