Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
yeah, it's possible they might have in 2009 if he hadn't died before the season. That was a really, really good team.

That and Jamaal Jackson tearing his knee up against Denver in like week 16 or something along those lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Which of the 2004 QBs are going to retire first? Ben, Eli, or Philip?

Probably Ben, since I think he's the most likely to break down sooner.

I could easily see Eli or Rivers playing until either's 40 because they're both stupid durable like Favre was.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

click the link.

phillip rivers doesnt change

Eli doesn't either.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

man Fox really phoned in that last season with the Panthers, huh?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
A lot of people thought the Jags were going to be shredded by Denver, in part because the Jags were only in their second year of existence and because Denver rolled through the regular season to the point where they were resting dudes with like three weeks to go in the season or some poo poo. (which is why the Packers blew 'em out when they played that season; Elway, Davis et al barely played in that game)

But a lot of people slept on the Jags that year, to the point where they beat an aging but still decent Bills team and sent Jim Kelly to the retirement home.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Eh, I wouldn't exactly say they killed them. The final score was like 30-27 with the Jaguars scoring the go-ahead touchdown near the end of the game.

In that column, Woody also coined the term "Jagwads"

Denver was up 12-0 on 'em to start out the game, too. It was definitely a very tight game.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I love Shannon Sharpe to an embarrassing degree.

Volkerball posted:

Ben Coates wasn't as good as Chmura

Speaking of Chmura, there's a part in Gunslinger where he was all hurt and said Favre was selfish because he didn't stick up for him putting his dick in a teenager and it's hilariously clueless.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Larry English* was the worst bust I saw play for the Chargers in my 11 years of fandom, though of course Leaf is by far the worst one in team history and set them back drat near a decade.

*because Buster Davis was too easy, no?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Most Pats I know where I live are generally pretty okay people.

I used to be tight with a Pats fan (from LA of all places) who I worked with for a couple of years and he was hands down the most unpleasant person, defensive person i've ever met, though football was but a small reason as to why he sucked out loud. Anyway that's my story

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Yeah, I remember 2010 too.

loving Leon Washington, man.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Guess that explains why so many of his teams lost super bowls then

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

pffft yeah, right

Did you read the story about Aaron Rodgers' first camp? Favre would have been too busy dunking on NERDS to be on some weeaboo internet forums, no matter how revolutionary early 1990s DPPH would have been

Favre spent almost all of the 90's drunk and loving when he wasn't playing, guys got no time to be on some NERD forum

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
No wonder why the Redskins and Texans sucked so hard when he worked for them

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

sirtommygunn posted:

Eric Decker is a good receiver and Quincy Enunwa is decent.

I believe Decker got cut, though of course he might end up back there anyway.

EDIT: my bad, I thought he'd gotten cut after Marshall did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Don't forget chugging gravy too!

• Locked thread