Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

So basically the comp pick he would've fetched next year for the 2019 draft.

Yup. That's a terrible trade for Baltimore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I can't get over how dumb it is to trade away a legit shot as the best defensive line in football to turn a late 3rd round pick into a mid 3rd round pick. Yeah, Jernigan was going to play elsewhere next year but that still gives you a full season of a good player's best play during his contract year. It would be the most Ravens thing in the world for the FO to spend our 1st round pick on a DT now ignoring 5 other positions of desperate need.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Corner is such an impossible position to play that I'm in awe of anyone who can do it well for more than one season. Sherman at least seems like he could pull off the transition to safety.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You don't have to be a speed demon to play free safety. Unless his injuries have really slowed him down Sherman should be more than fast enough to play the back end.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Rod Woodson, Charles Woodson, Ronde Barber...

I think there are a few others but it definitely helps to be named Woodson.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I bet Tim Duncan is really good at D&D. No rules lawyering. No min-maxing. Just solid, fundamental role playing.

Undeniably true. I'd nominate Tim Duncan Global Emperor in a second, dude is the best.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oh, that's how he kept getting jobs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh. At best I'd accept didn't actively throw the game away

Whoa Whoa Whoa. Boller constantly threw away games. The excellent defense that propped up rookie Joe Flacco was a loving shadow of the support Boller had. Add to that a HoF left Tackle, a top 5 TE and the best running back in the league. If McNair was there instead of Boller from 03' on they absolutely win another Superbowl. Kyle Boller was a total loving waste and don't let anyone reminiscing about the Farve game tell you different.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
McNair was 06'. I'm saying if he arrived 3 years earlier, when Boller rolled into town, those Ravens teams would've won it all. They would've been champs :qq:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

hifi posted:

if you want to talk about your feelings then use the chat thread. the man was bad at football

Todd Heap was a HoF talent on the Ravens. He just had Kyle Boller dropped into the middle of his career like a dead weight. I'm not even going to talk about the news because that poo poo is too horrible to contemplate.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Thomas is a legit hall of famer but who knows if he'll get the consideration.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
A kid who's cancer is in remission is announcing the Ravens 1st pick. Hopefully he takes matters into his own hands if the Ravens try to draft a linemen.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ditto.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

fsif posted:

It's really insane to me that the dated rear end, unpopular views of septuagenarians still are such a dominant force in our society.

Hopefully our generation will be better about ransoming love and grandchildren for our parents unless they knock off their awful social views .

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Can you imagine Charlie Casserly being paid for his football opinions?

For decades?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Jon Bois' Pretty Good video series is also pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Baller move. Let's see how this plays out.

• Locked thread