Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

swickles posted:

Real question: how does release and retire vs. straight up retiring without the release impact the salary cap hit?

I don't think it changes he cap hit at all - either way, any cash paid to Romo that hasn't yet been accounted for in the salary cap (e.g., prorated signing bonus) accelerates to this year.

The bigger difference would be for Romo himself, who could sign with any team should he unretire. If not released, Dallas would still own his rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Spoeank posted:

(It's like when someone says something is top 7... It means they're #7. It probably just means their last top 100 pick is 78 and it sounds better than top 100)

It's this. The Ravens natural 3rd round pick is #78.

It'd probably be easier to just say "4 picks in the first 3 rounds" but whatever.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
?? I've never heard the Vikings were trying to get Jordan Gross. Like, every story I've ever heard was the Vikings were trying to trade down, were maybe going to do it with the Ravens (who wanted Leftwich) but Jacksonville kept them tied up on the phones so they could take Byron instead. Then Carolina raced to get Gross while the Vikings made the pick they were planning to take after a trade down in Kevin Williams.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I like how "mass murder gang" and "US drops a MOAB" are second banana to a fake jersey scam.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Because no one trusts the Trump administration knows what they're doing.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/josinaanderson/status/856806281771982848

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The draft value chart is something Jimmie pulled out of his rear end to fleece other teams

Pfft, as if that ever worked out for him.

• Locked thread