Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Real question: how does release and retire vs. straight up retiring without the release impact the salary cap hit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I want to see Jay Cutler call a game with lovely QBs. "This guy sucks, can't even throw 20 loving yards. "

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Man, I forgot how off the rails that movie went.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Will Smith is still a great actor, I feel like he is just trying to to challenge himself at this point. He probably read the Suicide Squad script and was like "challenge accepted".

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Am I the only one that doesn't get why the MOAB is such a big deal? Like its a big bomb, but its not like we haven't dropped multiple bombs with a larger effects before.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Spoeank posted:

It's the most powerful non-nuclear bomb ever dropped outside of testing

Ok, but we have had this bomb for a while now, I think it was developed during the Iraq War. It just seems like such a trivial thing.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I am gonna laugh my rear end when during discovery a stray e-mail is found linking Peyton to HGH, spurring another lawsuit with the Manning family taking a full on plummet.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Michael Corleone posted:

Why didn't Eli just wear 2 or 3 jerseys and helmets per game if he didn't wan't to give away 'the good stuff'? That's what they do with 'player worn jersey patches' that they put on football cards.

NFL rules prohibit more than one helmet per player, and furthermore unless you can demonstrate actual damage, only one per season. Part of this is to allow coaches/trainers an easy way to keep a player out of the game, by taking their helmet, which supposedly ties into the head trauma safety aspect, but in practice rarely does.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

All jokes aside, didn't his mom or someone have a scheduled operation earlier this week, which is why he issued a release a month or so ago saying he probably wouldn't go?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Lets just agree that you are both insufferable and be done with it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Makes Alex Smith look like Lana Kane.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

At least there is something to get in the civil trial then, and hopefully there is enough for his kid.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Was he the one that became a minister?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Back when I was on a specific research project, part of my official job was to (and I directly quote) "to gently caress with the military as much as possible". In Miami we trained Forward Surgical Trauma Units that were to be deployed very very close to the fighting. Once we prepped the pigs and finished up on our end, we were supposed to "test security" and we came up with a ton of inventive and fun scenarios. Their commanding officers loved it and would even give us pointers and intel on some of the guys. My favorite time was when the teams were taking too long getting the patient from the landing zone into cover and the next time we did it some dude bought us a paintball gun to play sniper.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Kalli posted:

Was it here or a twitter conversation where someone pointed out that Warren Sapp failed it for weed and cocaine at the combine.

Failing for cocaine is the ultimate "You're still going to draft me high" move possible. Like, you have to intend to fail that drug test because its out of your system in 12 to 24 hours tops.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

72-96 hours if taken with alcohol though. Had a client during intern days piss for it after 3 nights in jail so I know he wasnt lying

Guy must have had a lovely CYP3A4 system.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Its been known a ton of layoffs are coming at ESPN, but its a little weird to do it right before the draft for football guys and weird to do it in the midst of playoffs for NHL/NBA guys. Basically just fire the baseball guys now, the football guys in 2 weeks and the NBA/NHL guys in 2 months.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Texas USC Rose Bowl was a great game start to finish. If you like college ball, pick out a few legendary college players, look up some of their best games and watch those. Sure, they were laughing stocks in the NFL, but drat it was fun watching Young, Tebow, and such tear up a college game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Waroduce posted:

I played against the Pouncey twins in the Florida 5A State Championship so I feel old and unaccomplished. Also, Ahmad Black and Chris Rainey were on that team, while we had Leonard Hankerson and a bunch of O-Line prospects make it to the league.

How are you still alive? Half that team went on to play for the Tebow Gators and the other half went to Div 1 elsewhere.

• Locked thread