Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

A.A. Ron Rodgers posted:

"The Super Bowl can suck it!"
[img]olivia_munn_bj.jpg[/img]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

FizFashizzle posted:

Ridiculous last minute rewrites to include a lot of ham fisted IRAQ BUSH BAD 2008 rhetoric and imagery.

I mean it was never going to be good, but then they tried to make a light hearted super hero comedy movie have meaning, then they changed the ending, and then things kept getting worse.

The first thing that should have been a red flag that Hancock was going to be bad was that Peter Berg was directing it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I don't know if anybody really asked for this Wonder Twins reboot.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kalli posted:

For example, take this picture of John Holmes' erect cock. Now compare it to this picture of mine, clearly flaccid. As you can tell, a massive difference is length, girth and raw power, much like Tom Brady's throwing arm compared to baby arm Peyton Manning, but I digress. Holmes' is clearly shown in a better light, while mine, shriveled to look like a ferret hiding in a bean bag chair is impressive only to the women I text it at. If shown in a better light would mine match Holmes? yes of course, but that's neither here nor there, for the act of showing you the photos demonstrates the weakness of Trump compared to the virile power of Barack 'the Islamic Shock' Obama. Thank you.

Ijeoma Oluo posted:

Before I left (Rachel) Dolezal, I remembered that my editors had told me to make sure the photographer got a few pictures of us together. We were both sitting at the kitchen table, which provided an ideal photo opportunity.

The natural light from the sliding door by the kitchen was great for photography, but with our current seating arrangement, that light was falling on me and leaving her in the shadow. It is standard practice to have the interviewee sit in the best light, so I asked her to switch seats. The photographer thanked me for the suggestion, and I stood to allow Dolezal to take the chair I had been in.

Dolezal looked at me with a smirk and said accusingly: "Then you'll look darker and I'll look lighter, because the light's on me. I get it."

I realized that like all other black people who had challenged Dolezal, I had been written off as a bitter, petty black woman. She was concerned that the wrong lighting would make her look white.

She could not see that there was no amount of lighting that would make her look whiter than that interaction had. Perhaps that itself was the secret to the power of the Dolezal phenomenon—the overwhelming whiteness of it all.

It's all about the lighting, baby.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread