Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

What is Mount and Blade: Warband?

I'm lazy, so here's a synopsis from the wiki pages!

quote:

Mount & Blade: Warband is the stand-alone expansion pack to the action role-playing video game Mount & Blade. First announced in January 2009, the game was developed by the Turkish company TaleWorlds Entertainment and was published by Paradox Interactive on March 30, 2010.The game is available as a direct download from the TaleWorlds website, through the Steam digital distribution software, or as a DVD with required online activation. macOS and Linux versions were released on July 10, 2014 through Steam.

Warband expands on the original game by introducing a sixth faction (The Sarranid Sultanate), increasing political options, adding the ability for the player to start their own faction, and incorporating multiplayer modes. Reviews of the game were generally favourable, with the addition of multiplayer praised. The game places a focus on the horse-mounted combat and giving orders to one's warband in the field, such as telling archers to hold a position or infantry to use blunt weapons.

No really, what?
Mount and Blade: Warband is hard to explain to people really. I generally start off my pitch with "Did you ever play Frontier Elite 2? Its that, but on a horse" and that tends to do the trick. Its an open-world action RPG where you are dumped into the world as a mercenary with some money, some armour and a horse and told "go do what you want". Its a hard sell because there's no plot, no overarching story quest, none of that. All the goals you have are the ones you set for yourself and its up to you how you get there. Luckily, this LP is starting with a goal so there's at least some direction happening!

What's our goal then?
Our goal is to become Queen of Calradia. Its a lot of work, and requires taking over each and every faction in the game, which in itself is hard to do. We're starting form the very bottom, as a lone woman with a horse and a few soldiers. After we've done that, we need to unite them and install ourselves as queen of the world.

Okay, so how is this LP going to work?
We've got a long road ahead of us, LP subforum. But with the power of friendship and believing in each other, I know we can do it.

This isn't your normal LP, where I play and you guys get to make the decisions. I have played through the introduction quest and left our character sat outside of a major city. As we speak, this save file is in the hands of another person who will play the game for one week real time and continue where I left off. They will post their updates while the next person in the list plays and records their segment and so on. We're essentially building a kingdom by committee, going down a list of people until we have reached our goal!

Neat! What do I need to join in?
First of all, you need the game. We are playing with no mods whatsoever, to make it more compatible between computers and players so you don't need anything beyond that really. Any level of skill and knowledge of the game is welcome, the second post in this thread is dedicated to keeping you up to speed! You will also need a means of recording an update -- updates can be in whatever form you choose. I went for video because that's what I'm used to but you can choose screenshots if you like, a hybrid of the two, or some kind of new, experimental LP experience. Whatever you're comfortable with!

As an aside: We are not going with mods because of potential compatability issues, however if you have messed with your vanilla .ini file with TweakMB or something along those lines, I won't tell you to change it. People have different playstyles and have to tweak different things to make it bearable (those loving cows) and I'm already putting you through vanilla M&B, I won't force my settings on you. Just keep it reasonable and not too cheaty and we won't say any more about it!

How long do I have?
You will have one week real time to record your gameplay. During this time you can record as much as you like, although remember that you only have another week to actually make your updates once its your turn so try to keep it reasonable! After that two weeks, the save file is sent back to me for archival and then on to the next person!

To keep things moving smoothly and to not have to wait months between players, people will post the updates from their session during the week that the next player is playing. This is also why the save file is being sent to me for archival, so that if someone flakes out on their turn, there's still an up to date save file for me to send to the next person, to keep things moving.

How do I get the save file?
The save file is already in the hands of the first person on the list, however when they've completed their week long tour, it'll be sent back to me. I will then send it to the next person on the list either through PM if they have them, or through another medium of their choice.

How do I get onto the list?
Just post in the thread stating your intentions! If you have PMs you don't need to do anything else as I'll contact you with the savefile when its time. If you don't, don't worry. I set up a Discord server to make this less of a logistical nightmare!

I don't want to make any updates but I'd like to play along.
I will be posting the most recent save file as a link in the thread too so that those who want to play along but who aren't confident in making updates or who don't have the facilities to can still play along! Feel free to talk about what happened in "your" game but remember that only the people on The List are allowed to make the official updates that will end up in the OP. Consider observer playthroughs as alternate timelines!

Now, without further ado..

The List will be posted in the order that people sign up. The dates (that are in European format so dd/mm/yy) represent when you will have the save file, to make it easy to figure out when/if you will have the time to make and post your updates!

Faerie Fortune
Iron Chitlin (4/4/17 - 11/4/17)
Danaru (11/4/17 - 18/4/17)
CirclMastr (18/4/17 - 25/4/17)
grimlock_master (25/4/17 - 2/5/17)
Blind Sally (2/5/17 - 9/5/17)
Fizzicist (9/5/17 - 16/5/17)
Miki (16/5/17 - 23/5/17)
HerpicleOmnicron5 (23/5/17 - 30/5/17)
UZworm (30/5/17 - 6/6/17)
nine-gear crow (6/6/17 - 13/6/17)
Herr Tog (13/6/17 - 20/6/17)
krisslanza (20/6/17 - 27/6/17)
ZiegeDame (27/6/17 - 4/7/17)
Werewhale (4/7/17 - 11/7/17)

Video Playlist

Faerie Fortune
Update 01 - Character Creation
Update 02 - In Which Mistakes Are Already Being Made
Update 03 - Progress

Iron Chitlin
Update 04 - Tournaments, Quests, and Bad Gameplay
Update 05 - A Day Full Of Failure

Danaru
Update 06 - The Shame Hat
Update 07 - Technically Winning
Update 08 - Dick Maths!

CirclMastr
Update 09
Update 10
Update 11
Update 12
Update 13
Update 14
Update 15
Update 16
Update 17
Update 18
Update 19
Update 20
Update 21
Update 22

grimlock_master
An MS Paint Update By Grimlock Master

Blind Sally
Mountain Blade: Warband - Update 23 - Blind Jeannie the Bandit Queen, Part 1
An MS Paint Update by Blind Sally

Fizzicist
Update 24 - Everything Is Fine

Save File
Each save file will be labelled by the date it was uploaded, and who was the last person to have it. To have it in your game, extract the .sav file into Documents/M&Blade Warband Savegames/Native -- you may need to rename it if you already have a save in that folder!

Savefile for 4/4/2017 - Faerie Fortune
Savefile for 11/4/2017 - Iron Chitlin
Savefile for 18/4/2017 - Danaru
Savefile for 25/4/2017 - CirclMastr
Savefile for 2/5/2017 - grimlock_master
Savefile for 9/5/2017 - Blind Sally
Savefile for 16/5/17 - Fizzicist

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jul 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

The Information Repository

If any kind posters post any mechanics pointers and such for our prospective commanders, it'll all go here for future reference!

(The faction information in Fae's original post comes from the Mount and Blade Wikia)

Joanne's Stats
Faerie Fortune - Joanne D'Arc
Iron Chitlin - Lady Baja of Blastington
Danaru - Liquid Joanne
CirclMastr - gently caress Dick Tree
grimlock_master - Juana de Arco
Blind Sally - Blind Jeannie

Factions and Such

Kingdom of Swadia
Kingdom of Swadia Troop Tree

quote:

As a starting point, the Kingdom of Swadia is profitable as it is close to all of the other factions. This means that you can easily venture into any other nation and buy goods, then return and sell them in any Swadian town. Swadian lands are relatively safe for trade routes, with the most common bandits being weak Forest Bandits and occasional Mountain Bandits near the river at the frontier with the Kingdom of Rhodoks. The downside of starting in Swadia is that it has no specially priced goods of its own.

Strengths
- Excellent shock and heavy cavalry.
- Reliable heavy infantry.
- Strong at defense and offense.

Weaknesses
- Unreliable crossbowmen.
- Very limited anti-cavalry infantry.
- Expensive troops.

The Kingdom of Swadia is similar to the Kingdom of Vaegirs, as both factions have almost identical troop progression. Swadian armies are usually more expensive to support than those of the Vaegirs, and are usually not as strong in numbers.

At the beginning of the Native Campaign, the Kingdom of Swadia is the strongest faction in the game, although its central starting position means that it is usually tied up with wars on numerous fronts. The eastern town of Dhirim is likely to be regularly taken by neighboring factions.

Swadian melee troops prefer to wield swords, heavy maces, and voulges. Swadians also use crossbowmen instead of archers, yet it seems the bow is a common Swadian weapon among its forest bandits, arena fighters and hunters.

Swadian Knights are the most powerful cavalry units in the game, rivaled only by Sarranid Mamlukes. Swadian troops rely mainly on the strength of their Knights to power through all enemy formations.

Swadia also has some decent infantry, but not as good as Nordic infantry. Swadian infantry resembles a mix between Vaegir and Rhodok infantry. Swadia can also train crossbowmen, although their crossbowmen are outmatched by those trained by the Rhodoks.

Kingdom of Vaegirs
Kingdom of Vaegirs Troop Tree

quote:

The Vaegirs possess arguably the finest foot archers in the game, and also have several tiers of reasonably good infantry and heavy cavalry. Vaegir troops prefer using two-handed weapons for an offensive advantage against their foes, and live in the mountainous and snowy north-eastern boundaries of the map. The claimant to the throne is Prince Valdym the Bastard.

The lords of the Vaegirs in Warband are called boyars, a title for lord in several Slavic languages.

Strengths
- Superb archers and light infantry.
- Good horsemen with high maneuverability.
- Strong offensive capabilities with two-handed weapons.
- Inexpensive troops.

Weaknesses
- Poor defensive capabilities because of using two-handed weapons, instead of one-handed weapons with shields, by top-tier infantry and horsemen.
- Vulnerable to cavalry (especially heavy cavalry).

The Kingdom of Vaegirs and the Kingdom of Swadia both have very similar troop trees, although Vaegir armies are, in general, cheaper to enlist and maintain, and are more numerous as a result. They also are more horse-based, with their tier 3 melee troop being a cavalryman.

According to Lezalit, the Vaegir people do not favor discipline or an organized command hierarchy, resulting in diverse but weak troops.

However, Vaegir Marksmen are arguably the best archers in the entire game. Although not as strong in melee combat and having less health than Rhodok Sharpshooters, they are the most accurate and boast the fastest shooting rate of all long-range units in the game. Provided a superior landscape and numerical advantage, it is more than possible for Vaegir Marksmen to devastate enemy infantry with a relentless salvo.

It is also important to note that because of the Marksmen's fast shooting rate, they tend to run out of arrows relatively quickly during a battle. Therefore, it is recomended that they are ordered to hold until the enemy comes within reasonable range. Although this tactic is very effective, it could also lead to infantry casualties if the timing is poor.

Kingdom of Rhodoks
Kingdom of Rhodocks Troop Tree

quote:

The Rhodoks were once subjects of the Swadians, but successfully fought a war for independence under the military leadership of Grunwalder. The Rhodoks later built Grunwalder Castle in his honor, on the site where he fell in battle.

In Mount&Blade: Warband, unlike in the original Mount&Blade, the Rhodok lords are called counts.

Starting in the Kingdom of Rhodoks could be regrettable, as it lacks cheap special goods to be purchased and sold. The countryside is also plagued by Mountain Bandits, which can be troublesome early in the game.

Strengths
- Excellent spearmen for beating back cavalry and holding the line.
- Outstanding crossbowmen.
- Excels at defending castles and towns.

Weaknesses
- Lacking in cavalry.
- Poor offensive infantry.
- Lowest strategic maneuverability out of all factions.

The Rhodoks rely heavily on well-equipped and hardy militias, unlike the levied footsoldiers and heavily armored knights of their Swadian neighbors.

The Rhodoks are fond of the spear and the crossbow, and their armies are largely composed of spear-armed foot soldiers and professional crossbowmen, both equipped with large Board Shields to offer full protection from volleys of arrows. The top-tier of the Rhodok infantrymen are their Sergeants, armed with Glaives and Military Hammers to give them a great advantage in offensive and defensive engagements. In general, the Rhodok military tree resembles that of the Nords because of the absence of cavalry units.

Rhodok troops are mainly effective against cavalry. Melee battles don't tend to favor their infantry units, but a powerful corps of crossbowmen can soften up the enemy before an infantry charge. Rhodok units are best used in a defensive role in field battles, with infantry in front of ranged units. A corps of Sergeants and Sharpshooters in any army tends to be just fine, especially against Swadian units. Additionally, Rhodoks have more health and speed than any other faction units, and can devastate enemy armies when in the right formation. If you plan on besieging or defending any castles or cities, Rhodok units excel at this role.

Kingdom of Nords
Kingdom of Nords Troop Tree

quote:

According to Matheld, the Nords were invited by the Calradic Empire to crew their galleys, and were given land on the coast as payment for this service. After the Empire fell however, a Nord leader named Gundig Hairy-Breeks landed in Calradia to claim a supposed Nord birthright of the whole continent. Matheld makes note that this was a fabrication by the skalds and qualifies it by noting the Nords need no excuse to go to war. Gundig Hairy-Breeks would be killed attempting to attack the Rock of Rivacheg, but Nords still come to Calradia under the idea of claiming Calradia by force.

This predisposition to war also factored into the rise of its current leader, King Ragnar, and the disinheritance of the claimant Lethwin Far-Seeker. The king before Ragnar and Lethwin's father, King Hakrim, had Lethwin sent abroad to learn academic arts believing that the Nords needed to be more than warriors. Ragnar disagreed and when Lethwin was shipwrecked on his way home to claim his throne, Ragnar took the throne for himself.

According to both Marnid and Deshavi, the Nords also grow flax in abundance to send to Sargoth. There, it is weaved into Linen which Marnid claims was not something produced in Calradia.

In Mount&Blade: Warband, unlike in the original Mount&Blade, the Nord lords are called jarls.

Strengths
- Excellent heavy infantry.
- Superb offensive capabilities.
- Reliable at defending (with heavy infantry).
- Archers that can defend themselves in melee.

Weaknesses
- Complete absence of cavalry.
- Average archers.
- Vulnerable to heavy cavalry.

The Kingdom of Nords is, in military terms, an infantry-based civilization. They boast the most powerful heavy shock infantry, whose main tactic is to throw a volley of axes or javelins at their targets before charging in to melee. They are somewhat vulnerable to armies with shock cavalry, as the men on foot cannot keep up with them. On the other hand, Nords are completely equipped to fight on foot and make for excellent castle besiegers, breaking shields and splitting heads with their axes as they go. They also make great castle defenders, forming a nearly impenetrable shield wall on the ramparts.

Nord armies rely on the strength of their infantry. Nord Huscarls are arguably the best infantry unit in the game. Since they do not rely on cavalry, their armies are excellent at both attacking and defending castles. They also have a branch of archers, but they are not as focused as there are only a few tiers in that unit line.

Khergit Khanate
Khergit Troop Tree

quote:

In contrast to the lush heartlands of Calradia, the great steppes to the south are a vast region of dry grassland. With harsh weather and little resources of wood or ore, the one thing found in abundance here are the herds of horses that live both in the wild and domestically. It is in this arid waste that one can find the Khergits, a semi-nomadic race of hunters and horsemen who, much like their Steppe Horses, are lean, hardy, swift, and temperamental.

According to Baheshtur, the Khergits were originally from the cold steppes beyond the mountains, possibly to the east of Calradia. Although they had previously been involved in trading, raiding, settling, and hiring themselves as mercenaries to the Calradians, they did not move to their current region of the map in force until their original homeland was invaded by the Great Horde. This event drove the Khergits to move into the place they now call home, at the time held by the Vaegirs.

Starting in Khergit territory is not advised, as Steppe Bandits are both numerous and dangerous foes for new players. It is better to begin in a more peaceful area and gather a secure, relatively experienced party before moving into the steppes.

In Mount&Blade: Warband, unlike in the original Mount&Blade, the Khergit lords are called noyans.

Strengths
- Superb horse archers.
- Good heavy cavalry.
- Hit-and-run tactics dominate the steppes and open plains.
- Superb ranged weaponry.
- Best strategic maneuverability out of all factions.

Weaknesses
- Almost complete absence of infantry.
- Devastated when defending castles or towns.
- Nearly powerless when unhorsed and when not moving.

It is important to note that apart from the Khergit Tribesman, Khergit troops are completely focused on cavalry (there is a very small chance that even a Tribesman could have a horse). This not only makes for very quick battles against infantry focused factions like the Nords, often resulting in the cavalry storming and surrounding the enemy spawn point, but will make Khergit-only parties travel much faster than other armies.

The Khergits are masters of the open field, and should be used mostly with this purpose in mind. Their horses need even terrain to reach full speeds, and due to lack of armor they are easy to kill if they cannot use their speed and mobility advantage. When using the Khergits, you should attempt to lure your enemies out of their fortress and ride them down in the open. When attacking Khergits, you are best off fighting them inside a fortress, or besieging them. Don’t forget to bring large, arrow-proof shields when facing Khergit archers. Once their main line in a fortress is broken, Khergits are easy to defeat and they are essentially powerless to stop heavy infantry from taking a castle or town.

Sarranid Sultanate
Sarranid Sultanate Troop Tree

quote:

The Sarranid Sultanate is a new faction introduced in Mount&Blade: Warband, located in the southern deserts of Calradia. It is led by Sultan Hakim, while the claimant to the throne is Arwa the Pearled One. Sarranid lords are called emirs, an Arab title for a ruler.

Strengths
- Good skirmishers.
- Excellent archers.
- Powerful heavy cavalry, rivalling the knights of Swadia.

Weaknesses
- Weak infantry.
- Archers that are weak in melee.
- Yields one of the poorest elite infantry troops in the game.

The starting position for the player is difficult, as many bandits roam the deserts outside of villages and towns. When you can, leave the area and come back with a large force if you want to attempt to drive out the bandits. Most of their units are relatively weak, excluding some of the higher tier archers and cavalry.

The Sarranids use units and tactics that seem to be a blend between those of the Swadians and Vaegirs, giving them more versatility. The top-tier Sarranid cavalry unit, the Sarranid Mamluke, is on a par with the Swadian Knight as the toughest horsemen in the game while Sarranid infantry and archers are tactically closer to Vaegir military units, although they are generally more heavily armored and bear heavier shields than Vaegir troops. Their weakness lies in a lack of specialization arising from this blending. While their archers are relatively tough in melee, they are not as devastating in their main role as archers. Similarly, their infantry have throwing weapons, but lack staying power in melee combat, and their horsemen are slightly less well-armored than their Swadian counterparts (but still quite powerful) and carry more blunt weapons to capture prisoners.

Used well, the Sarranids are a formidable force, but it is hard to squeeze a significant amount of damage out of the archers during a siege because they quickly exhaust their ammunition. Sarranid Master Archers are a hedged bet. They are better in melee combat, and thus a good backup when things go awry, but less effective compared to other ranged troops when things go according to plan. Ultimately, Master Archers may not be capable of clinching victory against powerful enemy forces. Mamlukes rule the open desert and their blunt weapons will help them pay their recruitment costs and salaries by capturing prisoners, but their expensive horses are of no use when besieging a town or castle. Sarranid infantry might score a few kills with throwing weapons, but when you need them to hold the line they simply may not be capable of holding their own against other factions' infantry in a direct clash.

The Sarranid territory is mostly open desert, making battles very favorable for cavalry and archers. Unlike the Khergits, their cavalry are melee only and have no bows, making them less versatile. However, their mounted knights (Mamlukes) are some of the strongest in the game, rivaling Swadian Knights.

Their infantry are considered the weakest in the game when compared to the other factions, and they are not as heavily armed as similar units in other kingdoms. However, they are reliable in large numbers and can be very useful if supported.

Sarranid archers use bows and jarids rather than crossbows, and while they can out-shoot Nord Veteran Archers, they are outclassed by Vaegir Marksmen. They have a very fast rate of fire, which allows a small number of troops to lay down an impressive volley in a short amount of time. But, Sarranid archers are not always reliable because of their low damage and poor accuracy, made worse when they spawn with jarids instead of bows.

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 10, 2017

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie
Sign me up! I am so all over this, we're gonna make the baddest of queens

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
*Tebuchets himself over a wall into the thread*

Hell YES sign me up are you kidding me

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

The List has been updated, thank you for enlisting!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Oh man, my arm might be working again by late May, put me on the list after Danaru please!

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I admit, I was a little disappointed when I opened the thread and this wasn't Triple Linda.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Ooo, put my name down. I'm interested in having a go.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I don't have the hardware to record but I'll definitely be following this! You've already made me start a new playthrough as a wannabe merchant. :sweatdrop:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Why, a collaboration LP of one of my favourite games! Should I sign up, or should I not?

(Kidding, of course I'm in.)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

2 weeks feels like a ridiculously long time although I guess the jury isn't out yet on how many updates that would actually be in the end.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

2 weeks feels like a ridiculously long time although I guess the jury isn't out yet on how many updates that would actually be in the end.

Considering I'm trapped in my house by injury, I wouldn't be surprised if I make 14 episodes in 14 days.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

MiddleOne posted:

Some people don't have a lot of free time to post updates due to work/family/etc, so this is to give them a lot of time to work with!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I've never played this game before! Sign me up. Every succession game needs a turn of someone's gross inexperience and incompetence!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Heck yeah I'll sign up for this, Warband is a game that's I've sunk well over a hundred hours into over the years, greatly relaxing game.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Not signing up, but I can play the role of a peasant who'll mock you and pelt you with rotten turnips when you gently caress up.

stop trampling my field you inbred fucks :argh:

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Heck yeah I'll sign up for this, Warband is a game that's I've sunk well over a hundred hours into over the years, greatly relaxing game.

Only over a hundred? I have over 600! :colbert:
Interesting idea though. I miiight give this a try.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

krisslanza posted:

Only over a hundred? I have over 600! :colbert:
Interesting idea though. I miiight give this a try.

To be fair, a few hundred of those is it just sitting in the background.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

List updated with the names and dates for all signups so far!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Danaru appears to be starting his turn in July and ending it in May. Unless he has a time machine, this appears to be a clerical error.

EDIT: Also, you might want to note that all dates are in European format (DD/MM/YYYY), because I was confused for a second at first glance.

Commander Keene fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 4, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Commander Keene posted:

Danaru appears to be starting his turn in July and ending it in May. Unless he has a time machine, this appears to be a clerical error.

El Psy Congroo

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
this is dumb, this game is good bad, you are dumber and I want to join this so I am ultimately the dumbest.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Krysmphoenix posted:

I've never played this game before! Sign me up. Every succession game needs a turn of someone's gross inexperience and incompetence!

oh, there'll be more than one turn of that. i can guarantee it.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Krysmphoenix posted:

Those make for some of the greatest updates.

Getting the popcorn out for this one!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I love how the first thing that happened was getting captured and losing your money.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'd be down to Cersei Lannister my way through a turn of this game.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Okay, after discussion with Iron Chitlin, the unlucky fucker who got to be first on the list, we have concluded that two weeks is probably an excessive amount of time to have the save file, even if you have work/family commitments that mean you have less time for LPs.

So the time people have the game will be reduced to a week which means that the dates have also changed a bit. It also means people only have a week to post their updates which might be a little tight for some folks but it'll keep things moving I promise. With the new dates in mind, if you want to be moved up or down the list let me know!

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
I have been informed that apparently I have to "sign up" in "the thread" in order to play this stupid loving game that Chitlin bought for me

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Faerie Fortune posted:

Okay, after discussion with Iron Chitlin, the unlucky fucker who got to be first on the list, we have concluded that two weeks is probably an excessive amount of time to have the save file, even if you have work/family commitments that mean you have less time for LPs.

So the time people have the game will be reduced to a week which means that the dates have also changed a bit. It also means people only have a week to post their updates which might be a little tight for some folks but it'll keep things moving I promise. With the new dates in mind, if you want to be moved up or down the list let me know!

I'll be super busy on my assigned week, so I probably won't be able to do my turn. Can I get bumped down a spot? The following week would be perfectly fine.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Someone should just create a public spreadsheet and get it over with.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I'll be honest, I didn't think I'd get more than a couple of signups :v: I'll work on a spreadsheet later this afternoon to make things a little easier though

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie

Faerie Fortune posted:

Welp, that puts my spot squarely during a trip I'm taking. Can I be moved down a peg or two?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Shei-kun posted:

I love how the first thing that happened was getting captured and losing your money.
Well, no, first our protagonist bravely fought a baddie and was told to go get her some men. Probably teenagers, with attitude and sharp sticks.

Then she was repeatedly captured and robbed.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

It wouldn't be a Fae LP if there wasn't gross incompetence/tech issues/just plain bad luck right from the start!

The List has been updated and reworked, let me know if you want to be moved around further!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Faerie Fortune posted:

It wouldn't be a Fae LP if there wasn't gross incompetence/tech issues/just plain bad luck right from the start!

Haha oh come on, this is already way more ambitious than the average video LP. Some hiccups are inevitable once you start involving people. :v:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Great, now I have to play twice a day to get 14 updates. Also I will definitely have the sling for most of the week.

Oh wait I do stretches twice a day to keep my joints from freezing up. Perfect!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Faerie Fortune posted:

I'll be honest, I didn't think I'd get more than a couple of signups :v: I'll work on a spreadsheet later this afternoon to make things a little easier though

You underestimated goons and their love of niche games!

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Faerie Fortune posted:

You seem to not realize that Mount & Blade is probably one of the best games around.
This thread alone is making me wanna go boot it up again and play some campaigns.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
It has been over six years since I've touched this game, but I've been meaning to rope a friend into talking over video games with me, so sign me up for probably getting drunk and losing all our armor to a wandering troubadour or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krisslanza
May 6, 2011
Oh right, I guess I should say I'll take a turn.

• Locked thread