Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bigass Moth posted:

Was there seriously a "is Joe Thomas a hall of famer" debate in this thread? What the gently caress.

There was a nitpicky argument about one of the good things about him is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I guess the Pack/Pats/Boys get more SNF games probably?

Remember when MNF was the marquee game? :lol:

Yeah I think it's probably more saving them for SNF/the possibility of flexing them in later in the season.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I guess he's 'only' 29 and hasn't had any football wear and tear for 7 years.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

He had that sweet 16-bit Genesis money rolling in.

Everyone who played that game ran fake field goals or punts on every down.

I can't believe it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bad Moon posted:

The Pats give money to a nutrition or sports medicine like company that Brady owns

It's a snake oil company on the nanobubbles level from everything I've heard about it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

warcrimes posted:

Still probably be an improvement

The Bills are a complete mess with real strange infighting going on and Polian does deserve credit for his earlier stuff but nah. I'll dig up the Polian reaction to the Osweiler trade if you need proof, the guy just isn't there anymore.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

Another piece of trivia I remember is that I think the first two NFL teams to run more than 50% of their offense from the shotgun were the Patriots in 2007, who then did it again the following year, and were joined by the 2-14 Chiefs who were basically the first NFL team trying to use the Pistol offense on a semi-regular basis. Since then, it's all skyrocketed...

This was the season Chan Gailey made Tyler Thigpen look something like an NFL quarterback, to the point where the Dolphins actually traded a low pick for him. I understand why people hate Chan but that still might be the finest coaching job I've ever seen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

You want something to happen for so long but man, when it finally happens....

I'm scared NBC will pick him up or something.

a neat cape posted:

Skip still quotes it on his Fox show

Duh, nevermind, it'll be fox sports.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Why did they let a regime they want to fire be in charge of the draft?

I wanna say this is pretty normal for any new GM hire because of the timing, like you just can't get new scouts to come in and tell you anything useful in January/February.

Now why they're doing it without actually hiring a new GM I can't tell you.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

nerve posted:

Because football

I mean, he was also ripping off kids he was supposed to be coaching later on too. That was also because of football I guess, but he's a pretty hateable guy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I think the general nationwide predraft + hype rankings go something like:

Trubinski
Watson/Mahomes
Kizer
Webb/Peterman?
Everyone else on that list other than
Kelly

I mean you might as well listen to him as much as anyone else I guess, everyone's dumb about this stuff.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think Barnidge is anything particularly special outside of that one great year but I see no reason for the Browns to cut him. Like, I wouldn't care if he was scheduled to make 20 million next year that's not a reason for the Browns to cut him.

Even if Hue specifically told the team he will never ever have more than one tight end on the field at a time and Barnidge was going to make 20 mill that's still not a reason to get rid of him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Michael Corleone posted:

Post the guy on your team that probably smokes weed but you'd never think it.

Alex Smith obviously.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Someone remind me what the Bills did in free agency this year if anything? They didn't cut Tyrod at least.

I'd assume this decision was made a long time ago so I'm wondering what Whaley did between when they decided to fire him and when they actually fired him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
According to some Boston TV station Aaron Hernandez didn't have any drugs in his system when he died. So I guess the spice rumor was bullshit if that's correct.

• Locked thread