Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sean10mm posted:

If we're just looking at actual QB play, Romo is #2 behind Staubach for the Cowboys. The difference is Romo wasted his peak years playing for garbage coaches in the "Drunk Jerry GM" era instead of playing for Tom Landry or Jimmy Johnson. By the time Garrett improved to league average and Jerry had started cutting back making personnel decisions while wasted on Johnnie Walker Blue Label, Romo's bones were pretzel sticks.

Romo started breaking bones in 2010.

Which, to be fair is when Garrett took over, but he wasn't league average at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spoeank posted:

I'm so excited for Texans fans to literally shake with rage as Colin Kaepernick leads them to the playoffs.

We all know what's going to happen:

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/fan-hypocrisy/

(Though there definitely will be some glorious initial takes)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

axeil posted:

Those Yahoo fantasy announcers were the best announcing team I've ever seen. More TV broadcasts should embrace a funnier, less old white man style commentary track.

Why do you think Bob Uecker is so awesome?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Good. Maybe people will stop complaining about it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Amy Pole Her posted:

Who complained about it? People mocked him for being a giant douche to his family and being in the closet but not about them dating

Some people were giving him the Romo treatment and going "IT'S A DISTRACTION, HE SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON FOOTBALL".

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Maybe his family are assholes. I mean what kind of person goes on the Bachelorette.

Part of me does wonder how much they're trying to poach off his fame and how much that pisses him off. Like his brother would be a nobody but he can go "OH, I'M AARON RODGER'S BROTHER, LOOK AT ME!" and get on that show.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Rookie Aaron Rodgers has a *really* punchable face.

Unlike Tom Brady who's always punchable

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hot Diggity! posted:

Packers beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl owned

And the Steelers too!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wasn't everyone expecting Packers/Broncos going into XXXI anyway, if my younger self remembers right anyway

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eli Wiggum posted:

Yeah. IIRC the Broncos clinched home-field super early and rested their starters. And when it came time to play the Jags, Woody Paige wrote that dumb column.

Woody Paige and dumb column is redundant, but what exactly did he write again?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Chilichimp posted:

If he actually solves NK by parking a carrier battle group off the coast and dropping a MOAB on their nuke test tunnel network... I'm gonna be real mad. If it turns out he just brazenly ignores the accepted norms of geo-policy out of a sheer lack of will to learn the norms... and then everyone laughs at him, but it all works... we'll have to live with him for 4 more years...

My lovely conservative work friend thinks that Trump "struck a deal" with China and they're gonna help us invade Korea. He's convinced all of this is just proof of how great a deal-maker Trump really is.

I reminded him that even if that were true, and China agreed to help us whack the CCP vassal state, we likely had to GIVE SOMETHING UP IN RETURN. What could that have been? We agree to help them gently caress Taiwan? We let them have North Korea, to the disgust and outrage of South Korea? We extradite the Dalai Lama?

To have gained something as huge as Chinas cooperation in removing their "regional madman buffer" we would have had to have buckled real real hard on something else. He disagrees and said things like, "Why would China side with the North Koreans over the US?"

Putting pressure on China is probably the right way, but China does NOT want to create a humanitarian crisis that it has to deal with primarily, so yeah, we would have to give something up massive in return.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And I'm the queen of France! :sparkles:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bad Moon posted:

It's gonna own :hawksin:

Tate caught the ball

Moooooooooooooodssssssssss

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

weird Asian candy posted:

Interesting little stat, why do you think this is? Pass happy league? More fearsome pass rushers? poo poo oline play?

https://twitter.com/Cole_Kev/status/856643388204089345

I remember in the mid 90s when the Packers never ran the shotgun.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shangri-Law School posted:

This Tweet tells me that the Rams, Bears, Lions and Browns are very old.

https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/857232917344473088

Suck it, Packers. :smuggo:

I'll take my super bowl wins, thank you

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:magical:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spintzel posted:

Melissa Kiper is a middle school math teacher

Can't unsee, thanks

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kalli posted:

In case you were wondering if Roger Goodell still sucked:

https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/857945855541862400

He still sucks.

This is a man who manages to be worse than a commissioner that has seen two lock outs.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pops Mgee posted:

I want an all fatguy team now. Get Lorenzen or Jamarcus on the line stat.

Don't. That results in CLARENCE BEEFTANK.

Ok that'd be pretty sweet, never mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

nerve posted:

The bears are loving stupid and every embarrassing thing reported about that moronic franchise is true hth

:yeah:

• Locked thread