Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

BrownThunder posted:

Pretty sure Marvin Lewis would do all of that poo poo just to win a playoff game

Must suck to not win playoffs games. At least it's better to lose early than have a heartbreaker of a conference championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Patriots football, also referred to as edging, peaking, or surfing,[1] is a sports technique which may be practiced either inside the conference or with the entire NFL and involves the maintenance of a high level of play for an extended period of time without winning championships.

When practiced by teams other than the Patriots, Patriots football allows the team to enjoy regular season and even playoff wins without waiting through the regression to the mean common after success. When the decision is made to allow success, the physical sensations may be much greater and more pleasurable than if the success were experienced conventionally. Patriots football is referenced as "doing your job" in Bill Belichick's The New Joy of Football (1993)[2] and "extended Lombardi trophies" in McDaniels and Steve Brady's 2000 book of the same name,[1] and is similar to the Steel Curtain technique used in the volume The Six Rings (1988) by Dick Vermeil.

Since Patriots football prolongs the experience of powerful anticipatory sensations occurring during the final build-up to the Super Bowl, the physical demands of being kept or keeping ones team in this highly excited state for an extended time can induce a pleasurable, almost euphoric state, and at times creates changes within an fandom's perceived consciousness.[citation needed] Patriots football can involve either offense or defense being in control of the team's victory, or a team delaying their own victory during passing times of trouble (for instance, injury). To experience Patriots football, it's best to move to New England, as work by independent scientists reports the "bandwagon" approach is less effective [citation needed].

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

We win at New England all the time, I don't see what the fuss is about

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Falcons on the other hand didn't almost win. Classic rope a dope from Bill

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Patriots on the other hand basically went 19-0

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Remember when the Patriots came back from 28-3

I member

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Who has the longer neck

Jordan Silk or Mike Glennon.

Saddam Hussein

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Not sure where it was projected, but it ended up at the bottom of 4.

Taken before Tom Brady. What a bust

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

The jealousy towards the GOAT team, coach, quarterback, and indeed city ITT simply knows no bounds

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Strobe posted:

I know two Pats fans. One is chill and honestly only seems happy at her team winning games and thinking Goodell is a useless piece of poo poo (and really, who among us does not). The other posts screen grabs of the SB score at 3:28 pm every other day.

I'm incredibly late on this but that second person deserves the congressional Medal of Honor

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Bigass Moth posted:

Was there seriously a "is Joe Thomas a hall of famer" debate in this thread? What the gently caress.

Joe Thomas, like other greats of his era such as Peyton Manning, Frank Gore, and Tom Brady, is a lock for the Hall

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

In the year 2035, in the capstone to a thoroughly unsatisfying season as the lack of youth football participation finally bubbled up to the pros, Tom Brady will win the super bowl in canton (there haven't been new stadiums built for 10 years) and march across the street and induct his drat self in the hall, undying

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Keith Atherton posted:

I love the Patriots and I am a fan of Gronk and Vince Wilfork.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Hmm sounds like money's going to charity. Better get really mad about it

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Ehud posted:

you would make an excellent charity watchdog!

Agreed. I take a 10% finders fee but it guarantees a lack of problems down the line

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

John Brown posted:

What's wrong with these guys? Help me understand the mindset of dudes who struggle putting the blunt down because I don't get it. Are there underlying issues like lack of self confidence or coping with adversity?

I'm seriously lost at the stupidity of getting popped for weed over and over again.

Spot on, goon. These NFL players have never tried to do something hard (listening to some old not being able to find word.exe AGAIN , installing linux) and to cope they, like all inferior people, turn to mind altering substances to escape their pusillanimous lives.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

I think it's more racist to assume all black people smoke blunts

I think Randy Gregory smokes out of a vaporizer that looks like a dick and the balls are where the fluid is kept. And one ball is weed and one ball is tobacco and you can switch between them at the flick of a button. I think he probably left it on the wrong setting. He's the victim here imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Jota posted:

Heck, who wouldn't want to smoke that dick?

The switches are all in the gooch

• Locked thread