Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Kalli posted:

1. Warren loving Moon
2. Kurt Warner
3. Romo

Romo vs Warner is a close call. Warner had much better teams throughout his career including Orlando Pace, Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Fitz, and that nasty Cardinals D. I think I'd give the nod to Romo although Kurt is a much cooler story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Part of me wishes this is a ploy by Romo to get released and joins the Texans.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Guys...I'm really down about the way this all happened. These emotions may be premature but I'm really considering moving the Cowboys down a notch and finding a new #1 team to root for. Any suggestions?

Off the bat my runner-ups are: Broncos, Chiefs, Eagles, Panthers, Seahawks, Steelers, and Texans.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

Jesus, you weren't kidding. I believe the dude actually included "body language" just to poo poo on Cutler.

As always, it's worth reposting Parcells' rules for drafting a QB, which actually still hold up very well:

For the bare minimum that's actually pretty solid.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Those are some really hot

Amy Pole Her posted:

Sherman is broken now

That's a stretch. He may have not had an all-pro year, but that doesn't mean he's broken. We tend to hold the great players to such a high standard that when they falter folks go all LOST SEASON.

I think it takes a couple of consecutive bad seasons, or one abysmal year, before being able to say a player is done.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Chichevache posted:

I honestly can't think of a single redeeming aspect of that film. I guess I thought Jared Leto's Joker was interesting?

Other than that forced terrible line from the writers, I thought he was the only good thing about Suicide Squad. Many people argue that it's the only character type he can play, but always overlook the fact that he's excellent at it.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Embarrassingly late to this discussion, but Frank Gore will be in the Hall. His squeaky clean image and inevitable accomplishment of being a Top 5 all-time rusher will put him over the top. He's not first ballot, but he'll eventually get in.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

What's wrong with these guys? Help me understand the mindset of dudes who struggle putting the blunt down because I don't get it. Are there underlying issues like lack of self confidence or coping with adversity?

I'm seriously lost at the stupidity of getting popped for weed over and over again.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Phobeste posted:

Spot on, goon. These NFL players have never tried to do something hard (listening to some old not being able to find word.exe AGAIN , installing linux) and to cope they, like all inferior people, turn to mind altering substances to escape their pusillanimous lives.

Niwrad posted:

Maybe they are addicted?

I think you guys missed my point. Most of these athletes work their assess off so I don't think entitlement is the issue. To specify, perhaps it is a matter of all the pressure from the NFL and their family/friends once they make it to the pros. Maybe they use weed as their avenue to alleviate that pressure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Oberst posted:

Beep boop what are hooman emotions

You continue to not add any value into any of your posts across multiple threads. Try not posting for once - maybe that'll help you not get probated again.

• Locked thread